Error Code 0C54, 0C31

Martin HAMANT

Dec 8, 2000, 10:36:29 AM12/8/00
hello ,

my RS/6000 with AIX don't want to boot on the installation CD-ROM.
then he boot on the harddisk and locked at the error code 0C54 or 0C31
anyone can help me ? how to boot on the CD ?

--
Martin HAMANT
m...@accelance.fr

sp2_admi...@my-deja.com

Dec 8, 2000, 11:05:32 AM12/8/00
it wont automatically boot to the cd, unless you previously specified
that it should with the bootlist command.. press f5 or #5 depending if
it is a graphics terminal or ascii terminal..

the led you mentioned means it cant find the console while booting... if
this happens while booting to hard disk, you probably recently changed
the video card, and are missing drivers for it.. use an ascii terminal,
or put video card drivers on floppy into floppy drive during boot
process.

In article <3A31001A...@accelance.fr>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.