Out of space while installing JDK Patch

Ted Mandel

Nov 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/11/00
Help !

I been trying to install JDK 1.3 over the weekend. I had no problems with
the install but when I tried to update some of the 1.3 patches, I got the
following message "pkgadd: ERROR: Not enough space to backup
</var/sadm/install/contents>".
pkgadd: ERROR: Need=6466 block, Available=3006 blocks (block size 512).

I did a df and have the following:
/var (/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3): 5116 blocks 23939 files
Total : 54196 block 27009 files

I am very new to unix so I need to know how can I increase the file system
with deleting anything that is there now.

Thank you for any help.

Regards
Ted

David Michaels

Nov 11, 2000, 7:17:43 PM11/11/00
Hi
I know generally when I install solaris it wants to put all my extra
disk space in the home directory witch is kinda useless for my needs if
you don't use it and you have room there maybe you could fool around
with vfstab and comment it keeping it from getting automounted and use
the space with some symbolic links
good luck
dm

In article <NiiP5.5009$751....@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,