Fwd: [berkmanfriends] Data & Society job openings

Brian Keegan

Feb 4, 2015, 1:51:07 PM2/4/15
to coope...@eon.law.harvard.edu, computational-sociology, crow...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: danah boyd <da...@cyber.law.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Subject: [berkmanfriends] Data & Society job openings
To: Berkman Friends <berkman...@eon.law.harvard.edu>

Hello Berkman friends!

We at Data & Society are seeking to hire for a bunch of new roles and could use your help getting the word out.  A few of these were announced last week but we now have the full slate of openings up online. Please share these widely. We’re super grateful for your help in getting these opportunities in front of the right people.

     * First, we’re looking for a full-time community manager, someone to help our growing community to be engaged and effective: http://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/01/full-time-community-manager/ — This position is ideal for someone who finds joy and happiness from helping communities flourish from behind the scenes. The ideal candidate will not only be excited by our goals, but already be tracking the people and work underway. [Think: Becca's doppleganger.]

     * We’re also looking for a multi-talented geek to support Data & Society’s communications efforts full time: http://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/02/web-design-digital-media-producer/ — This person will work closely with the rest of the team to find ways to punch above our weight in terms of the style and utility of our online presence, research projects, events, and outputs. Responsibilities will include web development, digital media production, and design.

     * A crucial new opening: We’re seeking a project coordinator for our Data & Civil Rights initiativehttp://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/02/project-coordinator-data-civil-rights/ — The ideal candidate will come directly from the civil rights community, know the various organizations who comprise the community, and have strong networks into the world of advocacy and organizing. The right person for this job may have a Master’s or JD, but may also have extensive experience working in community organizing.

     * No less crucial: We’re seeking a project coordinator for our Ethics in “Big Data” Research projects: http://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/02/project-coordinator-ethics-in-big-data-research/ — The ideal candidate will be familiar with and/or interested in research ethics issues. This position would be particularly appropriate for someone with a Master’s degree from a library or information science program or someone with an understanding of library and information science principles.

     * In addition, we’re also looking for a part-time RA to help on multiple fronts: http://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/01/research-assistant-part-time/ — This position is ideal for a current student, with Master’s and PhD students more likely to have opportunities to take on additional research responsibilities based on experience.

     * Finally, D&S fellow Anthony Townsend is looking for a “Cities of Data” RA: http://www.datasociety.net/jobs/2015/01/research-assistant-cities-of-data-project/ — The ideal candidate is a graduate or post-doctoral student with research or professional experience in urban studies, urban planning, urban informatics, data science, and/or geographic information systems or geosimulation.

An overview of all six opportunities can be found online at http://www.datasociety.net/updates/featured/announcements/2015/02/data-society-is-hiring/

If you have any questions, please get in touch. Thank you.

Cheers,
Seth Young & danah boyd

Reminder: emails sent through this list are considered on-record unless
otherwise noted.

message-footer.txt