asus g73 throwing curser randomly

bad sector

Jul 20, 2014, 8:09:18 AM7/20/14

Anybody know of a cure for my Asus g73sw that is increasingly throwing
the curser all over the place while I'm typing? Not sure if this is an
OS or kernel problem as some have claimed. It is not hardware, got bios
203, never happens in console mode, haven't seen it in gnome or windows
but it is getting worse with over time

bad sector

Nov 5, 2014, 8:36:27 AM11/5/14
nailed it, but there may be no fix

'seems like' in the case of only some systems the keystrokes are trapped
in front a few microseconds' worth of bounce-filtering wisdom, but not
so in others. I'm only guessing this, never seen the problem under
windows yet, haven't tested all 5 of my linux installs nor all the linux
WM's.

The keyboard as hardware, like the laptop it's on, is a total POS. It is
convex and loose and the paint was coming off the caps so I replaced it
with hopes for improvement. The new keyboard is WORSE. So I put some
2-way tape under it but even the supporting metal membrane is so flimsy
that the bounce is just as bad. Other than that the product is good
paperweight.