@font-face not working in Chrome

lyuba

Jun 12, 2011, 2:49:40 PM6/12/11
to Compass
I've been using @font-face for a while and it's a first time that I
get this problem.
After generating the files in Font Squirrel generator from Philosopher
font, which comes in otf, I am using the following code:

@include font-face("Philosopher", font-files(
"philosopher/philosopher-webfont.woff", woff,
"philosopher/philosopher-webfont.ttf", truetype,
"philosopher/philosopher-webfont.svg", svg),
"philosopher/philosopher-webfont.eot");
$logo-family: "Philosopher", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-
serif;

Urls of the fonts are correct just because it works fine in Firefox.
But in Chrome font appears as Helvetica.

I've tried both truetype and opentype, but the result is still the
same: works in Firefox, doesn't work in Chrome.

Just in case anyone knows the possible reason for this problem - I
would appreciate your suggestions.

lyuba

Jun 12, 2011, 2:56:44 PM6/12/11
to Compass
After defining the variable for the font I am doing:
h1 {
font-family: $logo-family;

Brandon Mathis

Jun 12, 2011, 3:03:27 PM6/12/11
to compas...@googlegroups.com
I recently had a problem with Chrome displaying some @font-face fonts. I'm honestly not sure why it's happening, but I don't think it's Compass.

Here's why. It looks fine in Safari, and Firefox, but in Chrome, some of my font-face declarations don't work, *even if I don't use compass at all*. I tried doing an embed using the codes from http://google.com/webfonts and they still don't show up in Chrome. Finally I logged in under my wife's account and checked my site in Chrome (same application binary shared across accounts). The font-face fonts showed up fine. For some reason it appears that my user preferences for Chrome are conflicting and telling it not to load font-face fonts. I've searched through my settings and I can't find a place to fix it. Also it only seems to affect some fonts. Others seem to be working fine.

This may not be your problem, but I thought it'd be worth knowing about. It may not be Compass.

- Brandon Mathis

Joel Oliveira

Jun 12, 2011, 3:26:30 PM6/12/11
to compas...@googlegroups.com, compas...@googlegroups.com
I know that with the font kits provided by Fontsquirrel they include a sample HTML file to test everything out. If you drag that HTML into chrome does it work?

Or I could be barking up the wrong tree if this wasn't a full "font-face kit".

lyuba

Jun 12, 2011, 3:30:38 PM6/12/11
to Compass
Hi Brandon, thanks a lot for your reply.

Looks like I've found the problem - gap is in Font generator. While
the font contains the Cyrillics support in otf, it's not propagated to
the other formats, so that is the problem.
It worked in Firefox for me, because the font was installed on my
computer, which I forgot about.