|Screwed up format options {Plasma 5}

bad sector

Jun 6, 2016, 4:12:22 PM6/6/16
For 25 or so years I have used shortdate
on my desktops like so

Tue, 25-Dec-2013 (or similar)

I don't give a rat's ass what 'standardised'
formats may or may not appear under so many
ridiculous little flag icons.

Where do I set what "I" want the way I want?

Aragorn

Jun 6, 2016, 4:22:00 PM6/6/16
On Monday 06 Jun 2016 22:12, bad sector conveyed the following to
comp.windows.x.kde...
Disclaimer: I'm still using KDE4 (and I intend to stick with it for a
while too).

Normally, you would go into the System Settings (or whatever it's called
these days) and choose your localization options ─ here in KDE4 it's
called "Locale".

Next, right-click on the clock applet and choose "digital clock
settings" if you also want the date to appear in the chosen format in
your panel clock.

--
= Aragorn =

http://www.linuxcounter.net - registrant #223157

bad sector

Jun 6, 2016, 5:33:21 PM6/6/16
ey, how you doin' pilgrim?

i'd like to stick to kde4 as well but
every now and then i get into my

*turn-blue-in-the-face-cussin'*

fit. I 'even' call people names out loud :-)

I'm trying to domesticate this p5 POS because
using suse without it might soon be a thing of
the past!

The dialog you cite does let me set 'shortdate',
problem is that what shortdate looks like is
no longer a 'user-function' so to speak, at least
not beyond clicking some flag. For 'detailed settings'
you get some more flags bu no more textboxes.

Ever feel like gasping for air in this fucking
pigeonhole world?

J.O. Aho

Jun 7, 2016, 1:05:28 AM6/7/16
On 06/06/2016 10:21 PM, Aragorn wrote:
> On Monday 06 Jun 2016 22:12, bad sector conveyed the following to
> comp.windows.x.kde...
>
>> For 25 or so years I have used shortdate
>> on my desktops like so
>>
>> Tue, 25-Dec-2013 (or similar)
>>
>> I don't give a rat's ass what 'standardised'
>> formats may or may not appear under so many
>> ridiculous little flag icons.
>>
>> Where do I set what "I" want the way I want?
>
> Disclaimer: I'm still using KDE4 (and I intend to stick with it for a
> while too).
>
> Normally, you would go into the System Settings (or whatever it's called
> these days) and choose your localization options ─ here in KDE4 it's
> called "Locale".

System Settings->Regional settings->Formats:

Enable Detailed Settings.

When finished, logout and login again.