arcsec

AS

Sep 16, 2016, 3:02:08 PM9/16/16
I want to write 45'' using latex, how can I do it?

Karl Ratzsch

Sep 17, 2016, 9:24:46 AM9/17/16
Am 16.09.2016 um 21:02 schrieb AS:
> Hi,
> I want to write 45'' using latex, how can I do it?

\usepackage{siunitx}

Angle is \SI{45}{\arcsecond}

AS

Sep 17, 2016, 4:17:03 PM9/17/16
Thanks for you

Mauro Orlandini

Sep 19, 2016, 2:25:13 AM9/19/16
Il Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:02:04 -0700, AS ha scritto:

> Hi,
> I want to write 45'' using latex, how can I do it?

Just $45"$ (in math mode the double quote is translated in the arcs
symbol, in the same way the single quote is translated in the arcmin
symbol).

Ciao, Mauro

Dan Luecking

Sep 21, 2016, 3:33:54 PM9/21/16
Perhaps you have a package that makes that work, but it doesn't
work in a simple LaTeX document, it just produces a double quote.
However $45''$ will work without any added package.

Dan
To reply by email, change LookInSig to luecking

jfh

Sep 21, 2016, 5:58:59 PM9/21/16
Some astronomers wanting decimals of seconds say $8''.79$ instead of $8.79''$.
Why?

jfh

Sep 21, 2016, 6:06:08 PM9/21/16
I have just realised that my *&(^%$# system makes two single quotes with
nothing between, which is what Dan and I were using, appear on the screen as one double quote, which LaTeX turns into a tiny superscript 99

Karl Ratzsch

Sep 22, 2016, 12:59:18 AM9/22/16
If you measurement is very good, you might have a lot of decimals before
the '' finally appears.

Compare

8°34'12''.12343

8°34'12.12343''

i think the former looks a bit better, esp. if the decimal point is
moved _under_ the arcsec symbol. But i guess it's a matter of taste. ;-)

It'd be nice if siunitx had a switch for that ... and of course it has:

\ang[angle-symbol-over-decimal]{45;12;23.22}

Used as a package option, it doesn't change the output of
\SI{12.3}{\arcsecond}, however.

Karl

Games Of Throne

May 22, 2023, 7:09:57 AM5/22/23
On Saturday, 17 September 2016 at 00:32:08 UTC+5:30, AS wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to write 45'' using latex, how can I do it?
>check this site https://arcselac.com/

Andreas Horn

May 22, 2023, 7:59:43 AM5/22/23
\usepackage{siunit}

\begin{document}

\arc{90}

=> 90°

Holger Schieferdecker

May 23, 2023, 3:33:13 AM5/23/23
Am 22.05.2023 um 13:09 schrieb Games Of Throne:
> On Saturday, 17 September 2016 at 00:32:08 UTC+5:30, AS wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to write 45'' using latex, how can I do it?

The package siunitx provides the macro \ang for that purpose. See the
manual for more details about angles.

Holger

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{siunitx}