What does a plus sign after permissions mean?

parmenides

Feb 11, 2015, 6:49:04 AM2/11/15
I have learned the 'ls -l' command will print out 9 characters for a
file's permissions. Now, in cygin, I got the following infomation like this:
-rw-rwx---+ 1 root root 115 Feb 11 18:26 Hello.java

There is an additional plus sign after the file's permissions. What does
it mean? Thanks.

Casper H.S. Dik

Feb 11, 2015, 7:15:44 AM2/11/15
That there are ACLs on that file so the permissions aren't definitive.

Casper

parmenides

Feb 14, 2015, 8:54:50 AM2/14/15
Thanks for your reply. Furthermore, is there any way to disable the ACL?

> Casper

Hactar

Feb 14, 2015, 11:08:09 AM2/14/15
In article <mbnk32$7ki$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
Maybe set the permissions using chmod? This is not me being snarky.

--
-eben QebWe...@vTerYizUonI.nOetP ebmanda.redirectme.net:81
LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone

Bill Marcum

Feb 14, 2015, 11:41:06 AM2/14/15
man chacl
man setfacl

chacl is an IRIX compatible command. setfacl conforms to a withdrawn
draft POSIX standard. chacl -B or setfacl -b removes extended ACLs
from a file or directory.

Casper H.S. Dik

Feb 14, 2015, 2:43:41 PM2/14/15
In Solaris for ZFS and other file systems such as NFSv4 who support "newer"
ACLs, this is all done using "chmod".

Casper