cannot malloc in XtAppInit..

Robert Monical

Oct 27, 1994, 10:24:55 AM10/27/94
More Solaris growing pains...

Porting working HPUX app to Solaris.

Environment is 2.3 w/SDK Motif bindings. This App is Ada and C
using SunAda. Recommended patches for Solaris are installed.
We just installed Motif and may not have the recommended configuration.

Am experiencing an: unable to malloc error in XtAppInitialize:

SETUP XWIN
Calling MrmInitialize ...
Calling XtInitialize ...
Error: Cannot perform malloc

All X interaction is in the C routines, but we have an Ada
runtime environment. Have tried all flavors of XtInitialize.

Another all C X/Motif App initializes fine. So SunAda may be the
culprit. Am interested of hearing of any related experiences

Thanks...

-- rob: i e-mail, therefore i am
-- mon...@walnut.csp.mmc.com
-- v: 719-528-3777 f: 719-528-3848