TeX FAQ

Axel Berger

Aug 30, 2015, 3:15:08 PM8/30/15
I've just found that the TeX FAQ at

http://www.tex.ac.uk/FAQ-.html

is no longer available. As that has always been one of my most
important resources whenever a problem cropped up, is there a mirror
and an alternative address?

I sincerely hope it's not lost.

--
Danke
Axel

Joseph Wright

Aug 30, 2015, 3:44:21 PM8/30/15
We've moved the material to a new back-end. Most of the links are
aliased but 'odd' ones like the above may fail. Try for example

- http://www.tex.ac.uk/
- http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq/

Joseph

Joseph Wright

Aug 30, 2015, 4:00:35 PM8/30/15
BTW, there will be a TUGBoat article on the 'back end' changes and
related matters, following on from my talk on this at TUG2015:

http://river-valley.zeeba.tv/state-of-the-uk-tex-faq/

Joseph

Axel Berger

Aug 30, 2015, 9:15:08 PM8/30/15
Joseph Wright wrote on Sun, 15-08-30 21:44:
>Most of the links are aliased but 'odd' ones like the above may fail.

Afterwards I noted that the above is not my link. My bookmark points to

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html

so it seems, one of your redirects is faulty. I also found

http://www.tex.ac.uk/

but it lacks the most important feature of the old FAQ: the search
function.

--
Danke
Axel

Joseph Wright

Aug 31, 2015, 6:10:40 AM8/31/15
Lack of search at present is known: I'm hoping that will be addressed
soon. (The development on that side is not me so I can't promise a
particular date.)

Joseph