Road and Track: Genesis/Miata/BRZ shootout....

MuahMan

Jun 23, 2012, 12:25:27 PM6/23/12
LOL

Good Call Alan and Sandman

Granted this is the much slower version of my car

1st place: Hyundai Genesis

0-60... 1st place Genesis
0-100...1st place Genesis
Slalom... 1st Place Genesis
Skidpad.... 1st Place Genesis
Breaking.... 1st Place Genesis
Laptime.... 1st Place Genesis

Most Expensive? 1st Place.... Miata.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/mazda-mx-5-miata-vs-subaru-brz-vs-hyundai-genesis-coupe/the_results_page_5

David Fritzinger

Jun 23, 2012, 1:27:15 PM6/23/12
In article <327b4e71-afa1-41d9...@googlegroups.com>,
Let's see how the Genesis rates elsewhere.

Driving excitement: 3rd place Genesis
Engine: 3rd place Genesis
Gearbox: 3rd place Genesis
Steering: 3rd place Genesis
Brakes: 3 way tie
Ride: 1st place Genesis
Handling: 3rd place Genesis
Exterior styling: 2nd place Genesis
Interior styling: 2nd place Genesis
Seats: 2nd place Genesis
Ergonomics: 2nd place Genesis
Luggage space: 1st place Genesis
Final point standing: 3rd place Genesis.

Ooops!

Sandman

Jun 23, 2012, 1:39:52 PM6/23/12
> LOL
>
> Good Call Alan and Sandman
>
> Granted this is the much slower version of my car
>
> 1st place: Hyundai Genesis
>
> 0-60... 1st place Genesis
> 0-100...1st place Genesis
> Slalom... 1st Place Genesis
> Skidpad.... 1st Place Genesis
> Breaking.... 1st Place Genesis
> Laptime.... 1st Place Genesis
>
> Most Expensive? 1st Place.... Miata.

Hyundai subtotal: 369,8
Miata subtotal: 369,8

Brians face when he realizes: Priceless.

(On a side note, giving a genesis a score of anything above 0 on
interior styling invalidates the entire table)

And, since the genesis excited the driver the least, it's safe to
assume it was a heterosexual person driving.

--
Sandman[.net]

Chance Furlong

Jun 23, 2012, 3:50:16 PM6/23/12
On 6/23/12 11:25 AM, MuahMan wrote:
> LOL
>
> Good call, Alan and Sandman
>
> Granted, this is the much slower version of my car
>
> 1st place: Hyundai Genesis
>
> 0-60: 1st place Genesis
> 0-100:1st place Genesis
> Slalom: 1st Place Genesis
> Skidpad: 1st Place Genesis
> Breaking: 1st Place Genesis
> Laptime:1st Place Genesis
>
> Most Expensive? 1st Place: Miata.
>
> http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/mazda-mx-5-miata-vs-subaru-brz-vs-hyundai-genesis-coupe/the_results_page_5

What does it have to do with Mac advocacy?

MuahMan

Jun 23, 2012, 4:15:39 PM6/23/12
You are correct. The Genesis won the performance and track stuff. The other junkers won the subjective categories.

Granted all these cars are horribly slow compared to my vehicle.

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 4:36:18 PM6/23/12
In article <edfe5698-dcef-46a9...@googlegroups.com>,
And yet, the test was about what makes a good sports car for the road...

...not the track.

So it lost to the Miata... ...again.

:-)

> Granted all these cars are horribly slow compared to my vehicle.

Not as long as you're the one driving, I'm sure.

:-)

--
"The iPhone doesn't have...
...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good,

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 4:36:57 PM6/23/12
In article <EJudndscn91lgHvS...@giganews.com>,
Nothing, but you could tell that from the thread title, so why not just
ignore it?

Chance Furlong

Jun 23, 2012, 5:14:04 PM6/23/12
On 6/23/12 3:36 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article <EJudndscn91lgHvS...@giganews.com>,
> Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcity.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/23/12 11:25 AM, MuahMan wrote:
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> Good call, Alan and Sandman
>>>
>>> Granted, this is the much slower version of my car
>>>
>>> 1st place: Hyundai Genesis
>>>
>>> 0-60: 1st place Genesis
>>> 0-100:1st place Genesis
>>> Slalom: 1st Place Genesis
>>> Skidpad: 1st Place Genesis
>>> Breaking: 1st Place Genesis
>>> Laptime:1st Place Genesis
>>>
>>> Most Expensive? 1st Place: Miata.
>>>
>>> http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/mazda-mx-5-miata-vs-subaru-brz-
>>> vs-hyundai-genesis-coupe/the_results_page_5
>>
>> What does it have to do with Mac advocacy?
>
> Nothing, but you could tell that from the thread title, so why not just ignore it?

Sticking up for your boyfriend MuahMan?

Chance Furlong

Jun 23, 2012, 5:15:44 PM6/23/12
On 6/23/12 3:36 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

> And yet, the test was about what makes a good sports car for the road, not the track.
>
> So it lost to the Miata again.
>
> Not as long as you're the one driving, I'm sure.

Who gives a fuck?

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 5:17:37 PM6/23/12
In article <gIKdnVSl-_6dr3vS...@giganews.com>,
If you don't, then find another thread.

Guys like you act as if the existence of this thread prevents you from
reading others.

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 5:18:18 PM6/23/12
In article <gIKdnVWl-_4BrHvS...@giganews.com>,
Sticking up for common sense.

You can kill threads you don't want to read or you can simply ignore
them.

Chance Furlong

Jun 23, 2012, 5:42:04 PM6/23/12
Then why are you replying to me? Are you being obsessive over me like
Snit obsesses over Steve Carroll?

Chance Furlong

Jun 23, 2012, 5:43:45 PM6/23/12
On 6/23/12 4:17 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> In article <gIKdnVSl-_6dr3vS...@giganews.com>,
> Chance Furlong <T-B...@megakatcity.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/23/12 3:36 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>>>
>>> And yet, the test was about what makes a good sports car for the road, not
>>> the track.
>>>
>>> So it lost to the Miata again.
>>>
>>> Not as long as you're the one driving, I'm sure.
>>
>> Who gives a fuck?
>
> If you don't, then find another thread.
>
> Guys like you act as if the existence of this thread prevents you from reading others.

What makes you think I am prevented from reading other threads? I read
what I want when I want, Little Girl.

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 5:58:39 PM6/23/12
In article <QfCdnbrlzoSxpXvS...@giganews.com>,
I'm not objecting to your posts, Chance. I'm just curious as to why--if
off topic posts bother you as much as you claim--that you just don't
killfile them?

:-)

Alan Baker

Jun 23, 2012, 5:59:31 PM6/23/12
In article <QfCdnbXlzoQMpXvS...@giganews.com>,
I didn't say you WERE prevented, Chance. I said you were acting AS IF
you were prevented.

Reading is fundamental, Little Man.

:-)

MuahMan

Jun 23, 2012, 6:57:28 PM6/23/12
Uh Oh, the natives are turning on each other.

MuahMan

Jun 25, 2012, 12:59:50 PM6/25/12
On Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:57:28 PM UTC-4, MuahMan wrote:
> Uh Oh, the natives are turning on each other.

Bottom rung base line Genesis crushes Miata's at the track. :)

Thanks experts at Road and Track for doing this test.

The guys at Motortrend picked the Genesis as Car of the Year!

Nashton

Jun 25, 2012, 1:56:12 PM6/25/12
So, the Genesis outperforms all the other cars in what *really* matters
and you're there arguing about how it lagged in....styling?

Boy you useless Mac advocates really stick together, don't you? ;)

You're one piece of work.

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 4:13:43 PM6/25/12
In article <50a5e47c-519b-469e...@googlegroups.com>,
Really? When?

Not this year; that's the Volkswagen Passat.

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/1201_2012_motor_trend_car_of_the
_year_volkswagen_passat/viewall.html>

Last year, it was the Chevrolet Volt.

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/1101_2011_motor_trend_car_of_the
_year_chevrolet_volt/viewall.html>

2010, the Ford Fusion

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_1001_2010_motor_trend_car_of
_the_year_ford_fusion/viewall.html>

2009, the Nissan GT-R

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_0901_2009_motor_trend_car_of
_the_year_winner_nissan_gt_r/viewall.html>

2008, the Cadillac CTS

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/112_0801_2008_cadillac_cts/viewa
ll.html>

2007, Toyota Camry

<http://www.motortrend.com/womt/112_0701_2007_coty_2007_toyota_camry/view
all.html>

2006... ...well, read for yourself.

<http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/car_of_the_year_winners/>

Not a Genesis in the bunch!

What a pity you and reality aren't on speaking terms.

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 4:33:35 PM6/25/12
In article <jsa8ng$h3q$1...@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <na...@na.ca>
wrote:
If you think that how a car performs on the track is all the really
matters in a road car, you're even more clueless than usual.

I just got back last week from California where I spend 3 days driving a
car that could outlap everything up to about everything on this list up
to about 10th place (the Formula Skip Barber cars can lap it in about
1:37):

<http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html>

But that hardly makes it the best car for use on public roads.

> Boy you useless Mac advocates really stick together, don't you? ;)
>
> You're one piece of work.

Coming from you, that means so much...

MuahMan

Jun 25, 2012, 4:43:59 PM6/25/12

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 4:47:20 PM6/25/12
In article <dbe95e2d-ce6b-426f...@googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/index.htm

Which wasn't Motor Trend and wasn't your car.

> http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american-car-of-t
> he-year

Which wasn't Motor Trend and wasn't your car.

> LOL too easy.

You've got that right.

JT

Jun 25, 2012, 5:06:31 PM6/25/12

"MuahMan" wrote in message
Alan Baker is a Tool who drives a girls car so what can he know about
a mans cars.

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 5:08:53 PM6/25/12
In article <qp4Gr.28403$Bp1....@newsfe10.iad>,
Seriously: you're declaring a Hyundai Genesis...

...SEDAN...

...a "man's car"?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

JT

Jun 25, 2012, 5:11:31 PM6/25/12

"JT" <Jake.Tanner@gmail..com> wrote:

> "MuahMan" wrote in message
>
> >http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/index.htm
>
> >http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american-car-of-
> >the-year
>
> >LOL too easy.
>
> Alan Baker is a Tool who drives a girls car so what can he know
> about
> a mans cars.

>Seriously: you're declaring a Hyundai Genesis...

>...SEDAN...

>...a "man's car"?

>LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It is more of a mans car then the girl car you drive Jack.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 5:14:16 PM6/25/12
In article <5u4Gr.45830$GJ4....@newsfe16.iad>,
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

MuahMan

Jun 25, 2012, 5:39:44 PM6/25/12
He's probably saving for a 15 year old Cabriolet. Another mans car. Haha

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 6:10:05 PM6/25/12
In article <fa3c0e61-60eb-4f6d...@googlegroups.com>,
Actually, my next purchase will probably be an full-on open wheel
race-car. I've got the bug.

:-)

MuahMan

Jun 25, 2012, 7:03:23 PM6/25/12
Bwhahahahahaha

Alan Baker

Jun 25, 2012, 8:32:39 PM6/25/12
On Jun 25, 4:03 pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, June 25, 2012 6:10:05 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
> > In article <fa3c0e61-60eb-4f6d...@googlegroups.com>,
> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > He's probably saving for a 15 year old Cabriolet. Another mans car. Haha
>
> > Actually, my next purchase will probably be an full-on open wheel
> > race-car. I've got the bug.
>
> > :-)
>
> > --
> > "The iPhone doesn't have...
> > ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good,
> >    I guess I'll let him off the hook
>
> Bwhahahahahaha

Why not, Brian? I can pick up an entire Formula Ford rig (car, spares,
trailer, etc. etc.) for easily less the $20K, and that's a lot less
than I was budgeting to spend on the Miata. Heck, there's one locally
complete with all the above and a spare engine going for $13K.

:-)

Sandman

Jun 26, 2012, 1:28:03 AM6/26/12
In article <alangbaker-643EF...@news.shawcable.net>,
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:

> I just got back last week from California where I spend 3 days driving a
> car that could outlap everything up to about everything on this list up
> to about 10th place (the Formula Skip Barber cars can lap it in about
> 1:37):
>
> <http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html>

And first place... Hyundai Shitbox! Oh wait, no it's not even on the
list...

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 26, 2012, 1:29:42 AM6/26/12

MuahMan

Jun 26, 2012, 1:53:10 PM6/26/12
Bwhahahahahaha. Keep your stupid bullshit fantasies for when you are sucking off Sandman..

Yeah...i'm gonna buy an open wheel race car.... LOL And I'm gonna hire a mechanic to rebuild the engine after every weekend. And I'm gonna sell my Miata and get a truck to tow it and a trailer. And a tool trailer, and a engine lift....

You're so fucking stupid dude. People in here actually race. Keep your bullshit in your dreams with Sandman.

MuahMan

Jun 26, 2012, 1:55:25 PM6/26/12
HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it around Laguna Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL Oh man, what am I gonna do now. hahah

JT

Jun 26, 2012, 4:20:46 PM6/26/12

"MuahMan" wrote in message
I fail to understand that the two biggest noisemakers here one Tool
drives a girls car and it has not been determined that the other even
owns a vehicle and they speak about auto racing.

JT

Jun 26, 2012, 4:29:18 PM6/26/12

"MuahMan" wrote in message
Perhaps he will drive it back and forth to and from the track.

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2012, 7:21:17 PM6/26/12
On Jun 26, 10:55 am, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:29:42 AM UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
> > In article <dbe95e2d-ce6b-426f...@googlegroups.com>,
> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/index.htm
>
> > >http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american...
> > > he-year
>
> > > LOL too easy.
>
> > Troll *CAR* and *SOURCE* FAIL!!
>
> > --
> > Sandman[.net]
> On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:29:42 AM UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
> > In article <dbe95e2d-ce6b-426f...@googlegroups.com>,
> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/index.htm
>
> > >http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american...
> > > he-year
>
> > > LOL too easy.
>
> > Troll *CAR* and *SOURCE* FAIL!!
>
> > --
> > Sandman[.net]
> On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:29:42 AM UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
> > In article <dbe95e2d-ce6b-426f...@googlegroups.com>,
> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/autos/2009_car_of_the_year/index.htm
>
> > >http://jalopnik.com/5128610/hyundai-genesis-named-2009-north-american...
> > > he-year
>
> > > LOL too easy.
>
> > Troll *CAR* and *SOURCE* FAIL!!
>
> > --
> > Sandman[.net]
>
> HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it around Laguna Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL  Oh man, what am I gonna do now. hahah

According to this:

<http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html>

Your car (assuming it really is yours) hasn't beaten a Kia Soul
Sport...

Just sayin'

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2012, 7:18:28 PM6/26/12
1. You don't have to rebuild a Formula Ford's "Kent" Ford Cortina
engine after each weekend. Not even close.

2. I have a friend who runs (and may shortly be the owner of) an
engine shop. He's a drag racer, but likes working on any motor.

3. A basic pickup truck is cheap.

I can put the whole thing together and still spend less than I was
planning to spend on putting a V8 in the Miata.

> You're so fucking stupid dude. People in here actually race. Keep your bullshit in your dreams with Sandman.

"People"? Maybe. You?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

MuahMan

Jun 26, 2012, 8:59:39 PM6/26/12
LOL. So you're gonna tow your race right with a Ford Ranger 2.0 liter? LOL

Your friend likes to rebuild engines for free? Bwhahahaha

Cool Story bro. LOL

Alan Baker

Jun 26, 2012, 9:24:16 PM6/26/12
In article <f6c80a6e-54ae-48aa...@googlegroups.com>,
Why not? A Formula Ford only weighs about 950 lbs. The least the Ford
Ranger can tow is nearly double that.

> Your friend likes to rebuild engines for free? Bwhahahaha

I never said for free, but it is good to have friends. I should have
known you wouldn't understand that.

:-)

> Cool Story bro. LOL

Yup!

Just got off the phone with the guy and with luck I'll at least be
checking it out Friday or Saturday...

"1989 VanDiemen Formula Ford with enclosed trailer, spare engine with
all new parts, unassembled, complete with tons of spares, body moulds,
suspension spares and jigs. Car has been redone with new rod ends,
mastercylinders, etc., plus new paint. The whole team must go.
$13,000.00 obo"

I might just bring cash and see if he'll take $10,000.

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 2:23:31 AM6/27/12
In article <f3443ba2-1dc0-4e10...@googlegroups.com>,
> > > he-year
> > >
> > > LOL too easy.
> >
> > Troll *CAR* and *SOURCE* FAIL!!
> >

> > --
> > Sandman[.net]
>
> HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it around Laguna
> Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL Oh man, what am I gonna do now.
> hahah

What the fuck is wrong with your computer, or are you just totally
incompetent in using it? How does one go about to fuck up a post to
usenet as badly as you have here? My god, you're stupid.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 2:24:49 AM6/27/12
In article
<16f93ad5-02b1-45e8...@oe8g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:

> > HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it around
> > Laguna Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL  Oh man, what am I gonna do
> > now. hahah
>
> According to this:
>
> <http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html>
>
> Your car (assuming it really is yours) hasn't beaten a Kia Soul
> Sport...
>
> Just sayin'

Hyundai Genesis Coupe - slower than 2:12 around the Laguna Seca. Isn't
that walking pace? :-D

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 2:25:36 AM6/27/12
In article <wQoGr.38704$l_1....@newsfe21.iad>,
"JT" <JakeT...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it
> >around Laguna Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL Oh man, what
> >am I gonna do now. hahah
>
> I fail to understand that the two biggest noisemakers here one Tool
> drives a girls car and it has not been determined that the other even
> owns a vehicle and they speak about auto racing.

We're just making fun of Brian, who actually claims to own and drive -
in public - a Hyundai!!

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 2:26:56 AM6/27/12
In article <8cad2d83-1539-4395...@googlegroups.com>,
MuahMan <mua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Why not, Brian? I can pick up an entire Formula Ford rig (car, spares,
> > trailer, etc. etc.) for easily less the $20K, and that's a lot less
> > than I was budgeting to spend on the Miata. Heck, there's one locally
> > complete with all the above and a spare engine going for $13K.
> >
> > :-)
>
> Bwhahahahahaha. Keep your stupid bullshit fantasies for when you are sucking
> off Sandman..
>
> Yeah...i'm gonna buy an open wheel race car.... LOL And I'm gonna hire a
> mechanic to rebuild the engine after every weekend. And I'm gonna sell my
> Miata and get a truck to tow it and a trailer. And a tool trailer, and a
> engine lift....
>
> You're so fucking stupid dude. People in here actually race.

Who? As far as I can remember, the only ones that have claimed to be
on a race track is me, Alan and you - and it turned out that the race
track you were on was a go cart race track. It's not like that counts,
Hyundai boy.

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 2:29:59 AM6/27/12
In article
<e2a2da78-05d1-4412...@qz1g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:

> > Yeah...i'm gonna buy an open wheel race car.... LOL  And I'm gonna hire a
> > mechanic to rebuild the engine after every weekend. And I'm gonna sell my
> > Miata and get a truck to tow it and a trailer. And a tool trailer, and a
> > engine lift....
>
> 1. You don't have to rebuild a Formula Ford's "Kent" Ford Cortina
> engine after each weekend. Not even close.
>
> 2. I have a friend who runs (and may shortly be the owner of) an
> engine shop. He's a drag racer, but likes working on any motor.
>
> 3. A basic pickup truck is cheap.
>
> I can put the whole thing together and still spend less than I was
> planning to spend on putting a V8 in the Miata.

Well, for what it's worth, I'd spend the money on the Mazda. It's
funnier to have a good performing and good handling car on the roads,
than a vehicle you can only run on the tracks. But maybe that's just
me. :)

--
Sandman[.net]

ed

Jun 27, 2012, 2:39:56 AM6/27/12
that depends on how often you can get out on the track and if you're racing or doing track days / hot lapping- a lot of guys out here who race (motorcycles) don't ride a street bike at all, as it's relatively boring. there's also the old adage about it being more fun to drive a slow car fast (which you can do on the street) than drive a fast car slow (which you have to do (relatively) with a high performance car, especially since alan lives in the city).

i say he buys the formula ford and gets the flyin' miata turbo kit for his car, and still come out cheaper than the ls3 swap with a kit motor. :D

Alan Baker

Jun 27, 2012, 3:56:38 AM6/27/12
In article <mr-318630.08...@News.Individual.NET>,
Well... ...a light jog, perhaps.

;-)

Alan Baker

Jun 27, 2012, 4:08:01 AM6/27/12
In article <mr-AA1C9D.08...@News.Individual.NET>,
Well, it's not like I'm thinking of abandoning the Miata. I just spent
$9K on getting it updated.

It's just that if I were to go as far as doing a full-on, high quality
V8 swap, then for that money, I could easily:

do a pretty first class turbo for the Miata (about $7K when the labour
is figured in);

buy a full race-car;

easily afford to run the racer for a couple of years.

And the simple fact is that it would almost impossible to really stretch
out a V8 Miata on the street. Sure: I could do track days, but I want
actual RACING.

So it's got me rethinking my priorities... ...a bit.

Whichever way I go, I can afford it!

-hh

Jun 27, 2012, 7:20:12 AM6/27/12
On Jun 27, 2:26 am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
>  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > You're so fucking stupid dude. People in here actually race.
>
> Who? As far as I can remember, the only ones that have claimed to be
> on a race track is me, Alan and you - and it turned out that the race
> track you were on was a go cart race track.

I might still have a couple of '3rd Place in Class' plaques laying
around from some years ago that I've not mentioned. Was a lot of fun,
but also took up quite a bit of limited time. Maybe after I retire...

> It's not like that counts, Hyundai boy.

Go carts can count AFAIC, so long as one owns the cart. But if we're
talking about going to a track and renting one without any prior
booking for ~5 minutes per track session...it is a carnival ride.

-hh

Sandman

Jun 27, 2012, 8:16:45 AM6/27/12
In article
<a2aca96b-d304-4655...@b1g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
-hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2:26 am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:
> >  MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > You're so fucking stupid dude. People in here actually race.
> >
> > Who? As far as I can remember, the only ones that have claimed to be
> > on a race track is me, Alan and you - and it turned out that the race
> > track you were on was a go cart race track.
>
> I might still have a couple of '3rd Place in Class' plaques laying
> around from some years ago that I've not mentioned. Was a lot of fun,
> but also took up quite a bit of limited time. Maybe after I retire...

:)

> > It's not like that counts, Hyundai boy.
>
> Go carts can count AFAIC, so long as one owns the cart. But if we're
> talking about going to a track and renting one without any prior
> booking for ~5 minutes per track session...it is a carnival ride.

Well, it may differ from Sweden and the states, but assuming that
Brian is more than 18 years old, the only competetive carting series
available is the supercarting or superVcarting. But those have 250cc
and 625cc engines respectively, which is far more than Brian could
ever manage on the track. I just think he took the seat from a 5 year
old in a 60cc gocart on the day in question. And he still crashed!

This is a photo from the day in question:

http://sandman.net/files/brianpratt.jpg

--
Sandman[.net]

MuahMan

Jun 27, 2012, 2:08:10 PM6/27/12
HAHAHAHAHA

He just spent 9k on a 30 year old chicks car with no power or handling. HAHAHAHAHA

MuahMan

Jun 27, 2012, 2:09:42 PM6/27/12
But you have retarded kids and you're wife is a crack whore. DO NOT REPRODUCE ANYMORE YOU DOWNSIE.

Alan Baker

Jun 27, 2012, 2:19:31 PM6/27/12
In article <d69249b5-8554-4970...@googlegroups.com>,
> HAHAHAHAHA
>
> He just spent 9k on a 30 year old chicks car with no power or handling.
> HAHAHAHAHA

"No power" is overstating the case, but "no handling"?

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOL

Unlike when you say similar things, Brian, I'm not exaggerating when I
say that the Miata is considered one of the best handling cars of all
time.

And mine just got better with the installation of double-adjustable AFCO
coilovers from Flyin' Miata; along with front, rear, and transmission
tunnel bracing.

MuahMan

Jun 27, 2012, 2:35:48 PM6/27/12
LOL LOL LOL 30 year old shitbox chick car with no power and poor handling. Mind as well drive a go-kart.

Alan Baker

Jun 27, 2012, 4:35:11 PM6/27/12
In article <abecc6fe-23ab-4741...@googlegroups.com>,
> LOL LOL LOL 30 year old shitbox chick car with no power and poor handling.
> Mind as well drive a go-kart.

Since you like the experts at Motor Trend so much:

<http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0910_2009_best_driver
s_car/viewall.html>

The Miata finished third, behind only the Audi R8 ($118,000 and the
Porsche Cayman S PDK ($67,355).

'[Randy Pobst] "Mazda deserves a medal for this car. They have done such
a great job. The MX-5 really is one of the finest driver's cars here
today." He wasn't the only one with those thoughts. "The Miata is
sheetmetal proof that test-track numbers alone can't pick a great
driver's car. It's far, far better than mere digits could ever convey,"
declares St. Antoine.'

Funnily enough, they didn't even bother to include a Hyundai in the test.

But what would guys like Randy Pobst...

"Randy Pobst also known as "RFP" or "The Rocket" is an American race car
driver, born 26 June 1957, in Dayton, Ohio.[1]

Currently active in the SCCA World Challenge GT series and the Grand
American series' GT class, Pobst is the 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2010 SCCA
World Challenge GT champion and is a two-time class winner of the 24
Hours of Daytona, in 2001 and 2006.

From 2004-2007, he drove for Tri-Point Mazda in the SCCA World Challenge
Touring Car series, finishing second in 2007. In 2007 and 2008, he won
the SCCA World Challenge GT Championship with K-Pax/3R Racing in a
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car. He repeated the feat in 2010 in a K-Pax Racing
Volvo S60."

...know about how well a car handles?

:-)

ed

Jun 27, 2012, 6:43:11 PM6/27/12
they've recently done a "best driver's car" test for cars ~$28k, that included the genesis, miata, gti, mustang, brz, and frs. unsurprisingly, it reinforces what both of you have been saying (the miata beats the genesis on subjective measures, the genesis beats in objective measures (track time- streets of willow in this case, driven by pobst, acceleration, figure 8, etc). frs and brz win overall btw.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1207_high_performance_two_door_comparison/

> But what would guys like Randy Pobst...
> ...know about how well a car handles?
>
> :-)

as an aside, pobst also has this to say about the genesis if sandman is reading:
"2013 HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2.0T R-SPEC
I continue to be so impressed with Hyundai's products. I just love the way they look. I think they're the number-one stylists right now, especially considering the price range." :P

Sandman

Jun 28, 2012, 1:57:33 AM6/28/12
In article <1887714e-6df8-42a0...@googlegroups.com>,
What was it you drove now again? Was it a Kia? No... Hmm, was it a
Toyota? No... damn... Oh, yes! It was a *HYUNDAI*!!!!
Hahahahaahahaha!!!!

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 28, 2012, 1:59:26 AM6/28/12
> > LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLLOLOL
> >
> > Unlike when you say similar things, Brian, I'm not exaggerating when I
> > say that the Miata is considered one of the best handling cars of all
> > time.
> >
> > And mine just got better with the installation of double-adjustable AFCO
> > coilovers from Flyin' Miata; along with front, rear, and transmission
> > tunnel bracing.
>
> LOL LOL LOL 30 year old shitbox chick car with no power and poor handling.
> Mind as well drive a go-kart.

Not everyone has the same wheels as you do, Brian.

http://sandman.net/files/brianpratt.jpg

Hahah! Who the fuck crashes with a gocart?? Can you get even more
retarded??

--
Sandman[.net]

Sandman

Jun 28, 2012, 2:16:06 AM6/28/12
In article <5b6dd9d3-ab8b-433d...@googlegroups.com>,
ed <ne...@atwistedweb.com> wrote:

> as an aside, pobst also has this to say about the genesis if sandman is
> reading:
> "2013 HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2.0T R-SPEC
> I continue to be so impressed with Hyundai's products. I just love the way
> they look. I think they're the number-one stylists right now, especially
> considering the price range."

Oh. My. God. Is he blind? Brain damaged?

<http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe_1003
70268_m.jpg>

Just look at it, it's fucking *HIDEOUS*. It just has to be designed by
someones 7 year old son with crayons.

And along with that low-budget exterior design, you get a no budget
interior finnish. I just don't get it. Cars cost next to nothing in
the states, yet no one seems to afford to get a car with some quality.

Styling for the american market has always been retarded. Just look at
the Hondas in America, they're fucking hideous. Not that they are
awesome in the rest of the world.

--
Sandman[.net]

MuahMan

Jun 28, 2012, 12:51:12 PM6/28/12

> Hahah! Who the fuck crashes with a gocart?? Can you get even more
> retarded??

Yes, I could be one of your children.

Sandman

Jun 29, 2012, 12:44:40 AM6/29/12
In article <99f2186d-11fb-4484...@googlegroups.com>,
The oens you got so scared would beat you senseless when we were in
Florida that you ran screaming like a 8 year old girl when I offered
to meet you. Hahaha! I've never seen anyone run for the tall grass
that fast!!

--
Sandman[.net]

Tanker

Jun 29, 2012, 8:24:00 AM6/29/12

"MuahMan" wrote in message
You just wait. He's going to, bwahaaaa, put a 600 HP Chevy motor in
it and, moohooohooo, show you. Hopefully, the Zero will kill himself
in it.

Tanker

Jun 29, 2012, 11:05:15 AM6/29/12

Sandman <m...@sandman.net> wrote:

> In article
> <16f93ad5-02b1-45e8...@oe8g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
> Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > > HAHAHAHAHA..... This guy just posted that my car didn't make it
> > > around
> > > Laguna Seca as fast as Ken Burns $600k EVO. LOL Â Oh man, what
> > > am I gonna
> > > do
> > > now. hahah
> >
> > According to this:
> >
> > <http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html>
> >
> > Your car (assuming it really is yours) hasn't beaten a Kia Soul
> > Sport...
> >
> > Just sayin'
>
> Hyundai Genesis Coupe - slower than 2:12 around the Laguna Seca.
> Isn't
> that walking pace? :-D

>Well... ...a light jog, perhaps.

Yes, Tool, I would love to be behind you in a Genesis while you were
running full tilt.

Sandman

Jun 29, 2012, 2:34:00 PM6/29/12
In article <HujHr.14145$iI7....@newsfe03.iad>,
Again, a light jog outruns a Hyundai Genesis. They're so slow that
they have to find minority groups to advertise them to.

I hear that 0-60 in a Genesis is... haha, 5.6 seconds!! You could take
a nap in that time!

--
Sandman[.net]

Michael

Jun 29, 2012, 8:41:15 PM6/29/12

"Sandman" wrote in message
Maybe an idiot like you would like to take his place?

BTW: My new sock is "Michael". In this way, all you Lusers won't be
confused any longer.

>I hear that 0-60 in a Genesis is... haha, 5.6 seconds!! You could
>take
>a nap in that time!

I think you should, you seem dazed and befuddled.

Only a moron builds a business catering to Macs which only hold 5%
world market share. So in the rare event all the Macs broke down, you
would still have a nothing business. That's why most computer repair
shops overcharge for Mac repairs by 35% - 50%. And that is why you
are short on money, and you are short on money because you are short
on brains. And that is why you live in a hovel and are forced to walk.

Sandman

Jun 30, 2012, 3:49:54 AM6/30/12
In article <IWrHr.73899$PF1....@newsfe15.iad>,
"Michael" <Archangl...@aol.com> wrote:

> >Again, a light jog outruns a Hyundai Genesis. They're so slow that
> >they have to find minority groups to advertise them to.
>
> Maybe an idiot like you would like to take his place?

Your family would probably thank me for beating the shit out of you in
your plastic toy car.

> >I hear that 0-60 in a Genesis is... haha, 5.6 seconds!! You could
> >take a nap in that time!
>
> I think you should, you seem dazed and befuddled.
>
> Only a moron builds a business catering to Macs which only hold 5%
> world market share. So in the rare event all the Macs broke down, you
> would still have a nothing business. That's why most computer repair
> shops overcharge for Mac repairs by 35% - 50%. And that is why you
> are short on money, and you are short on money because you are short
> on brains. And that is why you live in a hovel and are forced to walk.

Wtf, are you more drunk than usual? I don't repair Macs. Your brain
can't handle even a light beer, stop abusing the Mountain Dew.

--
Sandman[.net]