pkg-get stopped working ..

baselnovo

Nov 24, 2008, 4:59:32 PM11/24/08
,, and I'm not sure why. I Googled for some other cases of this and
found some, but no clear resolutions. Any idea what may cause - and
how to fix - the following?

# pkg-get -U
Getting catalog...
--16:41:19-- http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog
=> `catalog'
Resolving ibiblio.org... done.
Connecting to ibiblio.org[152.46.7.80]:80... connected.
16:41:19 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Thanks!

Richard B. Gilbert

Nov 24, 2008, 5:11:46 PM11/24/08

You must have missed the excitement. A couple of the principals had a
shootout and some things are no longer working. Some of the servers are
no longer available, etc, etc.

benolasov

Nov 24, 2008, 5:17:27 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 2:11 pm, "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilber...@comcast.net>
wrote:

Oh great. Any idea if any servers are still working?

Oscar del Rio

Nov 24, 2008, 5:11:36 PM11/24/08
baselnovo wrote:
> ,, and I'm not sure why. I Googled for some other cases of this and
> found some, but no clear resolutions. Any idea what may cause - and
> how to fix - the following?
>
> # pkg-get -U
> Getting catalog...
> --16:41:19-- http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog

> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

Browsing to http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/ there is no "csw".
it seems now you have to choose between "blastwave" and "opencsw"...

http://www.blastwave.org
http://www.opencsw.org

Andrew Deason

Nov 24, 2008, 5:36:26 PM11/24/08
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:59:32 -0800 (PST)
baselnovo <base...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ,, and I'm not sure why. I Googled for some other cases of this and
> found some, but no clear resolutions. Any idea what may cause - and
> how to fix - the following?

[...]
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog

Old mirror URL. You want either /pub/packages/solaris/opencsw/
or /pub/packages/solaris/blastwave/, depending on if you want to follow
OpenCSW or Blastwave (I'm using OpenCSW, myself).

Also, Ibiblio is the default mirror, which you may not want to use. If
you're using OpenCSW, you can find the list of mirrors at
<http://www.opencsw.org/mirrors>.

You can change what mirror you're using in /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf
with the `url' directive.

--
Andrew Deason
adea...@uiuc.edu

baselnovo

Nov 24, 2008, 6:26:49 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 2:11 pm, Oscar del Rio <del...@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> baselnovo wrote:
> > ,, and I'm not sure why.  I Googled for some other cases of this and
> > found some, but no clear resolutions.  Any idea what may cause - and
> > how to fix - the following?
>
> > # pkg-get -U
> > Getting catalog...
> > --16:41:19--  http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog
> > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>
> Browsing tohttp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/there is no "csw".

> it seems now you have to choose between "blastwave" and "opencsw"...
>
> http://www.blastwave.org
> http://www.opencsw.org

I'm not having luck with either of these, but I may be doing something
stupid. We run pkg-get on a sun sparc with solaris 5.8:

# pkg-get -U
Getting catalog...

--15:09:02-- http://www.blastwave.org/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog
=> `catalog'
Resolving www.blastwave.org... done.
Connecting to www.blastwave.org[66.225.151.251]:80... connected.

15:09:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.

ERROR: could not get catalog file

Richard B. Gilbert

Nov 24, 2008, 6:28:47 PM11/24/08

I've never used Blastwave myself but I've read that some of the mirrors
are running.

Oscar del Rio

Nov 24, 2008, 6:35:59 PM11/24/08

The links I wrote are for you to go check their websites and learn the
difference between blastwave and opencsw. They should have instructions on
which mirrors to use, respectively.

baselnovo

Nov 24, 2008, 6:56:34 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 3:35 pm, Oscar del Rio <del...@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> baselnovo wrote:
> >> Browsing tohttp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/thereis no "csw".

> >> it seems now you have to choose between "blastwave" and "opencsw"...
>
> >>http://www.blastwave.org
> >>http://www.opencsw.org
>
> > I'm not having luck with either of these, but I may be doing something
> > stupid.  We run pkg-get on a sun sparc with solaris 5.8:
>
> > # pkg-get -U
> > Getting catalog...
> > --15:09:02--  http://www.blastwave.org/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog
> >            => `catalog'
> > Resolvingwww.blastwave.org... done.
> > Connecting towww.blastwave.org[66.225.151.251]:80... connected.

> > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> > 15:09:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> The links I wrote are for you to go check their websites and learn the
> difference between blastwave and opencsw.  They should have instructions on
> which mirrors to use, respectively.

Then I must be doing something wrong. I tried several mirrors
recommended at the opencsw site and each time pkg-get connects, but
each time it ends with a 404 error. sigh..

baselnovo

Nov 24, 2008, 7:09:23 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 3:56 pm, baselnovo <baseln...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 3:35 pm, Oscar del Rio <del...@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>

> > baselnovo wrote:

> > > I'm not having luck with either of these, but I may be doing something
> > > stupid.  We run pkg-get on a sun sparc with solaris 5.8:
>
> > > # pkg-get -U
> > > Getting catalog...
> > > --15:09:02--  http://www.blastwave.org/unstable/sparc/5.8/catalog
> > >            => `catalog'
> > > Resolvingwww.blastwave.org... done.
> > > Connecting towww.blastwave.org[66.225.151.251]:80... connected.
> > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> > > 15:09:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> > The links I wrote are for you to go check their websites and learn the
> > difference between blastwave and opencsw.  They should have instructions on
> > which mirrors to use, respectively.
>
> Then I must be doing something wrong.  I tried several mirrors
> recommended at the opencsw site and each time pkg-get connects, but
> each time it ends with a 404 error.  sigh..

Okay, it finally worked with http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/csw/unstable -
thanks for the suggestions!

phil.go...@bolthole.com

Nov 24, 2008, 8:42:22 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 3:56 pm, baselnovo <baseln...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I must be doing something wrong. I tried several mirrors
> recommended at the opencsw site and each time pkg-get connects, but
> each time it ends with a 404 error. sigh..

Would you perhaps post one specific url that "ends with a 404 error"
when you put it in pkg-get.conf?

Do remember that the urls provided are base urls. you need to tack on
either "stable" or "current" to the end of it?

Sebastian Fontaine

Nov 25, 2008, 6:47:12 AM11/25/08

the URL has changed!

I had before:
http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable

now it work fine with:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/solaris/blastwave/unstable/

regards
Sebastian

Dick Hoogendijk

Nov 26, 2008, 6:36:48 AM11/26/08
quoting Sebastian Fontaine (Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:47:12 +0100):
> the URL has changed!
>
> I had before:
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/csw/unstable
>
> now it work fine with:
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/solaris/blastwave/unstable/

Might be, but first you had 'csw' and that is not blastwave.
If you want the same you have to use
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/opencsw/unstable

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u6 10/08 ZFS+

David Combs

Dec 13, 2008, 10:50:49 PM12/13/08
In article <20081124173626.7...@uiuc.edu>,

I think Blastwave has been restored/repaired/etc several weeks ago --
give it a try.

David

David Combs

Dec 13, 2008, 10:52:02 PM12/13/08
In article <743d6$492d34d0$524a0a9e$10...@cache2.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>,

Give blastwave another try -- it's been fixed/repaired/etc for several
weeks now.

David