Beamer / PassOption

GL

Mar 31, 2015, 7:59:55 AM3/31/15
Hello,

I would like to use the Szeged theme, which is based on

\useoutertheme [options]{miniframes}

But i also want miniframes with the [subsection=false] option.

It is possible without copy-pasting the beamerthemeSzeged.sty
contents into my preamble ?

The following doesn't work, with no error :

\usetheme[subsection=false,compress]{Szeged}

I'm looking to something like :

\PassOptionToTheme {subsection=false}{miniframes}

Any idea ?

Joseph Wright

Mar 31, 2015, 8:56:31 AM3/31/15
I'm afraid you have to go with loading the underlying theme: the 'city'
ones are quite thin wrappers.
--
Joseph Wright

Axel Berger

Mar 31, 2015, 10:15:18 AM3/31/15
GL wrote on Tue, 15-03-31 12:59:
>It is possible without copy-pasting the beamerthemeSzeged.sty contents
>into my preamble ?

Not into the preamble, but for me the easiest way was cooking a
personal theme through modifying one of the provided ones. I have made
it an all-in-one by pasting the contents of inner and outer etc. --
except the colour -- into it instead of calling them separately.

You might also look at Darmstadt for help, which is a bit similar to
Szeged and iirc does what you want natively.

GL

Mar 31, 2015, 10:44:35 AM3/31/15
Le 31/03/2015 14:56, Joseph Wright a écrit :
> On 31/03/2015 12:59, GL wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The following doesn't work, with no error :
>>
>> \usetheme[subsection=false,compress]{Szeged}
>>
>> I'm looking to something like :
>>
>> \PassOptionToTheme {subsection=false}{miniframes}
>>
>> Any idea ?
>
> I'm afraid you have to go with loading the underlying theme: the 'city'
> ones are quite thin wrappers.

In fact, {miniframes} provides: [subsection = <true|false>]
(and i finally wrote: \csname beamer@theme@subsectionfalse\endcsname
in my {beamer} preamble) and [footline = <true|false>]

I think (even if it is not admitedly a interesting job) that Szeged
should provide the same options, since it inherits from miniframes...

In my presentation, each frame is preceded by \subsection and the
subsection title is the same as the frame title (each frame is thus
in the t.o.c.). But i found a bit crazy to repeat the subsection title
in the banner and in the frame title : hence
\csname beamer@theme@subsectionfalse\endcsname
is appropriate !

Thanks.

Axel Berger

Apr 1, 2015, 4:15:04 AM4/1/15
GL wrote on Tue, 15-03-31 15:44:
>In my presentation, each frame is preceded by \subsection and the
>subsection title is the same as the frame title (each frame is thus in
>the t.o.c.).

I did that and found it a hassle when changing or correcting frame
titles. I've now got a better though complicated (complication
hidden in a package) solution. Mail me for the files if interested.

GL

Apr 1, 2015, 7:23:10 AM4/1/15
Le 31/03/2015 19:49, Axel Berger a écrit :
> GL wrote on Tue, 15-03-31 15:44:
>> In my presentation, each frame is preceded by \subsection and the
>> subsection title is the same as the frame title (each frame is thus in
>> the t.o.c.).
>
> I did that and found it a hassle when changing or correcting frame
> titles.

Why ? In fact i define (very often in my documents) \Section,
\Subsection (with a capital S)

\Subsection {...} defines a c.s. containing the title and then
call \subsection. The same title (saved in a c.s.) is used as the
frame title. So no, it is not at all a hassle...

Regards.