REQUEST for information :

Darren Ford

Nov 23, 1992, 7:30:00 PM11/23/92

DG//Does anyone have any experience (vicarious if necessary) that they would
DG//share with me regarding the "MediaMaster" sound card from BSR, currently
DG//being marketed/hyped by DAK?

DG//* Windows 3.1 drivers
DG//* MPC-compatible
DG//* Digitizing
DG//* Can operate as a MIDI-compatible synth.
DG//* 128 built-in instruments/SFX (conforms to Roland GS std. sound canvas)
DG// "custom-designed 16-bit digital sound microprocessor... using advanced
DG// vector-based technology" (Gad, I hate hype!)
DG//* 384 kbytes intermal buffer RAM
DG//* 16-bit, 8-44.1 kHz record and playback

Doug, I personally think the MediaMaster, aka AudioMaster is a crappy board.
Its a wave table board and therefore MIDI sounds better than a soundblaster,
but nowhere near a good wave board like the Aria, Sound Canvas, etc...

It has some other flaws that i consider serious; like no balance control. and
forget 6, 7, or 10 volume controls, its 3 for the audiomaster. Most sound
boards allow you to choose which inputs you want to record but on that board
you have to switch your line to a special 'record input' plug on the back
on the card.. this is very cumbersome and also infuriating when you realize
the is no volume control on the record line.

After reading those specs again i noticed another point. it is not a 16bit
board, it records 12bit mono only.

DG//Complete bundle, yes, but is it any good?

i would skip it.

---
darrenford

Disclaimer: I'll deny I ever said it.
---
. SLMR 2.0 .

----
| Ed Hopper's BBS - ehbbs.gwinnett.com - Atlanta, Georgia |
| USR/HST: 404-446-9462 V.32bis: 404-446-9465 |