Read About How ID Software Developed DOOM Under NEXTSTEP

Eric M Hermanson

Feb 10, 1994, 3:22:37 AM2/10/94
DOOM was prototyped and developed using the NEXTSTEP Development environment,
on NeXT and NEXTSTEP/Intel computers. If you are interested in learning
how Id accomplished this monumental task, or if you are interested in
learning more about NEXTSTEP's development tools, check out the first issue
of a new magazine called Game Developer. The number for the publisher of
this magazine (Miller Freeman) = 1-800-444-4881.

Since DOOM is developed under NEXTSTEP, us NEXTSTEP users get first dibs on
new releases. We had been playing DOOM well before the DOS version was out,
and we have had our hands on DOOM v1.2 for about a week now! Check it out!

PC users may consider consulting comp.sys.next.advocacy, comp.sys.next.misc,
comp.sys.next.software, and comp.sys.next.announce, for any future DOOM news,
or for further information on NEXTSTEP.

Eric

Eric M Hermanson

Feb 10, 1994, 3:33:18 AM2/10/94

DOOM was prototyped and developed using the NEXTSTEP Development environment,
on NeXT and NEXTSTEP/Intel computers. It was then ported (with relative
ease, I would guess) to DOS.

If you are interested in learning how Id accomplished this monumental task, or if you are interested in learning more about NEXTSTEP's development tools,
check out the first issue of a new magazine called Game Developer. The number
for the publisher of this magazine (Miller Freeman) = 1-800-444-4881.

Since DOOM is developed under NEXTSTEP, us NEXTSTEP users usually get first