DAK MULTIMEDIA SOUND CARD

Michael Hagerty

Oct 6, 1992, 10:04:00 AM10/6/92
The specs for the Multimedia Sonic Sorcery card, available from DAK
for $199.90 are:

Requirements: 386SX or better
2M RAM or better
16 bit ISA slot
VGA or better
Windows 3.1
Headphones or such

Multimedia Standard: MPC
Synthesis Method: Vector
Card Standard: MediaMaster
Maximum Sampling Rate: 44.1 Khz - mono
Sampling Resolution: 16 bits
Microprocessor: Motorola 68008
DOC II VLSI
On-Board RAM: 384K
Input Jacks: Microphone
1/8" AUX In
Output Jacks: 1/8" Audio Out
DB 15 MIDI/Game Port
Built-in Instruments: 128
Sound Canvas: Roland GS
Software Included: DAT (digital audio recorder)
On-Line Sound Mixer
Computerized Jukebox
Audio CD Music Launcher
Monologue (text to speech conversion)
MIDIsoft Recording Session with Mentor
Band in a Box

MIDI Breakout box 49.90
100 Sound clips 29.90
DAK Pro Microphone 29.90

How does this compare to other sound cards on the market, given that
DAK is claiming that this is comparable to the Turtle Beach product?

I note that this does not have an OS/2 driver, so I really cannot use
the product right now, but I am very interested. I would appreciate
any feedback... Regards, Mikey