comicsans in block text

faqman

Apr 5, 2018, 3:57:53 PM4/5/18
How can I create a block of text using the comicsans font?
\ usepackage {???}
\ text ?? {my text}

Peter Flynn

Apr 5, 2018, 4:13:09 PM4/5/18
If you have Comic Sans (TrueType) already installed on your system you
can use it immediately with XeLaTeX:

=================================
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\newfontface{\CS}{Comic Sans MS}
\begin{document}
Some stuff in your default font

{\CS This text is in Comic Sans}

This is back to normal.
\end{document}
=================================

You must use xelatex to process this, not pdflatex. You may need to run
some kind of font cache indexer to make TrueType and OpenType fonts
visible to LaTeX.

If you don't have Comic Sans installed, go and get it from SourceForge
or from someone else's Windows system (Microsoft allows it to be copied).

If you have to use pdflatex, download and install the comicsans package
from https://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/comicsans and follow the
instructions.

///Peter

faqman

Apr 18, 2018, 8:25:48 AM4/18/18
Het is zò dat Peter Flynn formuleerde :
In my book I only want the last page a different font.
Is there a font that looks like comics and what can be done with
\ usepackage {name font}
And in the last page
\begin ???
Text
\ end ???

Bob Tennent

Apr 18, 2018, 8:57:28 AM4/18/18

faqman

Apr 18, 2018, 9:22:29 AM4/18/18
Bob Tennent was zeer hard aan het denken :
Dit is download een zip bestand. Ik weet niet wat er dan allemaal
gebeurt. Ben een beginner met latex. Zoek er een op lijkend lettertype
dat gewoon met usepackage bovenin kan zetten en alleen op het stukje
tekst wat een ander lettertype moet krijgen iets van \begin ??? mijn
verhaal en dan \end ??? of \text???{mijn verhaal}.

Bob Tennent

Apr 18, 2018, 9:24:10 AM4/18/18
Looking at the documentation, it seems that there aren't
expicilt instructions for *locally* switching to comic sans
nor a defined command for this. But it's easy:

\fomtfamily{comic}\selectfont

Bob T.

Bob Tennent

Apr 18, 2018, 9:25:39 AM4/18/18
On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 15:22:15 +0200, faqman wrote:
> Bob Tennent was zeer hard aan het denken :
>> On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 21:57:42 +0200, faqman wrote:
>>> How can I create a block of text using the comicsans font?
>>> \ usepackage {???}
>>> \ text ?? {my text}
>>
>> https://ctan.org/pkg/comicsans
>>
> Dit is download een zip bestand. Ik weet niet wat er dan allemaal
> gebeurt. Ben een beginner met latex. Zoek er een op lijkend lettertype
> dat gewoon met usepackage bovenin kan zetten en alleen op het stukje
> tekst wat een ander lettertype moet krijgen iets van \begin ??? mijn
> verhaal en dan \end ??? of \text???{mijn verhaal}.

Sorry but I don't read that language.

faqman

Apr 18, 2018, 9:30:47 AM4/18/18
Bob Tennent gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
This is download a zip file. I do not know what's happening then
happens. Am a beginner with latex. Look for a similar font
that just with usepackage can put on top and only on the piece
text what another font should get something from \ start ??? my
story and then \ end ??? or \ text ??? {my story}.
Translate with Google.

Bob Tennent

Apr 18, 2018, 9:50:42 AM4/18/18
Please ask someone who can read the documentation and can
ask you questions about your system to help you.

Peter Flynn

Apr 18, 2018, 6:22:55 PM4/18/18
On 18/04/18 14:30, faqman wrote:
> Bob Tennent gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
>> On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 15:22:15 +0200, faqman wrote:
>>> Bob Tennent was zeer hard aan het denken :

>>> Dit is download een zip bestand. Ik weet niet wat er dan allemaal
>>> gebeurt. Ben een beginner met latex. Zoek er een op lijkend
>>> lettertype dat gewoon met usepackage bovenin kan zetten en alleen op
>>> het stukje tekst wat een ander lettertype moet krijgen iets van
>>> \begin ??? mijn verhaal en dan \end ??? of \text???{mijn verhaal}.
>>
>> Sorry but I don't read that language.
>
> This is download a zip file. I do not know what's happening then
> happens. Am a beginner with latex.

That's OK...a chance to learn :-)

> Look for a similar font that just with usepackage can put on top

\usepackage means you must have the package installed first. Some
systems (MiKTeX) will automatically install the pckage if you use it.

Have you tried adding \usepackage{comicsans} to your document?

If it doesn't work automatically, do this:

1. Download the TDS Archive zip file comicsans.tds.zip (see link on
page — not the plain comicsans.zip)

2. Create your personal TeX folder
(see http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/personal.html and
follow instructions for your operating system)

3. Unzip comicsans.tds.zip into your personal TeX folder

4. IFF you are using MiKTeX, update your filename database
(see
http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/personal.html#winpers-done)

5. Update your font map
(see http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/fontmaps.html)

> and only on the piece
> text what another font should get something from \ start ??? my
> story and then \ end ??? or \ text ??? {my story}.

Install the package first. Then
\usepackage{comicsans}

And then yes, as Bob suggested:

\begingroup
\fontfamily{comic}\selectfont
text text text text
\endgroup

///Peter

Dan Luecking

Apr 26, 2018, 2:22:11 PM4/26/18
On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:25:20 +0200, faqman <marcelv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Het is zň dat Peter Flynn formuleerde :
My texlive distribution has the package comicneue. It seems
to work with all of pdflates, lualatex and xelatex:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[nosfdefault]{comicneue}
\begin{document}
{\comicneue
% usual latex commands \bfseries or \itshape may be used
% to get bold or italic or both.
Text
}
\end{document}

Cheers,
Dan
To reply by email, change LookInSig to luecking