lsdev errors - can't find info in predefined configuration database

Joel Turoff

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Greetings!

We are running AIX 4.2.1.0 on an IBM RS-6000, model F-50.

I recently started getting the following error whenever I do an lsdev
-C. It is the first message that comes up.:

# lsdev -C
lsdev: 0514-521 Cannot find information in the predefined device
configuration database for the customized device .

I didn't exactly notice when this error started popping up and there
are two changes that were recently made about the time we started
seeing this error message.

First, I created a new logical volume, although this comes up in the
lsdev -C.

The only other change that I can think of was that we added a remote
printer by directly editing the /etc/qconfig file and killing and
restarting the qdaemon. The entry looks like:

lex1:
device = @167
up = TRUE
host = 167.28.57.87
s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdshort
l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdlong
rq = prt1
@167:
backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak

I'd appreciate any insight into troubleshooting and resolving this
problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Joel Turoff
tur...@disaster.com

gse...@hart.gov.uk

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

It sounds like you're missing an entry in either your PdDv or CuDv ODM files.
Try using odmget to see if you can find the details.
e.g.
odmget -q "name=@167" CuDv

G.

In article <34f41bc9....@news.tradewind.net>,

--
Nil arroganter sum, iuste meus loco aetae scirum !