Help with item redefinitionin paralist

schand...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2016, 1:31:51 PM7/24/16
I have programmed the paralist package years ago. I tried to hand it over to a new maintainer when I stopped programming LaTeX more than 15 years ago, but the new maintainer has disappeared. Now I got a bug report which I can't solve. Maybe someone here can help.

When using the inparaitem environment (same problem with inparadesc) the enum counter is increased. The problem can be reproduced with the following code:

\begin{enumerate}
\item This is one
\begin{inparaitem}
\item Example
\item Example
\end{inparaitem}
\item This should be two but is actually four
\end{enumerate}

I am pretty sure that the problem is my redefinition of \@item but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Bernd

Sunilkumar KS