Adobe Drops OSX 10.9 Support for PS CC(2017)

Savageduck

Nov 9, 2016, 12:46:45 AM11/9/16
Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
had this to say:

"Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
for this release of Photoshop CC."

So If you are still running Mavericks and PS CC(2015) and you have not
planned an OS update to Yosemite, El Cap, or Sierra, consider yourself
advised to retain the prior release of PS CC by selecting that option
from the "Download" dialog, "Advanced" options.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Lewis

Nov 9, 2016, 4:45:41 AM11/9/16
In message <2016110821463777633-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
> Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
> had this to say:

> "Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
> for this release of Photoshop CC."

All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.

--
Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the
usual number of suspects.

Wolffan

Nov 9, 2016, 6:05:45 AM11/9/16
On 2016 Nov 09, Lewis wrote
(in article <slrno25s24....@Snow.local>):

> In message<2016110821463777633-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> > Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
> > had this to say:
>
> > "Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
> > for this release of Photoshop CC."
>
> All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.

not all of those who _can_ run 10.11 _want_ to run 10.11. In particular, some
older machines which _can_ run 10.11 slow down. Of course, Adobe is unlikely
to care about users who use older, slower machines which haven’t had their
RAM maxed.

Savageduck

Nov 9, 2016, 10:06:08 AM11/9/16
On 2016-11-09 09:45:10 +0000, Lewis <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> said:

> In message <2016110821463777633-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
>> had this to say:
>
>> "Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
>> for this release of Photoshop CC."
>
> All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.

I am aware of that, and the drop of support is not a personal concern.
However, there are those among us, who for whatever silly personal
reason get locked into a particular OS.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

nospam

Nov 9, 2016, 10:40:50 AM11/9/16
In article
<0001HW.1DD33A8600...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Wolffan <AKWo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
> > > had this to say:
> >
> > > "Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
> > > for this release of Photoshop CC."
> >
> > All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.
>
> not all of those who _can_ run 10.11 _want_ to run 10.11.

that's their own choice, not adobe's.

if they want to run creative cloud, they can update. it's up to them.

> In particular, some
> older machines which _can_ run 10.11 slow down. Of course, Adobe is unlikely
> to care about users who use older, slower machines which havenšt had their
> RAM maxed.

it's not a matter of not caring. it's that there are too few users
running 10.9 and earlier for adobe to maintain support and forego new
features that require later systems.

it would be worse for the majority of users.

Andre G. Isaak

Nov 9, 2016, 10:47:58 AM11/9/16
In article <091120161040485650%nos...@nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> In article
> <0001HW.1DD33A8600...@news.eternal-september.org>,

> > > All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.
> >
> > not all of those who _can_ run 10.11 _want_ to run 10.11.
>
> that's their own choice, not adobe's.
>
> if they want to run creative cloud, they can update. it's up to them.

Or they can stick with CC 2015 -- it's still available. Adobe's not
forcing them to upgrade.

Andre

--
To email remove 'invalid' & replace 'gm' with well known Google mail service.

Lewis

Nov 9, 2016, 9:47:30 PM11/9/16
In message <0001HW.1DD33A8600...@news.eternal-september.org>
Wolffan <AKWo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016 Nov 09, Lewis wrote
> (in article <slrno25s24....@Snow.local>):

>> In message<2016110821463777633-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
>> > Adobe has just released Photoshop CC (2017) and Bridge CC (2017), and
>> > had this to say:
>>
>> > "Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system
>> > for this release of Photoshop CC."
>>
>> All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.

> not all of those who _can_ run 10.11 _want_ to run 10.11. In particular, some
> older machines which _can_ run 10.11 slow down.

No, that is not true. 10.11 is faster on teh same hardware. And yes,
still have a 2009 MBP running 10.11.

> Of course, Adobe is unlikely to care about users who use older, slower
> machines which haven’t had their RAM maxed.

Maxing RAM is the cheapest and most effective update. Any 7+ year old
machine still in use should *always* have maximum RAM.

--
Criticizing evolutionary theory because Darwin was limited is like
claiming computers don't work because Chuck Babbage didn't foresee Duke

Alan Browne

Nov 11, 2016, 9:15:03 AM11/11/16
On 2016-11-09 21:46, Lewis wrote:
> In message <0001HW.1DD33A8600...@news.eternal-september.org>
> Wolffan <AKWo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2016 Nov 09, Lewis wrote
>> (in article <slrno25s24....@Snow.local>):

>>> All machines that can run 10.9 can run 10.11.
>
>> not all of those who _can_ run 10.11 _want_ to run 10.11. In particular, some
>> older machines which _can_ run 10.11 slow down.
>
> No, that is not true. 10.11 is faster on teh same hardware. And yes,
> still have a 2009 MBP running 10.11.
>
>> Of course, Adobe is unlikely to care about users who use older, slower
>> machines which haven’t had their RAM maxed.
>
> Maxing RAM is the cheapest and most effective update. Any 7+ year old
> machine still in use should *always* have maximum RAM.

Pray you recall that when the new today MBP's reach that age.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.

Lewis

Nov 11, 2016, 10:37:28 PM11/11/16
In message <xM6dnTSk_rv9T7jF...@giganews.com>
Yes? If you buy one with 16GB of Ram, in 10 years it will still have the
maximum amount of RAM. What is your point?

--
The reaper does not listen to the harvest. --Reaper Man

Alan Browne

Nov 12, 2016, 9:46:28 AM11/12/16
Whoosh of the week award to Lewis.

Lewis

Nov 12, 2016, 8:53:18 PM11/12/16
In message <n_udnXwy6sugtrrF...@giganews.com>
You being an idiot who can't read for comprehension is not *me* being
wooshed.

--
So now you know the words to our song, pretty soon you'll all be singing
along, when you're sad, when you're lonely and it all turns out wrong...

Alan Browne

Nov 13, 2016, 9:46:35 AM11/13/16
With hotsauce.