Fwd: pilot to bring researchers and coders together

Brian Keegan

Jun 24, 2014, 9:12:58 PM6/24/14
to lazer-lab, computational-sociology

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Interdisciplinary Programming, in partnership with the Mozilla Science Lab, is looking for research projects to participate in a pilot study on how best to bring the skills and knowledge of the software development community to bear on the software problems researchers face in their own practices - and we're hoping that your current research could be a good fit!

In this study, we’ll start by helping you set software development goals for your project that coders can contribute to or offer guidance on, and we'll promote your project to the community to help match you with interested developers.  Projects can be small to mid-scale; we'd like to start in July, and aim to wrap by the end of the year.  Special consideration will be given to projects that further open, collaborative, reproducible research, and reusable tools and technology for open science.  If you think your project could benefit from some developer love, check out the full call for proposals at http://mozillascience.org/bringing-researchers-and-developers-together-a-call-for-proposals/ , and contact the PI at mill...@gmail.com.