REQUEST for information : BSR MediaMaster

Doug Girling

Nov 17, 1992, 9:08:25 PM11/17/92

(As my first RFI elicited no response, I'll cast my net a second time...)

Does anyone have any experience (vicarious if necessary) that they would
share with me regarding the "MediaMaster" sound card from BSR, currently
being marketed/hyped by DAK?

DAK's blurb sounds interesting, but is typically skint on details. They
claim:

* Windows 3.1 drivers
* MPC-compatible
* Digitizing
* Can operate as a MIDI-compatible synth.
* 128 built-in instruments/SFX (conforms to Roland GS std. sound canvas)
"custom-designed 16-bit digital sound microprocessor... using advanced
vector-based technology" (Gad, I hate hype!)
* 384 kbytes intermal buffer RAM
* 16-bit, 8-44.1 kHz record and playback

All this for $200 including record/playback utilities (recorder, mixer
jukebox and CD music launcher), Monologue (text-to-speedh), Midisoft
Recording Session, Mentor (music tutor), and "Band in a Box". Given they
don't list "stereo" as a feature, it's probably a mono board.

Complete bundle, yes, but is it any good?

Doug
Doug Girling, Lab Engineer Voice: (604)291-4428
(par escargot): FAX: (604)291-4951
School of Engineering Science