Any Info About Audio Master?

Stu Brown

Nov 24, 1992, 1:10:53 PM11/24/92
I have heard about a new card by a company called Omni Labs
call Audio Master. It sounds like a GUS type card - wavetable
synthesis and digital audio. Is there more info on it? Does
anyone have the phone number for Omni Labs?
--
Stuart Brown
Mentor Graphics Corporation

Phat H Tran

Nov 24, 1992, 3:32:44 PM11/24/92
In article <1etr7d...@stu.Warren.MENTORG.COM> s...@Warren.MENTORG.COM (Stu Brown) writes:
>I have heard about a new card by a company called Omni Labs
>call Audio Master. It sounds like a GUS type card - wavetable
>synthesis and digital audio. Is there more info on it? Does
>anyone have the phone number for Omni Labs?

There was an article in Byte about it. 12-bit mono was as far as I
read before turning the page.

Phat.

david cole

Nov 24, 1992, 11:13:02 PM11/24/92
>I have heard about a new card by a company called Omni Labs
>call Audio Master. It sounds like a GUS type card - wavetable
>synthesis and digital audio. Is there more info on it? Does
>anyone have the phone number for Omni Labs?
>--
>Stuart Brown
>s...@warren.mentorg.com or uunet!sdl!stu

Yes, from the (brief) published specs this card does seem similar to the GUS.
I will group it with it in the next List of Known Soundcards. It is allegedly
shipping. It appears to use 12-bit samples stored in RAM. A RAM upgrade is
available (appears to be a proprietary upgrade, unlike the GUS).
I suspect that this card is the same as the "BSR Media Master" sold by DAK
for $199.

Omni Labs is in California: (818) 813-2630.

Let me know if you find out anything more, including if it is the same card
as the one DAK sells (I tried calling DAK, but always busy....)

Cheers,

Dave Cole
dc...@ua.d.umn.edu