HELP: RPC: program not registered

j...@dmu.ac.uk

Jul 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/2/97

Whenever I run showmount i get the following error message:

RPC: Program not registered

also when shutting down i get the message:

vold [pid] server not responding: RPC: program not registered
problem unmounting /vol; Interrupted system call

Can anyone help me????

Thanks

Jason (j...@dmu.ac.uk)

Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engineer

Jul 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/2/97

j...@dmu.ac.uk writes:

>Whenever I run showmount i get the following error message:

>RPC: Program not registered

You're not running an NFS server.

>also when shutting down i get the message:

>vold [pid] server not responding: RPC: program not registered
>problem unmounting /vol; Interrupted system call

This message can safely be ignored, it's an interaction between
vold and umount.

(And that's because vold doesn't get stopped, make a link from
/etc/init.d/volmgt to /etc/rc0.d/KXXvolmgt where XX is a number smaller
than used for KYYnfs.client)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.