tcsh: tcsh.org ?

John McCue

Mar 5, 2018, 9:41:11 AM3/5/18
I am wondering if the tcsh page
www.tcsh.org

was replaced by
https://github.com/tcsh-org/tcsh ?

I ask because for a while I have been unable
to get into www.tcsh.org, just curious about
it's status.

Thanks
John

Jorgen Grahn

Mar 6, 2018, 2:02:42 AM3/6/18
If it was replaced, it was badly done: the Github page points back to
tcsh.org (which I can't access either).

File a bug report.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Kenny McCormack

Mar 22, 2018, 6:44:11 PM3/22/18
In article <slrnp9sf8b.e...@frailea.sa.invalid>,
Jorgen Grahn <grahn...@snipabacken.se> wrote:
>On Mon, 2018-03-05, John McCue wrote:
>> I am wondering if the tcsh page
>> www.tcsh.org
>>
>> was replaced by
>> https://github.com/tcsh-org/tcsh ?
>>
>> I ask because for a while I have been unable
>> to get into www.tcsh.org, just curious about
>> it's status.
>
>If it was replaced, it was badly done: the Github page points back to
>tcsh.org (which I can't access either).

To the OP: Just out of curiosity, why do you need this?
(Not saying you don't - just curious). I think (but am not certain, of
course) that whatever content you are looking for is available now in other
places.

FWIW, both www.tcsh.org and tcsh.org are recognized in DNS (both point to:
204.80.150.7), but that machine seems to be down. Presumably, this will
get fixed by someone at some future time.

It was probably somebody's job to reboot the machine at some point, but he
overslept...

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/InsaneParty

John McCue

Mar 23, 2018, 10:02:25 PM3/23/18
Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> In article <slrnp9sf8b.e...@frailea.sa.invalid>,
> Jorgen Grahn <grahn...@snipabacken.se> wrote:
>>On Mon, 2018-03-05, John McCue wrote:
<snip>

> To the OP: Just out of curiosity, why do you need this?

I use tcsh and I go there once in a while to
see what is happening

<snip>

> It was probably somebody's job to reboot the machine at some point, but he
> overslept...

probably

John

Kenny McCormack

Mar 24, 2018, 2:46:11 AM3/24/18
In article <p94bjd$1hn$1...@dont-email.me>,
John McCue <jmc...@SPAMisBADgmail.com> wrote:
>Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
>> In article <slrnp9sf8b.e...@frailea.sa.invalid>,
>> Jorgen Grahn <grahn...@snipabacken.se> wrote:
>>>On Mon, 2018-03-05, John McCue wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> To the OP: Just out of curiosity, why do you need this?
>
>I use tcsh and I go there once in a while to
>see what is happening

Yup. I use tcsh, too, but I didn't know that tcsh.org existed (until now).

>> It was probably somebody's job to reboot the machine at some point, but he
>> overslept...
>>
>probably
>
>John

Hopefully, he'll wake up soon.

--
There are two kinds of Republicans: Billionaires and suckers.
Republicans: Please check your bank account and decide which one is you.