sphinx-doc and pdf generation through latex

alb

Jun 21, 2017, 4:48:45 PM6/21/17
Hi there,

I was trying to use sphinx-doc to generate a pdf through latex. Unfortunately
there are several limitation since there's not an easy way to setup the latex
document and therefore it's difficult to control the pdf output.

We have a small but useful corporate latex class that we use to translate
markdown documents via pandoc into latex and then build the pdf with it. I'd
like to reuse the same class, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

I was wondering if some of you here have addressed this issue before and may
suggest on some strategy.

Any pointer/suggestion/comment is appreciated.

Al

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

jfin...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2017, 8:58:41 AM6/24/17
Good luck with this. I think Sphinx is great. I've used sphinx, but only with vanilla settings. You might get a better response on the Sphinx mailing list.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sphinx-users/latex

Please do let us know how you get on. And are there any other Sphinx users here?

--
Jonathan

Jellby

Jun 24, 2017, 12:08:09 PM6/24/17
I am using sphinx to convert some documentation originally in LaTeX plus
latex2html. I'm focusing on getting the HTML right, and hopefully get a
decent PDF with LaTeX at some point, but it looks like this might be
wishful thinking and I'll have to stick to HTML only.

--
Ignacio __ Fernández Galván
/ /\