TI-99/8 Console + Software ROM Approval

Bryan

Jul 3, 2002, 8:20:16 PM7/3/02
TI'ers:

I received an email dated 05.31.2002 from Texas Instruments
representative Herbert Foster, regarding my inquiry on the ability to
move further with the 99/8 Emulation Project [transcript follows]:

<<Sir,
TI is pleased to grant you permission to copy and distribute any TI
copyrighted program written specifically for the TI-99/8 home
computer, including the ROM for the console. This permission is
conditioned upon your agreement not to alter the copyright notice in
the program and to include the copyright notice with each copy you
make and distribute. This permission does not apply to any program
bearing the copyright notice of any party other than TI. You agree
to include a separate notice with each copy you distribute that such
distribution is made under license from Texas Instruments.

TI make no warranty with respect to the program and is under no
obligation to provide any support or assistance with respect to the
programs. TI is under no obligation to provide upgrades to the
programs.

TI accepts no liability with respect to your use, coping or
distribution of the programs

Regards,
Herbert W. Foster
Manager, E&PS Business Services>>

So, to all those who have doubted TI's acceptance of the 99/8
prototype, and any further development projects, here you have it.
Now, everyone, we need to get the 99/8 in the hands of the right
people to further this project. Imagine running all your 99/4A
software on a fully-emulated 99/8 system on the PC? :-)

Bryan Nicalek
bnic...@hotmail.com