Tandon Floppy Drives

Frank Gottschalk

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

Hi Mike, going from my memory of my trial and error settings of the
Tandon drives (I use bent staples to experiment with): from the outside
end, skip the first holes and the next ones in are for drive 0. (you
do want the external drives to be set for 0 & 1, NOT 3&4) The next set
of holes are for drive 1. At the other end, I think it's the 2nd & 3rd
set that selects head clamping with either Motor ON (not desireable)
or Drive Select. Keep experimenting, you'll get it.
.
Frank Gottschalk (TRS-80 RECYCLER).... Reply here, or E-Mail to:
7262...@compuserve.com, or phone (510)-651-2313 8A-11PM Pacific time

Frank Gottschalk

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

MIKE WEBB

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

FG> From: Frank Gottschalk <7262...@CompuServe.COM>
FG>
FG> Hi Mike, going from my memory of my trial and error settings of the
FG> Tandon drives (I use bent staples to experiment with): from the outside
FG> end, skip the first holes and the next ones in are for drive 0. (you
FG> do want the external drives to be set for 0 & 1, NOT 3&4) The next set
FG> of holes are for drive 1. At the other end, I think it's the 2nd & 3rd
FG> set that selects head clamping with either Motor ON (not desireable)
FG> or Drive Select. Keep experimenting, you'll get it.

Thanks, Frank. I appreciate the help.
---
ţ MegaMail 2.10 #0:Profanity-Feeble Mind Expressing Self Forcefully

Zorn Jr Robert L

Jun 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/9/96

The Tandon TM-100-2A drive was commonly used in IBM PC and XT models and
will work in the model 4.
The jumpers are:

1 HS 16
2 DS0 15
3 DS1 14
4 DS2 13
5 DS3 12
6 MUX 11
7 ? 10
8 HM 9

Also, I have a cassette storage only Model 4 that I want to upgrade to disk.
Does anybody have a spare set of plastic towers that support the drives?
Would I need a different CPU board?

-Bob zo...@bucknell.edu