Plasma5 panel icons

bad sector

Jun 7, 2016, 3:37:55 PM6/7/16

I found a workaround to temporarily resolve the
issues arising with the use of vertical panels
on the sides and the insane expanding icons.

Gadgets like the pager, the systray and time/date
require a minimum of 90 pixels for me, but
providing that many leaves room for only a few
other icons

By using several panels the problem's severity is
reduced. I'd still want to see 90 pixels on each
side with the smaller (normal) icons in double rows
but I can't even park two narrower panels side-by-side.

Another associated problem is that a menu placed
on the right panel cascades back and forth L/R.

Finally custom icons need to be first created
using ApplicationMenu settings, then the canned
ones need to be removed before the custom icon
bearing entry is 'Add'-ed to panel. Else the change
may never take hold.

http://trixtar.org/3/compuke/images/desktop-Suse-KDE4.png
http://trixtar.org/3/compuke/images/desktop-Suse-KDE-Plasma5.png
http://trixtar.org/3/compuke/images/desk-tw.png