Re: Accessing RESTful services from CURL

Message has been deleted

Kaz Kylheku

Jul 6, 2014, 1:56:01 PM7/6/14
On 2014-07-06, Jason Petersson <jason.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Are there any additional ways to access RESTful services than CURL from the unix shell?
> CURL works fine I was just curios if there are possible already ones with
> response code parsers for JSON,XML,SOAP,CSV?

I developed a very nice language that excels at scraping text.
I use it together with curl.

This entire page is generated by scraping data from another site
using curl, and parsing it.

http://www.nongnu.org/txr/rosetta-solutions.html

The TXR program not only scrapes through the HTML, but it follows the "edit"
links on the original Rosetta pages, and parses the syntax of the wiki markup.
Then it renders the markup in its own HTML styling. Also, the Vim editor
is used dynamically, via an Expect script, to colorize code based on the
<lang> tags in the original Wiki markup.
Message has been deleted