Tandem Time sync.

Michael Heinze

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

<HTML>
Does anyone if their is some software available to syncronize a Tandem
systems time
<BR>with a atomic Clock.
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Mike Heinze</HTML>

Pete Masengale

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

>Does anyone if their is some software available to syncronize a Tandem
>systems time
>with a atomic Clock.

Kari Kujansuu, who I think works for Tandem Finland has a utility out
there at
http://finland.tandem.fi:5555/kku/english/gettime.html
that says it sets a Tandem's clock via the internet. No promises.
Hope it helps.

Dave Bossi

Aug 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/5/97

In article <5s59j4$s...@unix2.sba.com>, Pete Masengale

Most all hardware for reading the atomic clock broadcast is available
with a VERY simple async interface.

Actually, you could use a GPS (Global Positioning Satallite) receiver
and write an interface to the NOAA output stream (also pretty
trivial). This would probably be a whole lot cheaper.

Dave

>>There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and
>>UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

Robert Wiebe

Aug 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/7/97

Michael Heinze (hei...@jcave.com) wrote:
: <HTML>
: Does anyone if their is some software available to syncronize a Tandem
: systems time
: <BR>with a atomic Clock.

: <BR>Thanks,
: <BR>Mike Heinze</HTML>

Look in $SYSTEM.ZGUARD and you will find a file called SCLOCK which is the
source code for reading an external clock.

If you have more than one system you can use multiple clocks or take a
look at:

www.srg.ca/html_srg/text/NetSync.html

if you want to synchronize across expand.

Robert