Where does the defs environment come from?

Wolfgang Jeltsch

Sep 20, 2016, 9:19:03 AM9/20/16
Hi!

The article “How to Package Your LaTeX Package”, whose source code is in
dtxtut.tex, uses a defs environment to typeset a synopsis for every
macro and environment introduced. However, I cannot find where this defs
environment is defined. I thought it should be in some central place, as
I saw these boxed synopses also elsewhere. Can anyone tell me where the
defs environment comes from?

All the best,
Wolfgang

Scott Pakin

Sep 20, 2016, 2:57:02 PM9/20/16
By "defs environment", do you mean "*decl* environment"? If so,
that's defined in the class file, ltxguide.cls.

-- Scott