Error: invalidrestore in GhostScript

Fabrizio Accatino

Jul 3, 2002, 1:14:42 PM7/3/02

I receive a strange error from GhostScript.
If I try to get a Jpeg from a particular pdf (hellp.pdf) I get an
invalidrestore error.
Details:

Error: /invalidrestore in --restore--
Operand stack:
--nostringval-- --nostringval--
Execution stack:
%interp_exit
.runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2
%stopped_pus
h --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1
%stopped_push 1 3 %oparr
ay_pop --nostringval-- 2 1 1 --nostringval--
%for_pos_int_continue 1 8 %oparray_po
p --nostringval-- 1 8
%oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1008/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:71/200(L)--
--dict:71/200(L)-- --dict:9
7/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:220/230(ro)(G)-- --dict:19/24(L)-- --dict:4
/6(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
AFPL Ghostscript 7.04: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

I call GhostScript with these parameters:
gswin32c -dNOPAUSE -q -dBATCH -sDEVICE=jpeg -r150 -sOutputFile=out.jpg
hello.pdf

Only some PDF files don't work. The majority is OK.

Another info: the wrong pdfs generate a similar error on Acrobat 4.
I think it's a problem in the PDF files. But what kind of problem?

Can you help me?

thank you

Fabrizio Accatino - fht...@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/fhtino

Aandi Inston

Jul 3, 2002, 1:31:34 PM7/3/02
"Fabrizio Accatino" <fht...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Another info: the wrong pdfs generate a similar error on Acrobat 4.
>I think it's a problem in the PDF files. But what kind of problem?

What is the exact text of the error from Acrobat?
Aandi Inston qu...@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

Fabrizio Accatino

Jul 4, 2002, 5:50:53 AM7/4/02
> What is the exact text of the error from Acrobat?

I have Acrobat 4 italian. So the error messages are in italian.

I try to translate...

The first error is: "Error during page elaboration. Restoration not
valid."
And when I press OK I get the second: "Restoration not valid."

Aandi Inston

Jul 4, 2002, 5:56:52 AM7/4/02
"Fabrizio Accatino" <fht...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> What is the exact text of the error from Acrobat?
>
>I have Acrobat 4 italian. So the error messages are in italian.
>
>I try to translate...
>
>The first error is: "Error during page elaboration. Restoration not
>valid."
>And when I press OK I get the second: "Restoration not valid."

Ok, I agree they are the same problem. Really, it is an error in the
PDF, buried right inside and very difficult to fix.