Re: DeMime M$hit ?

Kenny McCormack

Jan 29, 2015, 5:53:31 AM1/29/15
In article <maas5u$ipe$1...@dont-email.me>,
Joe Beanfish <joebe...@nospam.duh> wrote:
>That's an awk function per your earlier mention of awk. Except it
>will only print broken lines. This awk will print all while fixing
>the broken lines.
>
> ORS = sub(/=$/,"") ? " " : "\n"

Yup, that's another way to do it in AWK. Good post.

Just to clarify, since this is a shell group, the shell usage of the above
AWK program would be:

gawk 'ORS = sub(/=$/,"") ? " " : "\n"' infile > outfile

Note: I always specify 'gawk' instead of just plain 'awk', because you
never know what you'll get with just plain 'awk'. And lots of vendor AWKs
are, to put it charitably, crippled.

--

Some of the more common characteristics of Asperger syndrome include:

* Inability to think in abstract ways (eg: puns, jokes, sarcasm, etc)
* Difficulties in empathising with others
* Problems with understanding another person's point of view
* Hampered conversational ability
* Problems with controlling feelings such as anger, depression
and anxiety
* Adherence to routines and schedules, and stress if expected routine
is disrupted
* Inability to manage appropriate social conduct
* Delayed understanding of sexual codes of conduct
* A narrow field of interests. For example a person with Asperger
syndrome may focus on learning all there is to know about
baseball statistics, politics or television shows.
* Anger and aggression when things do not happen as they want
* Sensitivity to criticism
* Eccentricity
* Behaviour varies from mildly unusual to quite aggressive
and difficult