looking for "celtic" font

Andreas =?ISO 8859-1?Q?K=2E_H=2E_von_R=FCden?=

Aug 31, 2009, 4:58:18 PM8/31/09
Hi all,

i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish pubs. AFAIK,
the font is called "american uncial" or "hammerscript" or "new hammer
uncial".

Is there a LaTeX-package that provides this fontfamily or s.t. similiar (not
the historical uncial, which is easy available)?

thank you for any information

Andreas

Boris Veytsman

Aug 31, 2009, 5:51:29 PM8/31/09
AvR> From: Andreas =?ISO 8859-1?Q?K=2E_H=2E_von_R=FCden?= <Andreas.v...@web.de>
AvR> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:58:18 +0200

AvR> i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish
AvR> pubs. AFAIK, the font is called "american uncial" or
AvR> "hammerscript" or "new hammer uncial".

AvR> Is there a LaTeX-package that provides this fontfamily or
AvR> s.t. similiar (not the historical uncial, which is easy
AvR> available)?

TeX support is here:
http://contrapunctus.net/league/haques/fs500tex/

You need to buy the font, of course. Try contacting
jo...@fontsite.com

--
Good luck

-Boris

Forecast, n.:
A prediction of the future, based on the past, for
which the forecaster demands payment in the present.

Dan Luecking

Sep 1, 2009, 12:27:34 PM9/1/09
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:58:18 +0200, Andreas K. H. von R�den
<Andreas.v...@web.de> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish pubs. AFAIK,
>the font is called "american uncial" or "hammerscript" or "new hammer
>uncial".
>
>Is there a LaTeX-package that provides this fontfamily or s.t. similiar (not
>the historical uncial, which is easy available)?

The TeX Catalogue gives four possibilities:

auncial-new
auncial
huncial
uncial

The TeX Catalogue is at http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/

I know nothing about any of these, but that's where I'd look first.

Dan
To reply by email, change LookInSig to luecking

redjo...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2016, 11:04:26 AM8/23/16
Google "Gaelic fonts", there are a number of free ones you can download.

Peter Flynn

Aug 28, 2016, 2:24:20 PM8/28/16
Certainly are. But why bother when Eireannach is already installed and
working in any full installation of TeX?

\usepackage{eiad}

///Peter