Realmz Tip Sheet Files?

B. Nolan McCoy

Dec 23, 2000, 10:54:01 AM12/23/00
In the not-so-distant past, there used to be downloadable documents in
DocMaker format that contained tips for the different scenarios in
Relamz. I used to have them, but, because of hard drive problems and
subsequent repairs, wasn't able to save these files. I went to the
Fantasoft website, but they are no longer available there -- only online
tips.

I would greatly prefer to have these files myself so that I could print
them, etc., as opposed to having to go online whenever I need/want a
little help. If anyone has the tip files to the following scenarios (or
knows where I can find them), could you please let me know?

City of Bywater
Prelude to Pestilence
White Dragon
Griloch's Revenge
Destroy the Necromonicon
Assault on Giant Mountain
Mithril Vault
Castle in the Clouds

Your help is greatly appreciated in this.

Mark Elliott

Dec 24, 2000, 4:51:36 AM12/24/00
In article <3A44CA98...@maine.rr.com>, B. Nolan McCoy
<no...@maine.rr.com> wrote:

> Your help is greatly appreciated in this.

The html is at

http://www.fantasoft.com/HTML/Realmz_Files/Realmz_HTML/Hint%20Guides/Hin
t%20Guides.htm

Why not use Web Devil to download the whole lot to your hard drive ?

Mark

Gorilla Warfare - http://www.fantasoft.com/GorillaWarfare

B. Nolan McCoy

Dec 24, 2000, 10:04:00 AM12/24/00
As I said in my original posting, I don't want the address of the online
files. I already had found that. I'm looking for the stand alone
documents that were in (I believe) DocMaker format. I am not really
interested in having to launch Netscape whenever I want a hint.

I appreciate your attempt, though. Anyone else care to give it a try?

Matthew Thompson

Dec 30, 2000, 8:38:44 PM12/30/00
I've got the Castle in the Clouds tip sheet but that's it.

I do know that Fantastoft currently has two versions of their
website up. This link should download the Hints.sea file that's on
the old version of the site.

http://www.fantasoft.com/HTML/Realmz_Files/Hint_Guides.hqx

That may only work for Macintosh. I don't know for sure. I also
have Trouble in the Sword Lands tip sheet, which may be included
in the above. file.

Matt

In article <3A461060...@maine.rr.com>, no...@maine.rr.com

Matthew Thompson

Dec 30, 2000, 9:28:27 PM12/30/00
I downloaded the Hint Guides.sea from that link and it does
include all the existing tip sheets, up to Trouble in the Sword
Lands (and if you're not playing the Sword Lands scenario, go get
it!)

And yes, it is only available for Mac OS, but since you posted
this to a mac newsgroup (duh) and mentioned DocMaker (duh) stupid
me should have known (duh) that you were okay with that.

If you don't find the file at that link, I've got it. It's 2.6 mb,
but if you're wanting specific files from the archive I can give
you a listing.

What the heck I'll list it right here!

Assault on Giant Mountain Tips
Castle Tip Sheet
City of Bywater Tip Sheet
Destroy the Necronomicon Tips
Griloch's Revenge Tips
Mithril Vault Tips
Prelude to Pestilence Tips
Realmz FAQ v4.0.1
Spell List for FilemakerPro 3
The Book of Beasts
The Book of Items 3.2
The Realmz NPC Doc
Trouble in the Sword Lands Tips
White Dragon Tips

Hope this helps.

Matt

B. Nolan McCoy

Dec 31, 2000, 10:01:00 AM12/31/00
Odd. Whenever I try to connect to the Fantasoft site, I just get the
generic (and pretty useless) site that just lists their products and let
you order them. I hate to have to go digging around a company's website
just to get info that I want. Tim should REALLY rethink that site
design, I think.

Matthew Thompson

Dec 31, 2000, 12:49:30 PM12/31/00
The only reason I have that is because it was in my bookmarks. I
was surprised to see the old style as well. And I agree about
rethinking the site. I couldn't get the 7.1.2 update from the new
site without d/l ing the whole whopping thing, but in the old
section, there it was. It is weird.

So do you want me to try to e'mail you the hint guides.sea file?

Matt

In article <3A4F4A2C...@maine.rr.com>, no...@maine.rr.com

B. Nolan McCoy

Jan 2, 2001, 4:47:07 PM1/2/01
Thanks for the offer, but they have already been sent to me by a member
of the Divinity Guild.