pkgadd errors -- help

Vic Herrera

Jan 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/31/99
its been a long weekend of not installing software, i was able to add
gzip no problem, then i went for the bash shell

permissions are correct on the pkg file,when it failed in the lil
directory"junk" icreated i have tried running pkgadd with copies of the
pkgs in the default
/var/spool/pkg , no go ,

at first when trying to add a package i only got a datastream error
after 30-40 seconds and install would fail now i am getting no space
left on device.

wondering if i ad a corrupt file i tried adding samba , tcsh , apache
and i keep getting the same error, i just installed 2.6 on a sparc2 , i
am using a
linux box on my network using netscape for downloads. then xfer to sparc
via plain unix binary ftp. looks like my drive is full but i havent
installed anything on it
besides gzip yet and there is about 1.1 meg left on the drive. i have
re-downloaded files and i just cant figure this out, below are examples
of the failures

this is the samba attempt

#/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /junk/samba-2.0.0-sol26-sparc-local

The following packages are available:
1 BSsamba samba
(sparc) 2.0.0

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]:

Processing package instance <BSsamba> from
</junk/samba-2.0.0-sol26-sparc-local>

samba
(sparc) 2.0.0
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/samba/bin/rpcclient", errno 28, No space left
on devic
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/samba/bin/smbclient", errno 28, No space left
on devic
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/samba/bin/smbd", errno 28, No space left on
device
cpio: Unexpected end-of-archive encountered.
4 errors
pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
- process </usr/bin/cpio -icdumD -C 512> failed, exit code 4
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to unpack datastream

Installation of <BSsamba> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.
#

this is the bash attempt

#/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /bash*

cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.html", errno 28, No space
left on dev
ice
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.info", errno 28, No space
left on dev
ice
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.log", errno 28, No space left
on devi
ce
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.ps", errno 28, No space left
on devic
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.texi", errno 28, No space
left on dev
ice
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref.toc", errno 28, No space left
on devi
ce
cpio: Cannot write "reloc/doc/bash/bashref_toc.html", errno 28, No space
left on
device
cpio: Cannot write "

pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
- process </usr/bin/cpio -icdumD -C 512> failed, exit code 32
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to unpack datastream

Installation of <FSFbash> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.
#

Mike

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Vic Herrera wrote:

> its been a long weekend of not installing software, i was able to add
> gzip no problem, then i went for the bash shell
>
> permissions are correct on the pkg file,when it failed in the lil
> directory"junk" icreated i have tried running pkgadd with copies of the
> pkgs in the default
> /var/spool/pkg , no go ,
>
> at first when trying to add a package i only got a datastream error
> after 30-40 seconds and install would fail now i am getting no space
> left on device.
>
> wondering if i ad a corrupt file i tried adding samba , tcsh , apache
> and i keep getting the same error, i just installed 2.6 on a sparc2 , i
> am using a
> linux box on my network using netscape for downloads. then xfer to sparc
> via plain unix binary ftp. looks like my drive is full but i havent
> installed anything on it
> besides gzip yet and there is about 1.1 meg left on the drive. i have
> re-downloaded files and i just cant figure this out, below are examples
> of the failures

<snip>

Do a df -kl and see how much space you have free. You will need some
space on your / directory for pkgadd to install the software. There are
several work-arounds if you are out of free space. I found the FAQ to be
helpful on sunfreeware.com