Call for Spring Virtual Research Fellows

Jason Radford

Dec 4, 2017, 10:58:02 AM12/4/17
to computation...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to announce our call for Virtual Research Fellows for the Spring Semester with the online laboratory Volunteer Science. This semester-long fellowship is for researchers interested in creating web applications using the platform. During the fellowship, researchers will receive free access to Volunteer Science’s researcher portal, free training in building online web applications with Volunteer Science, and weekly coding sessions and hands on support from Volunteer Science staff. The expectation is that fellows will use this time to create, deploy, and analyze data from their application by the end of the fellowship.

The deadline for applications is December 29th. Please see the attached Call for Applications for details on eligibility, application instructions, and the calendar of events for the Spring.

Please email me with any questions. Anyone interested in conducting research on Volunteer Science is invited to sign up for a research team where you will be able to create web applications, deploy them on a personal team page, and recruit volunteers, students, or workers on Mechanical Turk.

Very Best,
Jason Radford

--
Jason Radford
Doctoral Student, Sociology, University of Chicago