stty: tcgetattr failed

Albert van Alphen

Jan 24, 2002, 9:17:21 AM1/24/02

On a SCO 5.0.5 with RS505A, OSS497Z, OSS600a installed, we are getting the
following message after putting a print job in the queue for a particular
printer.

quote:

Subject: Status op lp request io_hv_las-444255

Your request io_hv_las-444255 destined for io_hv_las
encoutered an error while printing on printer io_hv_las.

Reason for failure:

stty: tcgetattr failed: Inappropriate I/O control operation (error 25)

unquote

We receive these messages after we have connected the printer via a HP
JetDirect 170X printer server.

Does anybody knows how to solve this?

Thanks,

--
Albert van Alphen
C. Steinweg-Handelsveem B.V., Rotterdam

Tom Parsons

Jan 24, 2002, 10:03:14 AM1/24/02
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
Albert van Alphen enscribed:

| Hi,
|
| On a SCO 5.0.5 with RS505A, OSS497Z, OSS600a installed, we are getting the
| following message after putting a print job in the queue for a particular
| printer.
|
| quote:
|
| Subject: Status op lp request io_hv_las-444255
|
| Your request io_hv_las-444255 destined for io_hv_las
| encoutered an error while printing on printer io_hv_las.
|
| Reason for failure:
|
| stty: tcgetattr failed: Inappropriate I/O control operation (error 25)
|
| unquote
|
| We receive these messages after we have connected the printer via a HP
| JetDirect 170X printer server.
|
| Does anybody knows how to solve this?

Remove the stty settings from the interface file
Look in /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/model.org/{name_of_printer}
Tom Parsons t...@tegan.com

Tom Melvin

Jan 24, 2002, 10:15:58 AM1/24/02
to sco...@xenitec.on.ca
Albert van Alphen commented on:

> Hi,
>
> On a SCO 5.0.5 with RS505A, OSS497Z, OSS600a installed, we are getting the
> following message after putting a print job in the queue for a particular
> printer.
>
> quote:
>
> Subject: Status op lp request io_hv_las-444255
>
> Your request io_hv_las-444255 destined for io_hv_las
> encoutered an error while printing on printer io_hv_las.
>
> Reason for failure:
>
> stty: tcgetattr failed: Inappropriate I/O control operation (error 25)
>
> unquote
>
> We receive these messages after we have connected the printer via a HP
> JetDirect 170X printer server.
>
> Does anybody knows how to solve this?

In the printer interface script
(/usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/io_hv_las)
comment out any stty commands.

Tom Melvin t...@tkrh.demon.co.uk http://www.tkrh.demon.co.uk
Veterinary Solutions Ltd Sysop Compuserve Unixforum

Albert van Alphen

Jan 25, 2002, 6:40:48 AM1/25/02
Thanks to those who replied.
Messages are gone, problem solved.