kdenlive chroma green video

bad sector

Dec 18, 2014, 7:31:12 PM12/18/14

How would I do chroma green video-on-video with kdenlive?

If impossible then could I at least do a video with chromagreen
tansparent background where an image would show?

I'm making some music videos and most will use just dissolving image
series as the background. TWO of them need to use a video background.
All would show the instrument being played as a video in the foreplan.

Thanks

I used to be a kdenlive forum member but now I woulk have to sign up as
a kde fan with real name and that's something I will NOT do (been
identity thieved once already!)

bad sector

Jan 4, 2015, 12:28:11 AM1/4/15
b.mp4 is the background video to show through the green
g.mp4 is the transparent background video
out.mp4 is the output composite

melt b.mp4 in=400 -track chromvideo.mp4 in=450 -filter chroma
key=0x00ff0000 variance=0.40 -transition composite -consumer
avformat:out.mp4

one command line, no need for no 3rd partyware

bad sector

Jan 4, 2015, 12:51:09 AM1/4/15
On 01/04/2015 12:27 AM, bad sector wrote:
> On 12/18/2014 07:30 PM, bad sector wrote:
>>
>> How would I do chroma green video-on-video with kdenlive?
>>
>> If impossible then could I at least do a video with chromagreen
>> tansparent background where an image would show?
>>
>> I'm making some music videos and most will use just dissolving image
>> series as the background. TWO of them need to use a video background.
>> All would show the instrument being played as a video in the foreplan.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> I used to be a kdenlive forum member but now I woulk have to sign up as
>> a kde fan with real name and that's something I will NOT do (been
>> identity thieved once already!)
>
> b.mp4 is the background video to show through the green
> g.mp4 is the transparent background video

sorry, that was chromvideo.mp4, forgot to rename to g.mp4 in the command