exFAT on Solaris

Joe Reid

Mar 4, 2016, 11:54:20 AM3/4/16
I've got some spinning rust (Seagate's 8Tb drive) that I'd like to
mount on my Solaris 11.3 box, disk has exFAT filesystem on it. I don't need
read/write (though that would be awesome), has anyone worked with this recently
https://github.com/myaut/solaris-sparc-fuse

or just suffer through the network bottleneck and copy the data from my winders desktop?

--
joe

John D Groenveld

Mar 4, 2016, 12:11:19 PM3/4/16
In article <23851c67-ad5c-4da1...@googlegroups.com>,
Joe Reid <downtow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>or just suffer through the network bottleneck and copy the data from my winders desktop?

Or another OS with exFAT support either natively or within a VM
with the drive passed thru.

John
groe...@acm.org

Joe Reid

Mar 4, 2016, 12:51:21 PM3/4/16
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 11:11:19 AM UTC-6, John D Groenveld wrote:
> Or another OS with exFAT support either natively or within a VM
> with the drive passed thru.

thank John, with this much data a VM might be worth investigating, and once working I'll have the VM setup.

is there any work being done in Oracle about getting native NTFS and/or exFAT support?

--
joe

YTC#1

Mar 4, 2016, 1:25:55 PM3/4/16
Ask Microsoft

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

cindy.sw...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 1:37:10 PM3/4/16
From the Solaris side, there is work being done with SMB but not native NTFS support.

Thanks, Cindy

Joe Reid

Mar 4, 2016, 2:34:20 PM3/4/16
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 12:25:55 PM UTC-6, YTC#1 wrote:
> > is there any work being done in Oracle about getting native NTFS and/or exFAT support?
>
> Ask Microsoft

oh well, I figured that was the issue, alas.

(thanks for the responses ya'll - you too Cindy)
--
joe

John D Groenveld

Mar 4, 2016, 9:33:34 PM3/4/16
In article <a0c02957-5017-4f50...@googlegroups.com>,
Joe Reid <downtow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>oh well, I figured that was the issue, alas.

When it comes to Ellison and Nadella smooching,
Solaris doesn't rate.
<URL:http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/microsoft/>
Maybe OpenWorld 2016.

John
groe...@acm.org

YTC#1

Mar 5, 2016, 3:43:04 AM3/5/16
Note it says Oracle is best for Windows, not Windows is best for Oracle.
A clever play on words ?