failed AIX 5.3 Migration with LED code 0c48

darth_waider

Sep 5, 2006, 10:44:40 AM9/5/06
Hallo,

i have a problem with a Aix migraton on a partition of a p630 of
server. After I started boot over nim server appear after short time
up as LED code 0c48 for this LPAR on the HMC. Unfortunately I do not
get output via the terminal window for this LPAR around to see which
input I to accomplish am. Does someone know this problem? Thank
you already times for all answers

Bobohoolie

Sep 6, 2006, 5:16:47 AM9/6/06

Did you try to boot in your original mode already (5.2 i.e). You might
want to check your NIM related network settings on yor client (again).

during a boot, c48 means:

Display Value c48

Explanation Prompting you for input.

System Action BosMenus is being run.

User Action If this LED persists, you must provide responses at
the
console.

But you have no console open (on HMC) ??

Bobohoolie

Sep 6, 2006, 5:19:13 AM9/6/06
Sorry posted too soon....

If you HAVE a console open just hit the 1 or F1 to select english for
install. I saw sometimes that a NIM install has a " blank screen" and
it helped to do just that ! (the 1/F1 sequence)

Good Luck

Marcel

Mark Taylor

Sep 6, 2006, 5:23:05 AM9/6/06
Have you set "CONSOLE = /dev/vty0" in your bosinst.data ? did the
console work before the migration ?

Rgds
Mark Taylor

Ian Northeast

Sep 8, 2006, 2:38:10 PM9/8/06

We had this when installing 5.3 using a bosinst.data which worked with
5.2. We had "CONSOLE = /dev/tty0". We changed it to "CONSOLE = Default" and
all was well.

Regards, Ian

denis.r...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2018, 1:15:06 PM6/14/18