comp.sys.mac.games FAQ

Christina Schulman

May 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/11/95
Archive-name: macintosh/games-faq
Last-modified: 1995/05/10

comp.sys.mac.games Frequently Asked Questions List
(last changed May 10, 1995)

Welcome to the comp.sys.mac.games hierarchy!

If you're new to this group, READ THIS. All of it. Please.

[ Changes to today's FAQ:
I've revised it somewhat to reflect the fact that csmg is
now lots of groups instead of just one. It seemed relevant. :-)

Followups have been redirected to csmg.misc. -- cms
]

This FAQ provides the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions on
these newsgroups; readers new to this group should read it before posting.

It is posted twice a month to comp.sys.mac.games.* and monthly on or near
the 10th of the month to comp.answers and news.answers. New users of Usenet
news should be sure to read all of the articles in news.announce.newusers
to familiarize themselves with the general etiquette of communicating on
the net.

The comp.sys.mac.games.* subgroups are:

comp.sys.mac.games.announce Announcements for Mac gamers. (Moderated)
comp.sys.mac.games.action Action games for the Macintosh.
comp.sys.mac.games.adventure Adventure games for the Macintosh.
comp.sys.mac.games.marketplace Macintosh games for sale and trade.
comp.sys.mac.games.misc Macintosh games not covered in other groups.
comp.sys.mac.games.flight-sim Flight simulator gameplay on the Mac.
comp.sys.mac.games.strategic Strategy/planning games on the Macintosh.

How to get this FAQ:
The latest version is available at the Usenet FAQ archive at rtfm.mit.edu as
<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.sys.mac.games/comp.sys.mac.games_FAQ.>
If you don't have ftp access, send mail to mail-...@rtfm.mit.edu with
the line "send usenet/news.answers/macintosh/games-faq" in the body of
the message. You can also send email to <schu...@pitt.edu>; please
include "Games FAQ" in the subject line.

WWW users can find it in hypertext at
<http://wcl-rs.bham.ac.uk/GamesDomain/macfaq/macfaq.html>
or in plaintext at the WWW Usenet FAQ archive at:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/macintosh/games-faq/faq.html

Corrections, suggestions, and large cash bribes are welcome; please send
them to Christina Schulman at <schu...@pitt.edu>.

------------------------------

Subject: Table of Contents

Table of Contents
0. A word about flaming.
1. Where can I find Mac games available for anonymous ftp?
2. What does .hqx mean? What about .cpt and .sit?
3. Where else can I get Mac games?
4. What's the Patchlist/GPHL? Could somebody please repost it?
5. What's ResEdit? How do I get it?
6. I'm completely stuck in this game I'm playing. Where can
I get a walkthru?
7. What's an easter egg?
8. How do I fix the bug in Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis?
9. The 7th Guest keeps crashing on my Mac! What do I do?
10. I just saw this really great game called "X-Wing" on the PC.
When is it coming out for the Mac?
11. I just saw this really great game called "DOOM" on the PC.
When is it coming out for the Mac?
12. Where can I find a list of forthcoming games for the Mac?
13. What's the cheat code in SimCity 2000?
14. I've done some programming on other machines, and I'd like
to write a game on my Mac. How do I start?
15. I've written this terrific game for the Mac. How do I get
it out to the major ftp sites?
16. What's "IMG"/"Inside Mac Games"?
17. Are there any freeware chess games for the Mac?
18. Are there any mahjong games for the Mac?
19. Where can I find Unlimited Adventures updates and modules?
20. I always loved playing [Pacman, Star Wars, Frogger, etc.]
at the arcade. Is there a Mac version?
21. What games will fail to run on my [AV Mac, PowerMac,
bizarrely configured Mac]? How do I fix them?
22. What joystick should I buy for my Mac?
23. Is there a FAQ for [FA-18, Sim City 2000, Civilization, Bolo,
Pathways into Darkness, Spaceward Ho!, Marathon, 7th Guest...]
Credits

------------------------------

Subject: 0. A word about flaming.

Every now and then some moron posts something along the lines of "Mac
games suck!!!!! Get a real machine!!!!!" And immediately 30 or 40
people take the bait and post long, vitriolic replies and exhort everyone
to mail-bomb the perpetrator.

Please, please, please don't waste your time and our bandwidth replying
to this kind of idiocy. More often than not it was posted as a practical
joke from the account of some hapless user who left themselves logged in
in a public computer cluster. The owner of the account then logs back
in a day or two later to find several megs of hate mail and uuencoded
core dumps in their mail spool.

If you feel that you absolutely have to share your witty, concise flame
on the complete superiority of the Mac above all other gaming platforms,
take it to comp.sys.mac.advocacy, where it will be appreciated.

------------------------------

Subject: 1. Where can I find Mac games available for anonymous ftp?

The 3 major sites for ftp'ing Mac software are sumex-aim.stanford.edu,
mac.archive.umich.edu, and wuarchive.wustl.edu, which is a mirror site
of the first two. (A mirror site is a site that contains an exact copy
of the contents of another site, in the hopes of diverting some traffic
away from the more popular site. Wuarchive is updated daily; other
mirror sites are usually 1 to 3 days behind the "mother" site.)

Other mirror sites of sumex and umich exist at grind.isca.uiowa.edu (North
America), archie.au (Australia) and nic.switch.ch (Switzerland). It's
more polite and generally faster to connect to a site that's on the same
continent you are.

Bruce Grubb periodically posts a comprehensive list of Mac ftp sites
to comp.sys.mac.games. It is available via ftp at sumex as
<ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/info/comm/mac-ftp-list-396.txt>
and at umich as
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/misc/documentation/macftplist3.96.txt>.
(The name will reflect the current version, which may be later than 3.96.)

------------------------------

Subject: 2. What does .hqx mean? What about .cpt and .sit?

Files ending in .hqx are binary files which have been converted to
BinHex format so that they can be transmitted as ASCII text files via
the Internet. There are various utilities that will BinHex and de-BinHex
files, among them Compact Pro and StuffIt (see below). Some Mac ftp
clients such as Fetch will automatically de-BinHex files when you download
them.

Files ending in .cpt have been compressed by Compact Pro; files ending
in .sit have been compressed by StuffIt. Compact Pro by Bill Goodman
and StuffIt Lite from Aladdin Systems are shareware; they can be ftp'd
from any of the major Mac ftp sites, and the registration fee for each
is $25.

StuffIt Expander is a nifty free utility from Aladdin Systems that will
uncompress StuffIt, Compact Pro, and Applelink archives. It will also
decode BinHex 4.0 files without requiring you to first strip the
headers. It's available at sumex as
<ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/stuffit-expander-351.hqx> and at umich as
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/util/compression/stuffitexpander3.51.sea.hqx>

------------------------------

Subject: 3. Where else can I get Mac games?

Well, you could buy them. Most software stores have a section for Mac
games, but you can usually get better prices, a better selection, and a
better return policy from mailorder sources. Each issue of MacWorld and
MacUser contains many, many ads for mailorder companies, between which
they occasionally sandwich articles. The phone numbers for the biggest
sources in the USA are:

MacConnection: 1-800-800-3333 1-603-446-5555
MacWarehouse: 1-800-255-6227 1-908-370-3801
MacZone: 1-800-248-0800 1-206-603-2400
Mac's Place: 1-800-249-0009 1-406-758-8000
(formerly Computer Outfitters,
which was formerly Mac's Place. Don't ask.)

If you call them and ask nicely, they'll be happy to send you a complete
catalog.

NOTE: Mailorder sources are NOT the most reliable source of information
about release dates for games. Games are often advertised in their
catalogs, usually with preliminary screenshots, months before they are
actually available. Also, the sales clerks generally have no idea when
the game will be released. If they tell you it'll be available in "two
weeks," that could mean two weeks, two months, or a year from next Tuesday.

Local Mac User Groups are another source for games; often shareware and
freeware games are distributed on disk at meetings or are available for
downloading on their bulletin boards. Contact your local MUG for details.

If you can't find a game anywhere else, you can always order it from
the company directly.

------------------------------

Subject: 4. What's the Patchlist/GPHL? Could somebody please repost it?

The Patchlist is a list of fixes that the legal owners of certain games
can apply to the programs to bypass the irritating copy protection
schemes. Anthony Chan used to maintain it; Geoffrey Peters now maintains
it and periodically posts the latest version to comp.sys.mac.games.

The GPHL is not currently available by email, although an auto-remailer
is in the works. It is, however, available at lots of sites on the WWW:

Geoff's home pages:
<http://www.apanix.apana.org.au/~geoff/files/gphl-current.txt>
Dave Stanworth's Games Domain:
<http://wcl-rs.bham.ac.uk/GamesDomain/info/gphl.html>
Mark Lilback's GWU Gaming Society:
<http://gwis.circ.gwu.edu:80/~gwugs/ghpl/>
Phillip Roos' "Mac Fun" pages (includes patch submission form!):
<http://www.nada.kth.se/~d92-pro/fun/patchindex.html>

------------------------------

Subject: 5. What's ResEdit? How do I get it?

ResEdit is a utility from Apple that lets you edit the resources of Mac
files. (Hence the name.) You will need it if you want to patch games
or extract beep sounds. You can severely damage your software this
way, so you really shouldn't use it unless you more or less know what
you're doing. (And even if you do, it's a good idea to use it on a
copy of the file.)

ResEdit can be ftp'd from
<ftp://ftp.support.apple.com/apple_sw_updates/US/Macintosh/Utilities/>.

------------------------------

Subject: 6. I'm completely stuck in this game I'm playing. Where can
I get a walkthru?

Solutions and hints for many popular games are available via anonymous
ftp at <ftp://risc.ua.edu/pub/games/solutions> and
<ftp://ftp.uu.net/pub/games/solutions>. There's also a large solution
site at <ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/doc/games/solutions>, but you will need
gunzip or MacGzip to uncompress these files. (Gunzip is available from
the GNU archives at prep.ai.mit.edu; MacGzip is available in
<ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/cmp>.)

If you can't find an answer there, post your question to the appropriate
subgroup--chances are *somebody* on comp.sys.mac.games has gotten farther
than you!

If someone posts a question for which you also want the answer, instead
of posting "Send me the answer too!" send email to the original poster
and ask him or her to relay the answer to you.

------------------------------

Subject: 7. What's an easter egg?

An easter egg--the kind you find in Mac games, anyway--is any sort of
hidden surprise (hence the name) that occurs when an unlikely set of
conditions are met. For example, when the system clock is set to
December 25, Maelstrom displays Christmas ornaments in the title screen.
Another example is the very large literal easter egg suspended over a
remote lake in F/A-18. A list of Macintosh and Newton easter eggs compiled
by Brian Kendig <bske...@netcom.com> can be found at sumex in
<ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/info/mac-newton-easter-egg-list-94.txt>.

Of course, if the programmer didn't put it in on purpose, it's not an
easter egg, it's a "feature."

------------------------------

Subject: 8. How do I fix the bug in Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis?

There is indeed a bug in Indy Atlantis. On the Team Path, when you land
the balloon on the "X" in the desert, the game hangs. A patch for this
bug is available via anonymous ftp at umich in
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/misc/update/indy.foa.patch.cpt.hqx>
and at sumex in
<ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/games/com/indy-foa-updt.hqx>.

It can also be obtained directly from LucasArts at:

LucasArts Entertainment
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

Phone (tech support only): (415) 721-3333
Fax: (415) 721-3482

------------------------------

Subject: 9. The 7th Guest keeps crashing on my Mac! What do I do?

The vast majority of 7th Guest crashes are caused by memory problems.
DON'T change the application's preferred memory size to anything other
than the suggested memory size (2300 k), or it will crash! If virtual
memory or the Modern Memory Manager are available on your system, turn
them off and restart your Mac before starting the game.

Because the 7th Guest writes saved games into the application file, a
crashed game often causes the user to lose his or her saved games.
To recover saved games from a crashed copy of 7th Guest, rename the
original 7th Guest folder, then install another copy from the CD-ROM.
Run your new copy through the opening sequence, then before playing
anything, save a game at the ouija board.

Now use ResEdit to recover the original 7th Guest application file within
your renamed 7th Guest folder. This will create two files, "T7GMac" and
"T7GMac(damaged)". Open and allow verification of the recovered T7GMac
file. Locate the resource labelled 'T7SG'. Copy the entire T7SG resource
by selecting its icon and using the standard Edit menu functions, then
close the recovered T7GMac application file.

Now use ResEdit to open the newly installed copy of the 7th Guest
application. Paste the copied T7SG resource into the application file
so that it completely replaces the existing T7SG resource; use the
same resource ID as the one you're replacing. Save the file, quit
ResEdit, and run the new copy of the 7th Guest; the ouija board should
point you to all your old saved games.

------------------------------

Subject: 10. I just saw this really great game called "X-Wing" on the PC.
When is it coming out for the Mac?

According to the 3 April 95 issue of Macweek:

"LucasArts of San Rafael, Calif., will bring Dark Forces to the Mac in
May, followed by Full Throttle, X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM and Tie Fighter
Collector's CD-ROM.
...all the artwork for the Mac versions of X-Wing and Tie Fighter will
be re-rendered in high resolution, at 640 by 480 pixels."

------------------------------

Subject: 11. I just saw this really great game called "DOOM" on the PC.
When is it coming out for the Mac?

You can finger he...@idsoftware.com for the current status of the Mac
version of DOOM. This is what it says as of 9 May 95:

"MAC: Lion Software is working on this right now. They are VERY close
to having it finished. At the moment they are trying to get the DOS/
MAC network code working. They are also working on optimizing the
code to make it run faster. They should have everything ready to go
in two weeks. DO NOT SEND ME MAIL ABOUT THIS. I *WILL* DELETE IT!"

Lion Entertainment, the company that is porting DOOM to the Mac, has
stated that they expect DOOM II for the Mac to ship in mid '95, and
that it will work on both '040-based Macs and PowerMacs.

Discussion of the Mac port of DOOM, and comparisons of DOOM to similar
Mac games such as Pathways into Darkness, Sensory Overload, Marathon,
and Wolfenstein 3-D are appropriate in comp.sys.mac.games.action, although
I think we're all getting rather sick of the subject.

Discussion of DOOM gameplay does not belong in comp.sys.mac.games.action
until there is a Mac version of the game.
Try rec.games.computer.doom.playing instead.

------------------------------

Subject: 12. Where can I find a list of forthcoming games for the Mac?

There is a list of forthcoming game releases available from Computer
Express's at <ftp://ftp.std.com/vendors/COMPUTER_EXPRESS/new.txt>.
This list has expected shipping dates for both IBM and Mac games.

Games almost invariably ship later than the expected shipping date;
to approximate the actual date of release, double the time between
now and the listed date, then add an extra month for good luck.

------------------------------

Subject: 13. What's the cheat code in SimCity 2000?

In version 1.0, type "porntipsguzzardo", which will give you $500,000,
allow all technologies and rewards, and prevent the military from
building a base. Once you've used this code, you will receive an
additional $500,000 each time you type "ardo".

In version 1.1, however, this was changed; you need to open the map
window and type "pirn", then click on the status window (next to the
weather), then type "topsguzzardo". After that, typing "ardo" will
still give you an additiohnal $500,000.

For much more information on SimCity 2000, see Kevin Endo's SC2000 FAQ,
available at <ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/th/thx>.

------------------------------

Subject: 14. I've done some programming on other machines, and I'd like
to write a game on my Mac. How do I start?

To quote the Public Domain Mac Programming FAQ Answer sheet, you'll need
"a Mac, a lot of time, and a few hundred $." Programming on the Mac
is not for the faint of heart. Get the Programming FAQ via ftp from
<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.sys.mac.programmer> and read it; any
questions it doesn't answer are probably best asked in
comp.sys.mac.programmer.help or rec.games.programmer.

Another excellent and comprehensive source of advice on the subject is
Will Iverson's document, I Want To Make a Mac Game, available at
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/game/gameutil/makeamacgamefaq.sit.hqx>.
I strongly recommend that interested beginners read this from cover to
cover, as it were.

And good luck!

------------------------------

Subject: 15. I've written this terrific game for the Mac. How do I get
it out to the major ftp sites?

Do NOT post binaries to the comp.sys.mac.games groups. The best way to
release your game to the csm.gamers is to make it available at an ftp
site and then post an announcement about it to comp.sys.mac.games with
the site name and path. You might want to offer to email it to people
who don't have ftp access. For the best way to send your game to sumex
and umich, see below:

[The rest of this answer was shamelessly stolen from L.H.Wood's
Screensaver FAQ, with permission.]

If you want to spread good Mac shareware or freeware to the world, giving
millions of people, including me, the chance to see it, simply email a
binhexed copy of the compacted or stuffited archive to:
<macg...@mac.archive.umich.edu>
which will distribute it to ftp archives across the world, including
the big ones - info-mac, umich, their many mirrors, and comp.binaries.mac.
Remember to add a text description of the contents before that long binhex
column!

Don't send self-extracting archives (SEAs) - Compact Pro, Stuffit Expander
and Stuffit Lite are readily available from these ftp archives, and we all
know how to use them. Dial-up access to ftp sites is on the increase and
SEAs run up others' phone bills unnecessarily.

------------------------------

Subject: 16. What's "IMG"/"Inside Mac Games"?

IMG is Inside Mac Games, an an almost-monthly CD-ROM magazine dedicated
to Macintosh Computer Games. A Free Preview Edition of each issue is
uploaded to sumex in <ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/info-mac/per/img>.
(It's also uploaded to AOL, Compu$erve, and GEnie.)

------------------------------

Subject: 17. Are there any freeware chess games for the Mac?

An unauthorized port of Gnuchess is available at umich
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/game/board>.
There's also "Chess Set!", a shareware chess stack for Hypercard,
available at <ftp://sumex-aim.stanford.edu/Game/Board>. Steve Bushell's
freeware "Chess++" is available at <ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/python>.

------------------------------

Subject: 18. Are there any shareware mahjong games for the Mac?

Sort of. Shanghai II and its shareware clone Gunshy are excellent games, but
they are not actually mahjong, although Shanghai does use mahjong tiles.
Rumor has it that there is a commercial version of japanese mahjong that
is only available in Japan.

There is a freeware Japanese-rules mahjong program called "Macjong 0.20a",
but it is reputedly buggy and incomplete. It is available at umich in
<ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/game/card/macjong0.20.sit.hqx>.

There is also a shareware mahjong game under development that uses Chinese
rules. It is reportedly pretty good and at least as stable as Macjong.
A beta is available at
<ftp://ftp.luth.se/pub/mac/games2/board/mahjong_0.9.2d.US.sit.hqx>.

------------------------------

Subject: 19. Where can I find Unlimited Adventures updates and modules?

There is a large collection of freeware and shareware UA modules at
<ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/frua/modules> (the mac modules' names end
in .sit). Updates are in <ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/frua/patches>.

------------------------------

Subject: 20. I always loved playing [Pacman, Star Wars, Frogger, etc.]
at the arcade. Is there a Mac version?

Probably. John W. Komp maintains a list of Mac versions of various 80's
arcade games, send email with the subject "Mac Arcade List Please" to him
at <jk0...@medtronic.com>.

------------------------------

Subject: 21. What games will fail to run on my [AV Mac, PowerMac,
bizarrely configured Mac]? How do I fix them?

Brian Lev maintains a "Broken Games List" of games that break on AV and
PowerMacs and any known fixes. To get a copy of the list, send email to
l...@nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov with the subject "Broken Games List Please" or
ftp it from <ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/jwang/games/broken-games.txt>.

------------------------------

Subject: 22. What joystick should I buy for my Mac?

It depends on what games you want to use the joysticks with. The
Thrustmaster is generally considered to be the best joystick for
flight simulators, but it's rather pricey at about $115, and it's
not ideal for other games. The Thrustmaster is reportedly also
virtually unusable for left-handed people, as it is molded to be
held in the right hand.

The Gravis MouseStick II has some problems, but it works well with many
games, and it's only about $50. The Flightstick Pro is also popular at
about $90. (These average prices were determined through exhaustive
research, which is to say, I called MacConnection and MacWarehouse for
the prices. This doesn't constitute any kind of endorsement from the
FAQ maintainer, who doesn't even own a joystick.)

------------------------------

Subject: 23. Is there a FAQ for [FA-18, Sim City 2000, Civilization, Bolo,
Pathways into Darkness, Spaceward Ho!, Marathon, 7th Guest...]

There are FAQ's for many of the more popular Macintosh games. Try looking
in the info or games directories at the major ftp sites. Another good
place to look if you have WWW access is Dave Stanworth's Games Domain, at
<http://wcl-rs.bham.ac.uk/GamesDomain>.

Some are available directly from the maintainer:

Bolo FAQ:
The Bolo FAQ is available at <ftp://cybercow.rh.uchicago.edu> and
in HTML form at <http://prog.vub.ac.be:8080/~gpappas/Bolo/faq.html>.
There is an entire Big 7 newsgroup devoted to Bolo: rec.games.bolo.

Civilization FAQ:
Send email to <d...@wcl.bham.ac.uk> with the subject "Civ FAQ please",
ftp it from <ftp://wcl-l.bham.ac.uk/pub/djh/faqs/civilization.faq>,
or go to <http://wcl-rs.bham.ac.uk/GamesDomain/civfaq1.html> on WWW.

F/A-18 Hornet FAQ:
Anon ftp it from <ftp://chemotaxis.biology.utah.edu/Public>
or <ftp://williams.edu/pub/Hornet.Archive>.

Marathon Demo FAQ:
Send email to Aapo Puskala at <pus...@cc.helsinki.fi> with the
subject "Marathon FAQ please".

Marathon Engine FAQ:
Send email to Jeff Eaton at <AFAE...@aol.com> with the subject
"Engine FAQ please". Jeff adds that a copy of the FAQ will be
sent automatically; questions about how to get past the crushing
room in Defend This! wil be ignored. :-)

Marathon Spoiler Guide:
You can ftp it from umich in <ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/game/gameutil>,
send email to Michael K. Neylon at <mne...@engin.umich.edu> with
the subject "Marathon Spoiler Guide Please", or find it on the WWW at
<http://www.engin.umich.edu/labs/mel/mneylon/marathon/marathon.html>.

Myst Hints:
You can find a hierarchichal system of Myst hints at
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/ingram/myst/index.html>

Pathways into Darkness FAQ:
Send email to <David_...@magic.ca> with the subject "PID FAQ please".
There are also "Pathways into Cheating" and "PID Basic Survival Guide"
documents available in <ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/game/gameutil>.

Realmz: Prelude to Pestilence FAQ:
Send email to Bo Lundqvist at <Bo.Lun...@contactor.se> with
the subject "Realmz Prelude Faq please" or ftp it from
<ftp://wcl-l.bham.ac.uk/pub/djh/faqs/realmz-prelude.faq>.

The 7th Guest FAQ:
You can ftp it from <ftp://wcl-l.bham.ac.uk/pub/djh/faqs/T7G.faq>.
This FAQ does not contain the solutions to all of the puzzles, but
it has a considerable number of hints and solutions.

Sim City 2000 FAQ:
Send email to Kevin Endo at <t...@netcom.com> with the subject
"SC2K FAQ please" or ftp it from <ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/th/thx>.

SimTower FAQ:
Send email to Brad Stuart at <br...@cfar.umd.edu> with the subject
line "SimTower FAQ please." It's also available as a Web page at
<http://www.cfar.umd.edu/~brad/simtower.html>.

Spaceward Ho! FAQ:
Send email to <wood...@indirect.com> with the subject 'SPHO FAQ'
(without the quotes, all uppercase), or anon ftp it from
<ftp://ftp.cc.columbia.edu/pub/beecher/spaceward-ho-faq>.
It's also available as a Web page at
<http://www.columbia.edu/~beecher/ho/spaceward-ho-faq.html>.

------------------------------

Subject: Credits

This document is copyright 1995 by Christina Schulman.

Suggestions and additions to this FAQ have been contributed by:

Anthony Chan <af_...@postoffice.utas.edu.au>
Simon K Boocock <sb...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Barry Klawans <ba...@Remedy.COM>
John W. Komp <jk0...@medtronic.COM>