Fat People chairs suggestions please

bunboy

Jan 12, 2004, 4:20:20 PM1/12/04
I am a fat person who is disabled and sits by my computer sometimes 10 -14
hours a day. I had brought a very good chair Herman Millar that warrants
up to like 275 which I an just under. It has now broke twice in the
last4months or so and I have had it like 3 years. Theyhave been very
professional about it and believe that even though I am just under the
warranty weight my excessive use just wears it out which is probably the
case.
They have offered me to refund all my money and let me go by a new
chair and found some that warrant up to500 pounds, The chair I own is
like750$ and the one I saw for 500 was 999.
I have several questions out there, First anybody have any
computer chair recommendations fore a big fat computer nerd who lives on his
machine all day and night.
Second should I take their offer. I am a lawyer(disabled and stuck on
machines but by law they need to give more than just the refund back, They
warrant to provide me a chair that would work for 12 years and I could keep
making them come out every three or four months and put a new seat on.
Incidentally it is actually dangerous because when it breaks it makes a nice
sharp knife like break which could easily slice my butt prettygood. This
could help solve the global food crisis amongst cannibals but I don't care
if they starve or not to be truthful. any suggestions opinions would be
appreciated..
I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but maybe on of
you ha a friend who knows something!

--
The people who smile when things go wrong have found someone else to blame
Bunboy

Vince

Jan 12, 2004, 5:10:02 PM1/12/04
"bunboy" wrote

> I am a fat person who is disabled and sits by my computer sometimes 10 -14
> hours a day. [Etc.].

Two observations:

1) You're a nerd so you should have marked your subject 'OT'.

2) You're a lawyer so you're better placed than us to know whether the offer
is worth taking.

Gandalf Parker

Jan 12, 2004, 5:31:22 PM1/12/04
"bunboy" <bun...@cox.net> wrote in news:JcEMb.34$bg1.0@fed1read05:

> I have several questions out there, First anybody have any
> computer chair recommendations fore a big fat computer nerd who lives
> on his machine all day and night.

Im about the same size and spent as much time at my computer. I went thru
half a dozen soft computer chairs which gave me nothing but pains. When the
last one broke I dragged a wooden chair out of the garage to use until I
could find another. Maybe its all the padding I already have *smile* but
for some reason Im more comfortable with this chair than I have with any
others. Before you buy an expensive one go find a big wooden strong wooden
kitchen chair at some garage sale and try that for a day.

Gandalf Parker
-- EXCUSE ME?!? I HAVE a life Thank You Very MUCH!
(It's virtual, but it's a life.)

Highlandish

Jan 12, 2004, 7:27:00 PM1/12/04
In news:JcEMb.34$bg1.0@fed1read05,
bunboy <bun...@cox.net> Quoth The Raven:

> I am a fat person who is disabled and sits by my computer sometimes
> 10 -14 hours a day.

hey I am only 110kgs, I can fit in ordinary chairs but they do break after a
while and can be uncomfortable even after 30 minutes, I went to an old
second hand office furniture place and found a very large executive chair
with a high back and lots of padding, and I paid AUS$250 for it. so far I
had to get the legs re-welded and replace the wheels, I use a cover over it
because the old fashion covering is too rough and hot, and I use an extra
cushion to protect the seat cushion, but I can spend 20 hours in the chair
without sores, my skin still breathes and I have no discomfort what so ever,
another good thing about the chair is that it leans right back so I can
snooze in it. I am not disabled nor am I unfit (just pot bellied and heavy)
but the chair is exactly what you might need and I recommend looking for a
good second hand executive chair. a big overly cushioned one will do you
just fine, you may have to take it to a furniture repair shop like I did to
get it reinforced with better rollers.

--
I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it

Grackle

Jan 12, 2004, 8:14:17 PM1/12/04
Ah yes, the pot-bellied fit man -- I see some of those waddle by with their
Big-macs and Pepsi combo when I'm cycling. I think the explanation is that
the belly is actually muscle, right?

"Highlandish" <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

James Garvin

Jan 12, 2004, 8:46:47 PM1/12/04

Agreed here. I'm only 200lbs and chairs can get down right HARD to sit
on. I suggest buying a nice leather chair that is over stuffed. Take
it to your local metal shop (or do it yourself) and reinforce the whole
thing. I would suggest dropping the hydraulic lifting mechanism and
going for a wider pipe with a fatter base for the chair bottom.

I would also suggest that you get lumbar support...it seems to help.

Ken Rice

Jan 12, 2004, 10:07:18 PM1/12/04
In article <JcEMb.34$bg1.0@fed1read05>, bun...@cox.net says...

While being fat isa factor, I think an even bigger factor with your char
problem is the amount of time you are in it. Using a chair constantly the way
you do causes it to wear out much faster thatn a chir that is use 6-8 hours
a day.

When shopping for a new chair, don't stop at the chair's weight limit, but ask
about the durability of the chair, and make sure the salesperson knows that
kind of use it will be getting. Some chairs are designed for heavier use.

If you are real lucky, you will find a salsperson that actually knows something
about chairs.

http://users.erols.com/kennrice
Civil War Round Table of DC & Concentration Camp made of LEGO bricks
http://members.tripod.com/~kennrice
Maps of Ultima 7 Parts 1 & 2, Prophecy of the Shadow, Savage Empire,
Crusaders of Dark Savant & Others.

Puzzled

Jan 12, 2004, 10:28:16 PM1/12/04

"Ken Rice" <n...@email.ads> wrote in message
> [snip]

> If you are real lucky, you will find a salsperson that actually knows
something
> about chairs.
> [snip]

And get the promises in writing!

Blig Merk

Jan 12, 2004, 10:57:46 PM1/12/04
I have that problem. I gave up finding a large enough chair. I placed
my desk next to my entertainment center and connected my HDTV to my
video card. Now I just sit on my loveseat with a wireless mouse and
keyboard. You should see how great the games look on it! They all look
a lot better than any XFLop game the XFLop Fanfairies brag about.

GamePlayer No. 1058

Jan 12, 2004, 11:21:37 PM1/12/04
I dont know why you just dont go down to your local staples store, i BOUGHT
a chair from them 3 years ago, and it's still working fine today, and this
is a $99.00 chair. And yes, I do weigh in at 312 or 265 on a good day.
So, just go down to your local staples store, or buy online and just buy a
cheapo chair, it offers plenty fo comfort and lasts for years and years.

GamePlayer No. 1058

Jan 12, 2004, 11:23:53 PM1/12/04
Cycling on what, are you cycling on your three wheeler toddler bike, as I
suspect.

Ah yes I thought so. Keep on toddling by.

"Grackle" <nos...@lalaland.com> wrote in message

mrdeli

Jan 12, 2004, 11:33:43 PM1/12/04
I use the butt master 2000. It's retails at Staples for 499.00.

Check out my link of me using it.

http://www.halifax.retrostate.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=96

mrdeli

Jan 12, 2004, 11:34:15 PM1/12/04

Gandalf Parker

Jan 12, 2004, 11:55:18 PM1/12/04
de...@hfx.eastlink.ca (mrdeli) wrote in news:bb5960ff.0401122033.f68472
@posting.google.com:

> I use the butt master 2000. It's retails at Staples for 499.00.
>
> Check out my link of me using it.
>
> http://www.halifax.retrostate.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=96

that was so interesting I think you should ESAD
For instructions, check here...
http://www.tubgirl.com

Gandalf Parker

Darin Johnson

Jan 13, 2004, 12:03:02 AM1/13/04
"GamePlayer No. 1058" <nospam...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I dont know why you just dont go down to your local staples store, i BOUGHT
> a chair from them 3 years ago, and it's still working fine today, and this
> is a $99.00 chair. And yes, I do weigh in at 312 or 265 on a good day.

Or just avoid the stereotypical "office chair". Get one of the old
fashioned wooden executive chairs (the sort schoolteachers had a few
decades back). Ie, with a spin-to-adjust-height instead of pneumatics
for one thing. Or get a solid wooden chair with no wheels. You can
always add a cushion and lumbar support to an existing chair, so it
doesn't matter if it's cushioned. The fewer things that can break
down the better.

If you've got carpetting, get one of those hard plastic floor mats
designed for having rolling chairs on carpetting. It reduces wear on
the chair as well, and it's easier to scoot a chair without wheels
that way also.

--
Darin Johnson
"Look here. There's a crop circle in my ficus!" -- The Tick

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 12:55:35 AM1/13/04

GA!

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 1:00:08 AM1/13/04

That is just wrong. We all know that if you REALLY are into that, you
would love goatse.cx

Blig Merk

Jan 13, 2004, 3:15:57 AM1/13/04
blig_...@yahoo.com (Blig Merk) wrote in message news:<

> keyboard. You should see how great the games look on it! They all look
> a lot better than any XFLop game the XFLop Fanfairies brag about.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This part is SO TRUE. The rest of it was a weak fake like the weak
faker that posted it. Plus, they obviously don't understand that a
computer doesn't have to be on a desk to be part of a media center.
Brain dead weak faker.

Highlandish

Jan 12, 2004, 11:51:23 PM1/12/04
In news:uEHMb.7267$881.1...@news20.bellglobal.com,
Grackle <nos...@lalaland.com> Quoth The Raven:

no, I am a fat slob. however I live in the country where we don't have
takeaways on top of this frozen mountain, so I am fat because I eat a lot of
home cooked food and I spend a lot of time on my pc. anyway I'm retired for
the rest of my life (at 33), and I am going to University this because I am
bored. keep your damn burgers and soft drink.

Highlandish

Jan 13, 2004, 5:55:52 AM1/13/04
In news:bb5960ff.0401...@posting.google.com,
mrdeli <de...@hfx.eastlink.ca> Quoth The Raven:

> I use the butt master 2000. It's retails at Staples for 499.00.
>
> Check out my link of me using it.
>
> http://www.halifax.retrostate.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=96

you sick sick fucking asshole

Bateau

Jan 13, 2004, 5:53:33 AM1/13/04
Holy fuck you people are crazy! ONLY 200 lb? ONLY 110 kg? You are giant
fatties! Try exercise and less big macs!!
--
.-'`-.
/ | | \
/ | | \
|___|_|__ |
||<o>| <o>`|
|| J_ )|
`|`-'__`-'|/
| `--' |
.-| |_
.-' \ / | |`-.
.-' `. /| | \
/ ````' | | \
|_____ | | L
.-' ___ `-. F F | | ||`-.___
.'.-' | `-. `. J J / | || _.>
/ /| | |`. \ | | |/ | ||_.-'
/ / | | | `. `. F F | |==============================
J / | | | \ L J J | | `:::::::. `:::::::.
FJ | | | |L J/ / | \ :::::::. :::::::\
J |() | () | () | () | J L/ | | ::::::: :::::::L
| F | .-'_ \ | | LJ | / L :::::::: :::::::J
| L | / \\ | | | L | | :::::::: ::::::::L
| L || ):|| | | | /| L :::::::: ::::::::|
J | ||:._.'::|| | | |----' | | :::::::: ::::::::| .---.
J | |J:::::::|| | | | _/\ | :::::::: ::::::::| /(@ o`.
LJ | \:::::/ | | | |---'\ | | :::::::: ::::::::| | /^^^
J L | `-:-' | | | F | \ | J :::::::: ::::::::| \ . \vvv
LJ()| () | () | () | F F | \ \--._L :::::::: ::::::::| \ `--'
J \ | | | | J J \ | | :::::::: ::::::::| \ `.
\ \| | | | / / | | | :::::::: ::::::::| L \
\ \ | | |/ /| | | .-'| :::::::: ::::::::| | \
`.`. | | .'.' | | |/ /`L :::::::: ::::::::| | L
| `.`-.____|.-'.-' | | | <`. \ :::::::: ::::::::| | |
| | `-.______.-' | \| |_`::\ `. :::::::: ::::::::| F |
| J\ | | | | /: \::. \:::::::: ::::::::F / |
| L\|--| | _.--|:: `::\ `.:::::: .:::::::J / F
J J |\\|-.____ |__.-' |: \::. \:::: ::::::::F .' J
L \| >|| `--' J |' .`::\ `.:' .::::::::/ .' F
J |//JJ | L |---. .--\::. \---. .---. <---< J
L |< |J |\=/| ( _ \=/ _ `::\ `. \=/ _ \=/ _ \ /
J |\\|J | | / )_) | (_) \::. \ | (_) | (_) | /
\ |--|J |//\\ / //\ //`::\ `./\ //\ / .'
\| |L ` )/ )` `' '|`---// `---// `\::. \ `---// `---' .'
VK________| L_\ ' /___/ ' | |___//______//_____`::\ |___//_________.'_________
F F J`` -'| | | | | \:_|
`-' | "" | J ` |
| | L | |\ |\ /| /| |\ /|
| | \ | | \ | \ // // | \ || |\
J | `. | ||\\ ||\\ // // ||\\ || ||
L F )`---\ || >> || \\ / | << || \\ || ||
| J / `. ||// || || //|| \\ || || || ||
J J ( `-. |// | \ || |/ || \\ | \ || || ||
`-.__/ `---. `. |<< ||\\|| || >> ||\\|| || ||
| J `. ) ||\\ || \ | || // || \ | || ||
/ | `-----' || >> || || || // || || \\ ||
/ F ||// || || || << || || \\||
J J | / |/ || |/ \\ |/ || \ |
J | |/ \| \| \| \|
`-.-' K I N G O F T H E M O N S T E R S

Walter Mitty

Jan 13, 2004, 7:19:29 AM1/13/04
"bunboy" <bun...@cox.net> brightened my day with his incisive wit when
in news:JcEMb.34$bg1.0@fed1read05 he conjectured that:

Oh bullshit.

I don't care how fat you are : what exactly are you doing to *break* your
chair??

Gandalf Parker

Jan 13, 2004, 11:38:54 AM1/13/04
James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote in news:40038968...@nmt.edu:

Heehee. I use Goatse.cx also. I have quite a list of such shocker-sites
in a bookmark directory called AAARRRGGGHHH! I think goatse.cx is the one
that started it. :)

Gandalf Parker

Nan Wang

Jan 13, 2004, 11:57:05 AM1/13/04
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but maybe on of
> you ha a friend who knows something!

How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.

Walter Mitty

Jan 13, 2004, 1:36:39 PM1/13/04
de...@hfx.eastlink.ca (mrdeli) brightened my day with his incisive wit when
in news:bb5960ff.0401...@posting.google.com he conjectured that:

> http://www.halifax.retrostate.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=96

LOL. And don't forget the expense of an extended extended mouse cable ..

Gandalf Parker

Jan 13, 2004, 2:05:46 PM1/13/04
Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> wrote in news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com:

How about a more sensible approach: dont suggest major fixes to minor
problems.

Gandalf Parker

Rick Russell

Jan 13, 2004, 2:01:45 PM1/13/04
In article <lnKMb.1589$4P6...@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,

GamePlayer No. 1058 <nospam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> a chair from them 3 years ago, and it's still working fine today, and this
> is a $99.00 chair. And yes, I do weigh in at 312 or 265 on a good day.

Same here, I weigh about 315 after a haircut, and I've always used
cheap chairs. Sure, they break down after a few years, but you can
afford a new chair every few years at $60 a pop.

Of course, if I was disabled and had limited mobility, I could see why
chair integrity would be more important.

Rick R.

Adam Russell

Jan 13, 2004, 2:34:56 PM1/13/04

"Rick Russell" <ri...@is.rice.edu> wrote in message

I'm under 200lb and every chair I buy seems nice at first but then goes flat
after 6 months. Not broken, but not as cushiony as it should be. Tempted
to slide the couch over.

agray

Jan 13, 2004, 2:22:24 PM1/13/04
bunboy wrote:

> I am a fat person who is disabled and sits by my computer sometimes 10 -14
> hours a day. I had brought a very good chair Herman Millar that warrants
> up to like 275 which I an just under. It has now broke twice in the
> last4months or so and I have had it like 3 years. Theyhave been very
> professional about it and believe that even though I am just under the
> warranty weight my excessive use just wears it out which is probably the
> case.

I'm sure you know well enough by now to ignore all the assholes who don't
understand how life could be any different than they imagine it should be,
so I won't go into that.

I'm 385 lbs and have the same problem.

IMO, Herman Miller chairs are great for so-called normal people. I don't
like them -- they're actually painful for me to sit on -- and I'm not
suprised they wear out quickly.

What I have is an office chair made by HON that I've been using for about
four years, and it's great. Sturdy as a rock and comfortable too,
particularly in being wide enough not to cut off circulation to my legs.
Also noteable for the fact that the pneumatic height adjuster still works.
Its model number is: 6311.H.AB62.P71. I imagine HON has a website or phone
number where you could look this up. I expect that it's probably
expensive, but I bought it used when my company bought new office furniture
(now I have two -- one at home and one in office).

Alternatively, check out surplus stores or used furniture liquidators.
There are still tons of those generic steel swivel/roller chairs that are
built like tanks. I've used them before, with a pillow for extra lumbar
support. They're not springy like a pneumatic chair, but are height
adjustible (by spinning the wheelbase).

If you go with a used swivel chair, make sure the wheelbase has at least
five arms. The four-armed ones are dangerous, especially for big fellas
like us.

Good luck!

--
Yaay! We're doomed ---- GIR

Highlandish

Jan 13, 2004, 3:38:12 PM1/13/04
In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:

go fuck your self.

Knight37

Jan 13, 2004, 3:45:36 PM1/13/04
Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in

> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> wrote in news:bu1811$7qd$1

@reader2.panix.com:

>> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but maybe
>>> on of
>>> you ha a friend who knows something!
>>
>> How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>
> How about a more sensible approach: dont suggest major fixes to minor
> problems.

Losing weight can fix a lot of problems many of which are not minor
(health related issues). Easier said than done, though.

Knight37

Gandalf Parker

Jan 13, 2004, 3:59:48 PM1/13/04
Knight37 <knig...@email.com> wrote in

True but he didnt say he had such problems. But he did say he was
handicapped so a stringent diet and exercise program might be more than
its worth.

The weight isnt always a problem by itself. Im about the same weight and
my doctor would LOVE to find something to point at and say "see, you
need to lose weight". While my wife who is vegetarian, no salt, no
sugar, doing just about everything they tell her, seems to add a major
problem with every visit.

Gandalf Parker
-- Avoid any extremes. Too much darkness, sunlight, water, oxygen, even
vitamin C, can kill you. Man did not just develop the ability to thrive
with variety. He developed requiring it.

Darin Johnson

Jan 13, 2004, 4:48:45 PM1/13/04
"Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I'm under 200lb and every chair I buy seems nice at first but then goes flat
> after 6 months. Not broken, but not as cushiony as it should be.

A lot of cheap chairs just have cheap foam for padding, and that
breaks down quickly.

--
Darin Johnson
"Floyd here now!"

Nan Wang

Jan 13, 2004, 3:24:40 PM1/13/04

Quote: "Incidentally it is actually dangerous because when it breaks it makes

a nice sharp knife like break which could easily slice my butt prettygood".

I would not call being impaled on a sharp object a minor problem.

If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction would be to
stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.

Darin Johnson

Jan 13, 2004, 5:24:28 PM1/13/04
Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> writes:

> If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction would be to
> stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.

The problem is that it's not as easy as just saying it. The body is
programmed to horde calories, in anticipation of food shortages. When
you combine that with being shut in and unable to exercise, it takes
a superhuman amount of will to lose the weight. You might as well
just say "if I was hooked on heroin, I'd just stop".

Highlandish

Jan 13, 2004, 5:27:12 PM1/13/04
In news:bu1k68$cmm$1...@reader2.panix.com,

Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:

its not about eating, its appetite vs. mentality vs. A19 influenza virus
(similar to chicken flu) vs. lack of motivation to exercise. there is no
simple cure as to "stop eating" and "go for a walk", these things only make
it worse as your metabolism changes to store more fat. obese peoples only
hope is to become fat, not obese.

Gandalf Parker

Jan 13, 2004, 5:27:45 PM1/13/04
Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> wrote in news:bu1k68$cmm$1...@reader2.panix.com:

> If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction
> would be to stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.

If I get so poor that I cant just find a new chair instead of enjoying what
I eat then I would already BE on a diet. :)

Gandalf Parker
-- Our cities used to have problems with pigeons, rats, stray cats, even
alligators in the sewers. Now we have problems with homeless people. Those
other problems seem to have gone away. Hmmmmmmmm

Gandalf Parker

Jan 13, 2004, 5:29:54 PM1/13/04
Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote in

I was kindof wondering if he were below the cut-line on the metabolism
thing. Under 30 maybe? Its a whole new conversation after that. Kindof like
talking about how you will raise your kids before you have any. :)

Gandalf Parker

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 6:55:54 PM1/13/04
Bateau wrote:

> Holy fuck you people are crazy! ONLY 200 lb? ONLY 110 kg? You are giant
> fatties! Try exercise and less big macs!!

I could stand to lose 10lbs, but I'm about average for my height.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 6:57:46 PM1/13/04

ALRIGHT! How about a list of what you have? My list stops at tubgirl,
goatse.cx, and links to rotten.com pics.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:04:59 PM1/13/04

No kidding. The padding in these chairs really doesn't hold up; unless
you weigh less then 100lbs it seems.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:05:46 PM1/13/04
Highlandish wrote:

> In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:
> > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but
> >> maybe on of you ha a friend who knows something!
> >
> > How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>
> go fuck your self.

That response deserves the golf clap!
*golf clap*

Grackle

Jan 13, 2004, 6:51:07 PM1/13/04
If you live in a cold climate that's a different story -- you may actually
be fit even if overweight. Oh wait, you called yourself a "fat
slob"...nevermind :)

"Highlandish" <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:07:52 PM1/13/04
to Knight37

I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or
the South Beach Diet (a modified form of Atkins). Both are sensible
diets that will help you lose weight, gain energy, and for a life style
that is both healthier and will help you live longer.

*Atkins is not just meat and eggs for those who are going to post how
horrible it is.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:08:01 PM1/13/04

I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:08:46 PM1/13/04

Or you could stop being a dick and have some empathy.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:10:17 PM1/13/04
Highlandish wrote:

> its not about eating, its appetite vs. mentality vs. A19 influenza virus
> (similar to chicken flu) vs. lack of motivation to exercise. there is no
> simple cure as to "stop eating" and "go for a walk", these things only make
> it worse as your metabolism changes to store more fat. obese peoples only
> hope is to become fat, not obese.

Not to mention the body tries its hardest NOT to lose weight because it
might need it. Dropping 10, 15, and even 50lbs is FAR easier to do then
to drop 100lbs or more.

Nan Wang

Jan 13, 2004, 7:10:56 PM1/13/04

I don't know, Stephen Hawking isn't morbidly obese, at least from the pictures
I have seen.

Step 1: figure out roughly how much calories one needs on a daily basis,
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

Step 2: eat below that number, but not too much below.

Step 2a: Spread out the calories in multiple small meals

Step 2b: drink plenty of water

Step 2c: cut out junk food, soda, refined sugar

Step 3 (optional): exercise. If he cannot move his legs, there are still
plenty of upper body only exercises that can be done, like pullups, dips...

Step 4: save money and not have to buy a new chair

Andrew

Jan 13, 2004, 7:13:25 PM1/13/04
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:07:52 -0700, James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:

>I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or
>the South Beach Diet (a modified form of Atkins). Both are sensible
>diets that will help you lose weight, gain energy, and for a life style
>that is both healthier and will help you live longer.

Atkins sensible? That would be the same Atkins that is warned against
by the major medical councils around the world?
--
Andrew. To email unscramble n...@gurjevgrzrboivbhf.pbz & remove spamtrap.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Grackle

Jan 13, 2004, 6:59:18 PM1/13/04
Shut up, or I'll tell my pa to beat you up (the fact that he's in his
sixties should scare you good enough).

"GamePlayer No. 1058" <nospam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cycling on what, are you cycling on your three wheeler toddler bike, as I
> suspect.
>
> Ah yes I thought so. Keep on toddling by.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:16:06 PM1/13/04

Man...as soon as I got out of the military I packed on 10lbs. I then
went on to shoot up to 230lbs, but I'm almost back down to my fighting
weight (185-190). I can say from experience:
1) It is hard to lose weight...even if you diet, exercise, and REALLY
want to
2) It is damn near impossible to be any ideal weight if you have a desk
job or you spend a lot of time sedentary (eg a college student around
finals)
3) About 25 your metabolism starts to ssssllllooooowwww
dddddoooowwwnnn. You can't eat a whole pizza and just shit it out
later.
4) Lifting weights makes it even harder to lose the weight. Not only
because you are gaining muscle mass, but because your body freaks out
and wants to store the fat "just in case."
5) Running is VERY hard on the back and knees, and after a couple of
injuries...I can't do it. I do elliptical machines, bikes, and I hike
for my aerobic exercise. I'll be damned if it is always enough though
and it is hard to find time when you work 12 hour days.

Nan Wang

Jan 13, 2004, 7:03:54 PM1/13/04
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Highlandish <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote:
> In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:
> > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but
> >> maybe on of you ha a friend who knows something!
> >
> > How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.

> go fuck your self.

Sensitive, aren't we? alt.support.fat-acceptance is _that_ way.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:21:29 PM1/13/04
Nan Wang wrote:

> Step 1: figure out roughly how much calories one needs on a daily basis,
> http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

That Calorie calculator just doesn't seem right.

> Step 2: eat below that number, but not too much below.

Which wouldn't be hard to eat less then 4100 cals (2160 BMR)

> Step 2b: drink plenty of water

mmmmm...water.

> Step 2c: cut out junk food, soda, refined sugar

Atkins

> Step 3 (optional): exercise. If he cannot move his legs, there are still
> plenty of upper body only exercises that can be done, like pullups, dips...

Unless he is injured in other ways.

> Step 4: save money and not have to buy a new chair

Or don't be a dick and have some empathy.

James Garvin

Jan 13, 2004, 7:23:19 PM1/13/04
Andrew wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:07:52 -0700, James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:
>
> >I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or
> >the South Beach Diet (a modified form of Atkins). Both are sensible
> >diets that will help you lose weight, gain energy, and for a life style
> >that is both healthier and will help you live longer.
>
> Atkins sensible? That would be the same Atkins that is warned against
> by the major medical councils around the world?

Warned against induction, not Atkins.

Tom Meyer

Jan 13, 2004, 7:25:06 PM1/13/04
> In news:bb5960ff.0401...@posting.google.com,
> mrdeli <de...@hfx.eastlink.ca> Quoth The Raven:

> > I use the butt master 2000. It's retails at Staples for 499.00.
> >
> > Check out my link of me using it.

http://www.halifax.retrostate.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=96

> you sick sick fucking asshole

A fat naked guy is actually pretty tame internet fare...

Andrew

Jan 13, 2004, 7:27:39 PM1/13/04
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:23:19 -0700, James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:

>Warned against induction, not Atkins.

What does induction mean in this respect?

Tom Meyer

Jan 13, 2004, 7:40:56 PM1/13/04
"James Garvin" <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote in message

Sending your body into protein ketosis is sensible??

Jim Vieira

Jan 13, 2004, 7:35:42 PM1/13/04
"Nan Wang" <nw...@panix.com> wrote in message

And you are an elitist asshole who get's off on putting other people
down. Your rude comments were not called for in any way. The
only purpose served was to make the fat people feel bad, and to
flaunt your own supremecy over them because you are so well
adjusted and fit.

Perhaps you should visit alt.need.psychiatric.help.because.I'm.
a.know.it.all.gimp.who.uses.the.internet.to.compensate.for.my.
own.weak.self-esteem.

Jim Vieira

Jan 13, 2004, 7:36:49 PM1/13/04

> Or you could stop being a dick and have some empathy.

AMEN brother.

Nan Wang

Jan 13, 2004, 9:09:32 PM1/13/04
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Jim Vieira <Whipl...@widot.rrdot.com> wrote:
> "Nan Wang" <nw...@panix.com> wrote in message
> > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Highlandish
> <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote:
> > > In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
> > > Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:

> > > go fuck your self.
> >
> > Sensitive, aren't we? alt.support.fat-acceptance is _that_ way.

> And you are an elitist asshole who get's off on putting other people
> down. Your rude comments were not called for in any way. The
> only purpose served was to make the fat people feel bad, and to
> flaunt your own supremecy over them because you are so well
> adjusted and fit.

Rude comments like "go fuck your self"?

> Perhaps you should visit alt.need.psychiatric.help.because.I'm.
> a.know.it.all.gimp.who.uses.the.internet.to.compensate.for.my.
> own.weak.self-esteem.

Speaking of weak self esteem.

Grackle

Jan 13, 2004, 9:50:39 PM1/13/04
This is why I love newsgroups -- some guy asks about a chair strong enough
to support his weight, and the postings diverge into the sickest, wierdest
directions imaginable. You can't get that on cable!

"Tom Meyer" <fa...@email.address> wrote in message

Grackle

Jan 13, 2004, 11:41:23 PM1/13/04
It's not possible to turn into a lardass without food though, but stuffing
your face is much easier for some. I really can't preach because my hunger
level adjusts itself to balance out any previous over-eating, so I never
take in enough calories to build a "fat surplus". Plus I get fidgety and
restless if I do over-eat, and feel that I have to expend that excess energy
(excercise). That's the secret of all thin people, their bodies do all the
work for them. If you're at the other end of the scale, then you can be
hungry even when you don't need more food -- that's the case with just about
everyone who's overweight. But hunger is a basic biological urge so it can
be hard to control, and fatty food is so easy to buy and store close at hand
for when you need to satisfy your urges.

"James Garvin" <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote in message

Xocyll

Jan 14, 2004, 12:52:36 AM1/14/04
Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> looked up from
reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
the signs say:

>Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote in
>
>> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> writes:
>>
>>> If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction
>>> would be to stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.
>>
>> The problem is that it's not as easy as just saying it. The body is
>> programmed to horde calories, in anticipation of food shortages. When
>> you combine that with being shut in and unable to exercise, it takes
>> a superhuman amount of will to lose the weight. You might as well
>> just say "if I was hooked on heroin, I'd just stop".
>
>I was kindof wondering if he were below the cut-line on the metabolism
>thing. Under 30 maybe? Its a whole new conversation after that.

God ain't that the truth.

You can be bone-rack thin for years no matter what or how much you eat.
Then one day the calories decide to stick around like poor relatives
round a lottery winner.

Xocyll

Darin Johnson

Jan 14, 2004, 12:54:03 AM1/14/04
"Grackle" <nos...@lalaland.com> writes:

> It's not possible to turn into a lardass without food though, but stuffing
> your face is much easier for some.

I've seen people who are very fat who never seem to do much more than
pick at their food. That is, they're not "stuffing their face." It
comes down to metabolism and activity. There are people who really
can't do much activity without becoming fatigued (chronic fatigue
syndrome, lyme disease, etc). There are also diabetics who can't cut
back food below a certain amount and still be healthy.

--
Darin Johnson
"Floyd here now!"

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 12:57:06 AM1/14/04
Andrew wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:23:19 -0700, James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:
>
> >Warned against induction, not Atkins.
>
> What does induction mean in this respect?

The first two weeks of Atkins are called induction. The medical
journals warn against this as it it possible it can raise cholesterol
and cause health problems in some people. The health journals also don't
look at net carbs, they just assume people are to lazy to figure it
out...I guess.

However, low carb diets aren't a fad, they are a fact. Low carb, low
sugar, and plenty of meats and a good portion of veggies is the way to
go. You are healthier and more fit, even on a higher calorie diet.

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 12:57:48 AM1/14/04
Tom Meyer wrote:

> Sending your body into protein ketosis is sensible??

That is only to introduce your body to the diet. It is a two week
portion and not a life style.

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 1:04:39 AM1/14/04
Grackle wrote:

> It's not possible to turn into a lardass without food though, but stuffing
> your face is much easier for some. I really can't preach because my hunger
> level adjusts itself to balance out any previous over-eating, so I never
> take in enough calories to build a "fat surplus". Plus I get fidgety and
> restless if I do over-eat, and feel that I have to expend that excess energy
> (excercise). That's the secret of all thin people, their bodies do all the
> work for them. If you're at the other end of the scale, then you can be
> hungry even when you don't need more food -- that's the case with just about
> everyone who's overweight. But hunger is a basic biological urge so it can
> be hard to control, and fatty food is so easy to buy and store close at hand
> for when you need to satisfy your urges.

Too true. I think a major problem for me was adjusting my life style to
a far lower cal and carb diet when I got out of the military. 'Course
another problem was those damn snack foods are so quick and easy when
you don't have time for lunch, but they are just as bad for you as a big
mac...and not a filling.

I've found that since I've had a good workout routine, if I miss a day I
get very...ants in the pantsy. I can't really focus and I have a hard
time with staying put (I have a desk job)...

Another problem a lot of people fall into is the sugar circle. It is a
viscous circle where you eat sugar to keep your high sugar levels up,
because when they drop to normal you feel bad. Kind of like a high, but
with sugar.

dnashifter

Jan 14, 2004, 1:52:10 AM1/14/04
Walter Mitty <mitticus....@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<Xns946F257ABD...@127.0.0.1>...
> "bunboy" <bun...@cox.net> brightened my day with his incisive wit when
> in news:JcEMb.34$bg1.0@fed1read05 he conjectured that:
>
> > I am a fat person who is disabled and sits by my computer sometimes 10
> > -14 hours a day. I had brought a very good chair Herman Millar that
> > warrants up to like 275 which I an just under. It has now broke twice
> > in the last4months or so and I have had it like 3 years. Theyhave been
> > very professional about it and believe that even though I am just
> > under the warranty weight my excessive use just wears it out which is
> > probably the case.> >
>
> Oh bullshit.
>
> I don't care how fat you are : what exactly are you doing to *break* your
> chair??

Here's a thought:

Bunboy was a chronic masturbator. Sitting down lit his wick. Leather
chairs gave him the ultimate charge. He'd sink his great hairy ass
into the buttery cow skin, breath a sigh of relief and say to his big
soft supple paw, "Yea, baby, let's get it on." He often practiced his
stroking motions on his Great Dane. He knew if he could get that
massive woofer off then he could give himself unfathomable pleasure.
As soon as the dog would shoot it's spooge into Bunboy's face, that
was all Bunboy needed to do to know he was ready. He plopped his
thunder thighs down into the Pleasurematic 5000, rubbed his hands
together and went to town on his skin trumpet. "Yea, yea! I'm
sitting down, baby, I'm sitting down! I feel so sexy man. Yea! My
hand knows what it wants, doesn't it, Lucile? Give it to daddy!" His
face perspired, making the dog jisim and sweat run across his big
puffy lips, giving him even more pleasure. "Yes, Lucile! You're
better than a woman. You let me sit down you're my…hand! Yea! Give
it to me! Give it to me, Lucile! Then Bunboy would cum in a gush,
all over his lazy lap. Occasionally a heart attack would occur and
the emergency wagon would pull up to the door, take out a wall and
enlist an elephant to haul his ass to the hospital in a semi.
Ocasionally the elephant was know to step on and break the
Pleasurematic 5000. But on the good nights, Bunboy would just finish
up, lick off the expulsion and light a doobie.

As always, I hope this answers your question.

Highlandish

Jan 14, 2004, 4:30:45 AM1/14/04
In news:bu21eg$hkt$2...@reader2.panix.com,

Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net>
> wrote:
>> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> writes:
>
>>> If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction
>>> would be to stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.
>
>> The problem is that it's not as easy as just saying it. The body is
>> programmed to horde calories, in anticipation of food shortages.
>> When you combine that with being shut in and unable to exercise, it
>> takes a superhuman amount of will to lose the weight. You might as
>> well just say "if I was hooked on heroin, I'd just stop".
>
> I don't know, Stephen Hawking isn't morbidly obese, at least from the
> pictures I have seen.

he has a wasting disease, he cant put on weight.

--
Please take my advice, I don't use it anyway ...

Highlandish

Jan 14, 2004, 4:31:44 AM1/14/04
In news:C%%Mb.22105$LW.2...@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com,
Tom Meyer <fa...@email.address> Quoth The Raven:

yeah, and I just realised I am swearing too much in this thread, but still,
some warning might have been warranted. this wasn't work-safe.

--
begin; writeln('This is just a tagline'); end;

Bateau

Jan 14, 2004, 5:13:41 AM1/14/04
_.--""--._ On
." ". Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:51:23 +1100
| . ` ` | in
\( )/ comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
\)__. _._(/ Highlandish
// >..< \\ spoke
|__.' vv '.__/ 20
l'''"''l lines
_ )--( _ the
\ |`----''----'| / undead
|| `-' '--' || skeleton
|| `--' '--' || god
|l `--'--'--' |l of
|__|`--' `--'|__| giant
| | )-( | | ascii
|| )-( \|| who
|| __ )_( __ \\ replied...
||' `- -' \ \\
||\_ `-' _/ |_\
/_\ _)J-._.-L( /`-\
|`- I_)O /\ O( `--l\\\|
||||( `-' `-') .-' |||
\\\ \ / / ///
\ \ / /
\ \ / /
/ \ / \
|_()I()._|
\ /\ /
| / \ |
| | \ \
| | \ \
| | \ \
| |-nabis\ \_
| | /-._\
|.-.\ //.-._)
\\\\ ///
\\\\-'''
``''

>In news:uEHMb.7267$881.1...@news20.bellglobal.com,
>Grackle <nos...@lalaland.com> Quoth The Raven:
>> Ah yes, the pot-bellied fit man -- I see some of those waddle by with
>> their Big-macs and Pepsi combo when I'm cycling. I think the
>> explanation is that the belly is actually muscle, right?

>> "Highlandish" <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

>>> I am not disabled nor am I unfit (just pot bellied and heavy)
>
>no, I am a fat slob. however I live in the country where we don't have
>takeaways on top of this frozen mountain, so I am fat because I eat a lot of
>home cooked food and I spend a lot of time on my pc. anyway I'm retired for
>the rest of my life (at 33), and I am going to University this because I am
>bored. keep your damn burgers and soft drink.

Damn that's some laziness. Learn to make salads dude.
--
.-'`-.
/ | | \
/ | | \
|___|_|__ |
||<o>| <o>`|
|| J_ )|
`|`-'__`-'|/
| `--' |
.-| |_
.-' \ / | |`-.
.-' `. /| | \
/ ````' | | \
|_____ | | L
.-' ___ `-. F F | | ||`-.___
.'.-' | `-. `. J J / | || _.>
/ /| | |`. \ | | |/ | ||_.-'
/ / | | | `. `. F F | |==============================
J / | | | \ L J J | | `:::::::. `:::::::.
FJ | | | |L J/ / | \ :::::::. :::::::\
J |() | () | () | () | J L/ | | ::::::: :::::::L
| F | .-'_ \ | | LJ | / L :::::::: :::::::J
| L | / \\ | | | L | | :::::::: ::::::::L
| L || ):|| | | | /| L :::::::: ::::::::|
J | ||:._.'::|| | | |----' | | :::::::: ::::::::| .---.
J | |J:::::::|| | | | _/\ | :::::::: ::::::::| /(@ o`.
LJ | \:::::/ | | | |---'\ | | :::::::: ::::::::| | /^^^
J L | `-:-' | | | F | \ | J :::::::: ::::::::| \ . \vvv
LJ()| () | () | () | F F | \ \--._L :::::::: ::::::::| \ `--'
J \ | | | | J J \ | | :::::::: ::::::::| \ `.
\ \| | | | / / | | | :::::::: ::::::::| L \
\ \ | | |/ /| | | .-'| :::::::: ::::::::| | \
`.`. | | .'.' | | |/ /`L :::::::: ::::::::| | L
| `.`-.____|.-'.-' | | | <`. \ :::::::: ::::::::| | |
| | `-.______.-' | \| |_`::\ `. :::::::: ::::::::| F |
| J\ | | | | /: \::. \:::::::: ::::::::F / |
| L\|--| | _.--|:: `::\ `.:::::: .:::::::J / F
J J |\\|-.____ |__.-' |: \::. \:::: ::::::::F .' J
L \| >|| `--' J |' .`::\ `.:' .::::::::/ .' F
J |//JJ | L |---. .--\::. \---. .---. <---< J
L |< |J |\=/| ( _ \=/ _ `::\ `. \=/ _ \=/ _ \ /
J |\\|J | | / )_) | (_) \::. \ | (_) | (_) | /
\ |--|J |//\\ / //\ //`::\ `./\ //\ / .'
\| |L ` )/ )` `' '|`---// `---// `\::. \ `---// `---' .'
VK________| L_\ ' /___/ ' | |___//______//_____`::\ |___//_________.'_________
F F J`` -'| | | | | \:_|
`-' | "" | J ` |
| | L | |\ |\ /| /| |\ /|
| | \ | | \ | \ // // | \ || |\
J | `. | ||\\ ||\\ // // ||\\ || ||
L F )`---\ || >> || \\ / | << || \\ || ||
| J / `. ||// || || //|| \\ || || || ||
J J ( `-. |// | \ || |/ || \\ | \ || || ||
`-.__/ `---. `. |<< ||\\|| || >> ||\\|| || ||
| J `. ) ||\\ || \ | || // || \ | || ||
/ | `-----' || >> || || || // || || \\ ||
/ F ||// || || || << || || \\||
J J | / |/ || |/ \\ |/ || \ |
J | |/ \| \| \| \|
`-.-' K I N G O F T H E M O N S T E R S

Bateau

Jan 14, 2004, 5:21:12 AM1/14/04
_.--""--._ On
." ". Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:54:03 GMT

| . ` ` | in
\( )/ comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
\)__. _._(/ Darin Johnson
// >..< \\ spoke
|__.' vv '.__/ 15

>"Grackle" <nos...@lalaland.com> writes:

When they are alone they stuff their faces. They only eat properly when
around other because because they are rightly ashamed of their fat
assness.

Bateau

Jan 14, 2004, 5:23:02 AM1/14/04
_.--""--._ On
." ". Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:10:56 +0000 (UTC)

| . ` ` | in
\( )/ comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
\)__. _._(/ Nan Wang
// >..< \\ spoke
|__.' vv '.__/ 30

>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:

>> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> writes:
>
>> > If I get so fat I need a new chair to hold my fat ass, my reaction would be to
>> > stop eating so damn much, not to buy a new chair.
>
>> The problem is that it's not as easy as just saying it. The body is
>> programmed to horde calories, in anticipation of food shortages. When
>> you combine that with being shut in and unable to exercise, it takes
>> a superhuman amount of will to lose the weight. You might as well
>> just say "if I was hooked on heroin, I'd just stop".
>
>I don't know, Stephen Hawking isn't morbidly obese, at least from the pictures
>I have seen.

Well he does have some kind of weird wasting disease.

>Step 2c: cut out junk food, soda, refined sugar

This is the number one reason people are fat. They just won't stop
eating crap.

Bateau

Jan 14, 2004, 5:25:20 AM1/14/04
_.--""--._ On
." ". 13 Jan 2004 20:45:36 GMT

| . ` ` | in
\( )/ comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
\)__. _._(/ Knight37
// >..< \\ spoke
|__.' vv '.__/ 20

>Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in
>
>> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> wrote in news:bu1811$7qd$1
>@reader2.panix.com:

>>> How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>>

>> How about a more sensible approach: dont suggest major fixes to minor
>> problems.
>
>Losing weight can fix a lot of problems many of which are not minor
>(health related issues). Easier said than done, though.

I bet you find it hard to quit smoking too. Grow a spine or go live in
the garden where you belong you fucking daffodils!

Bateau

Jan 14, 2004, 5:27:38 AM1/14/04
_.--""--._ On
." ". Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:38:12 +1100

| . ` ` | in
\( )/ comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
\)__. _._(/ Highlandish
// >..< \\ spoke
|__.' vv '.__/ 14
>In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,

>Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:
>> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
>>> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but
>>> maybe on of you ha a friend who knows something!
>>
>> How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>
>go fuck your self.

I thought all you fatties were meant to be jolly???

Highlandish

Jan 14, 2004, 6:07:34 AM1/14/04
In news:gs7a00d5uiovk61nf...@4ax.com,
Michael Cecil <mac...@comcast.net> Quoth The Raven:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:31:44 +1100, "Highlandish"
> <ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> yeah, and I just realised I am swearing too much in this thread, but
>> still, some warning might have been warranted. this wasn't work-safe.
>
> You must be an Internet newbie if your goatsex/tubgirl Spidey-sense
> didn't go off before clicking on that link. It was only completely
> obvious. ;)

oh those goatsex/tubgirl are very old time, I knew better to click on those,
but the fat naked guy was a new one to me

--
I pretend to work, they pretend to pay me

jmfb...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2004, 6:20:04 AM1/14/04
In article <h92900dhm2bnlsj20...@4ax.com>,
Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:07:52 -0700, James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:
>
>>I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or
>>the South Beach Diet (a modified form of Atkins). Both are sensible
>>diets that will help you lose weight, gain energy, and for a life style
>>that is both healthier and will help you live longer.
>
>Atkins sensible? That would be the same Atkins that is warned against
>by the major medical councils around the world?

Yup. It's the latest fad diet once again around here. It was also
a fad diet around here in the 70s. So its cycle is ~25 years.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.

jmfb...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2004, 6:22:26 AM1/14/04
In article <Xns946F843404E...@208.201.224.154>,
Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
<snip>

>True but he didnt say he had such problems. But he did say he was
>handicapped so a stringent diet and exercise program might be more than
>its worth.

I missed the original and am too lazy to trace it back. Did anybody
answer the OP's question? If not, how is s/he handicapped?
<snip>

jmfb...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2004, 6:29:54 AM1/14/04
In article <7ss900l0669j7n8br...@4ax.com>,
Michael Cecil <mac...@comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

>My chair - after breaking a few I looked around and found one that wasn't
>cheaply welded together under the seat. The casters all started breaking
>so I took them off and mounted the strong seat and post section on a piece
>of plywood with 10 industrial casters under it.

I'm one of the skinny types and my chairs have broken. When they're
held together with a brad or a spot weld, it doesn't require
heaviness to break them. I always dump casters that come with
regular furniture and replace them with the heavy duties just
like you did.

Building a chair to take the force of sitting down isn't difficult.
Making a back that can take the leverage force of fidgeting (for
want of a better word) is the problem. To prevent pressure
sores, I'd opt for down-filled cushions or pillows.

My most comfortable position is in a reclining position rather
like a lounge chair (has support for legs built in). There
used to be couches that were built like that (I can't remember
what the style is called).

jmfb...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2004, 6:32:03 AM1/14/04
In article <bu211a$hkt$1...@reader2.panix.com>,

<ckreska...@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>> In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
>> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:
>> >
>> > How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>
>> go fuck your self.
>
>Sensitive, aren't we?

Nope. Sensible. I didn't get the impression
that the question was about losing weight.

<snip>

-=Matt=-

Jan 14, 2004, 7:20:58 AM1/14/04

> Knight37 wrote:
> >
> > Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in
> >
> > > Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> wrote in news:bu1811$7qd$1
> > @reader2.panix.com:

> > > How about a more sensible approach: dont suggest major fixes to minor
> > > problems.
> >
> > Losing weight can fix a lot of problems many of which are not minor
> > (health related issues). Easier said than done, though.
>
> I would recommend talking to your doctor and trying either Atkins* or
> the South Beach Diet (a modified form of Atkins). Both are sensible
> diets that will help you lose weight, gain energy, and for a life style
> that is both healthier and will help you live longer.
>
> *Atkins is not just meat and eggs for those who are going to post how
> horrible it is.

I think if you spoke to most doctors, they wouldn't be recommending Atkins!
At least not in England thats for sure...!

Gandalf Parker

Jan 14, 2004, 9:39:22 AM1/14/04
Bateau <Gam...@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

> When they are alone they stuff their faces. They only eat properly when
> around other because because they are rightly ashamed of their fat
> assness.

You are an amazingly interesting individual. Please continue to post here
since you never fail to expand the scales of measurement by which the rest
of our posts are compared. (although I do wish you would drop the BBS-age
ascii art)

Gandalf Parker

-- Customer Service Handbook: You should never resort to cursing in
response to a customer. Besides, with a little practice it should be
clear that a pat on the head can be much more insulting than a slap to
the face.

Gerry Quinn

Jan 14, 2004, 9:50:36 AM1/14/04
In article <Xns947043B1EA3...@208.201.224.154>, Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
>Bateau <Gam...@work.stomping.aza> wrote in
>
>> When they are alone they stuff their faces. They only eat properly when
>> around other because because they are rightly ashamed of their fat
>> assness.
>
>You are an amazingly interesting individual. Please continue to post here
>since you never fail to expand the scales of measurement by which the rest
>of our posts are compared. (although I do wish you would drop the BBS-age
>ascii art)

Bateau is an amazingly interesting individual in at least one sense,
because he is the only poster I have *ever* killfiled. Not because of
his opinions, but because the time to download one of his posts and move
on to the next is noticeable, and because it would be necessary to make
the effort of scrolling down in order to read his comments, which are
not generally worth reading.

- Gerry Quinn

Andrew

Jan 14, 2004, 9:49:39 AM1/14/04
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:50:36 GMT, ger...@indigo.ie (Gerry Quinn)
wrote:

>Bateau is an amazingly interesting individual in at least one sense,
>because he is the only poster I have *ever* killfiled.

I find it more amazing there are still some people who haven't
killfiled him and can be bothered to scroll down to read his tripe.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble n...@gurjevgrzrboivbhf.pbz & remove spamtrap.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Gandalf Parker

Jan 14, 2004, 9:45:59 AM1/14/04
Xocyll <Xoc...@kingston.net> wisely espoused in

> Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> looked up from
> reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
> the signs say:
>>

>>I was kindof wondering if he were below the cut-line on the metabolism
>>thing. Under 30 maybe? Its a whole new conversation after that.
>
> God ain't that the truth.
>
> You can be bone-rack thin for years no matter what or how much you eat.
> Then one day the calories decide to stick around like poor relatives
> round a lottery winner.

Thats what happened to me. Before 25 I totally lived out of vending
machines. I had a boss that ORDERED me (literally, I was in the military)
to report to the hospital and be checked for a tape worm. He wanted
someone to verify that I could actually eat sweet rolls and drink milk
all day without gaining. After I hit the metab change I was continually
on "the program" (again, this wasnt something you cheated on. It was the
military version) until the day I retired. Anyone who says "they eat too
much" you can pretty much write off as being under 30 and un-informed.

Im not saying its impossible but being as simple as "they eat too much"
aint it.

Gandalf Parker

Gandalf Parker

Jan 14, 2004, 9:50:00 AM1/14/04
jmfb...@aol.com wrote in news:4005381d$0$6759$61fe...@news.rcn.com:

> In article <Xns946F843404E...@208.201.224.154>,
> Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>True but he didnt say he had such problems. But he did say he was
>>handicapped so a stringent diet and exercise program might be more than
>>its worth.
>
> I missed the original and am too lazy to trace it back. Did anybody
> answer the OP's question? If not, how is s/he handicapped?

I did. And a few others. All he wanted were chair suggestions. Not sure
about the handicap but apparently it didnt have anything to do with the
type of chair he needed. He just needed one which would support 250-300 lbs
without becoming impossible to sit on within a year.

Gandalf Parker

Gandalf Parker

Jan 14, 2004, 9:53:28 AM1/14/04
Andrew <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:50:36 GMT, ger...@indigo.ie (Gerry Quinn)
> wrote:
>
>>Bateau is an amazingly interesting individual in at least one sense,
>>because he is the only poster I have *ever* killfiled.
>
> I find it more amazing there are still some people who haven't
> killfiled him and can be bothered to scroll down to read his tripe.

There will always be those. Newcomers. And those who avoid automatic
filters due to reasons such as their work.

Gandalf Parker

jmfb...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2004, 8:49:51 AM1/14/04
In article <Xns9470457EE44...@208.201.224.154>,

Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
>jmfb...@aol.com wrote in news:4005381d$0$6759$61fe...@news.rcn.com:
>
>> In article <Xns946F843404E...@208.201.224.154>,
>> Gandalf Parker <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>>True but he didnt say he had such problems. But he did say he was
>>>handicapped so a stringent diet and exercise program might be more than
>>>its worth.
>>
>> I missed the original and am too lazy to trace it back. Did anybody
>> answer the OP's question? If not, how is s/he handicapped?
>
>I did. And a few others.

Ah, OK.

> .. All he wanted were chair suggestions.

That was clear. I was appalled at the other spew.
Football players are in that weight range and I don't hear
anybody trying to tell them to lose weight.

> ..Not sure

>about the handicap but apparently it didnt have anything to do with the
>type of chair he needed. He just needed one which would
>support 250-300 lbs
>without becoming impossible to sit on within a year.

Anything with sponge filling is out even if you're not heavy.
Unless you can refill the cushion...

Andrew

Jan 14, 2004, 10:21:45 AM1/14/04
On Wed, 14 Jan 04 13:49:51 GMT, jmfb...@aol.com wrote:

>That was clear. I was appalled at the other spew.
>Football players are in that weight range and I don't hear
>anybody trying to tell them to lose weight.

It would be a brave man who would casually tell a linebacker to lay
off the donuts!

Walter Mitty

Jan 14, 2004, 11:19:15 AM1/14/04
dnash...@thevortex.com (dnashifter) brightened my day with his
incisive wit when in
news:83aa70ea.04011...@posting.google.com he conjectured
that:

Hmm yes. I see your point. Makes sense.

Nan Wang

Jan 14, 2004, 11:31:12 AM1/14/04
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic James Garvin <bo...@nmt.edu> wrote:
> Nan Wang wrote:
> >
> > Step 1: figure out roughly how much calories one needs on a daily basis,
> > http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

> That Calorie calculator just doesn't seem right.

That is a very basic one, you are supposed to modify it based on body fat,
since fat tissue requires no calories to maintain.

So at the same height, a 180 pounder with 8% body fat requires much more
calories than another 180 pounder with 20% body fat.

> > Step 2: eat below that number, but not too much below.

> Which wouldn't be hard to eat less then 4100 cals (2160 BMR)

What do you do? Unless you are still in the military doing active combat
yours seems high.

James_

Jan 14, 2004, 2:29:02 PM1/14/04
"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
> [...]

I think he is the only person I have killfiled in the gaming groups.

saint

Jan 14, 2004, 6:28:37 PM1/14/04
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:53:33 +0800, Bateau <Gam...@work.stomping.aza>
wrote:

>Holy fuck you people are crazy! ONLY 200 lb? ONLY 110 kg? You are giant
>fatties! Try exercise and less big macs!!

Your sig can use a diet.

saint

Jan 14, 2004, 6:32:29 PM1/14/04
On 13 Jan 2004 22:52:10 -0800, dnash...@thevortex.com (dnashifter)
wrote:

>Here's a thought:
>
>Bunboy was a chronic masturbator. Sitting down lit his wick. Leather
>chairs gave him the ultimate charge. He'd sink his great hairy ass
>into the buttery cow skin, breath a sigh of relief and say to his big
>soft supple paw, "Yea, baby, let's get it on." He often practiced his
>stroking motions on his Great Dane. He knew if he could get that
>massive woofer off then he could give himself unfathomable pleasure.
>As soon as the dog would shoot it's spooge into Bunboy's face, that
>was all Bunboy needed to do to know he was ready. He plopped his
>thunder thighs down into the Pleasurematic 5000, rubbed his hands
>together and went to town on his skin trumpet. "Yea, yea! I'm
>sitting down, baby, I'm sitting down! I feel so sexy man. Yea! My
>hand knows what it wants, doesn't it, Lucile? Give it to daddy!" His
>face perspired, making the dog jisim and sweat run across his big
>puffy lips, giving him even more pleasure. "Yes, Lucile! You're
>better than a woman. You let me sit down you're my…hand! Yea! Give
>it to me! Give it to me, Lucile! Then Bunboy would cum in a gush,
>all over his lazy lap. Occasionally a heart attack would occur and
>the emergency wagon would pull up to the door, take out a wall and
>enlist an elephant to haul his ass to the hospital in a semi.
>Ocasionally the elephant was know to step on and break the
>Pleasurematic 5000. But on the good nights, Bunboy would just finish
>up, lick off the expulsion and light a doobie.
>
>As always, I hope this answers your question.

Well at least he's not a peeping tom.

Grackle

Jan 14, 2004, 7:02:09 PM1/14/04
Or include his annoying ascii art in their reply, for that matter...

Grackle

Jan 14, 2004, 7:18:06 PM1/14/04
More precisely, it's not eating too much, but eating too much fat,
obviously. Slow metabolism or not, you don't magically gain weight from
walking past a table of fried chicken and gravy. Saying your metabolism
slows down after 30 (excercise will speed it up again anyway), and leaving
it at that is giving up, as if it's not worth the effort anymore. But if
you don't mind the health risks, then I guess it's like smoking...to each
his/her own, cancer or hearth attack, we all gotta go sometime :)

"Gandalf Parker" <gan...@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message

Grackle

Jan 14, 2004, 7:26:24 PM1/14/04
Naw, that only burns a few calories -- how much of a workout can you get
with your hand.

> In news:bu1811$7qd$1...@reader2.panix.com,
> Nan Wang <nw...@panix.com> Quoth The Raven:

> > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic bunboy <bun...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> I know I am the only fat person playing computer games but
> >> maybe on of you ha a friend who knows something!
> >
> > How about the more sensible approach: lose some weight.
>

> go fuck your self.
>
> --
> I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 7:55:36 PM1/14/04
Michael Cecil wrote:

> A recent study on rats concluded that rats that were fed a low carb diet
> lived longer. They were mean and bitter, but they lived longer. Hmmm...

ROTFLMAO

> I've lost 90 lbs since November and researched every diet I could find
> back then. The unifying factor for all the diets that produced results
> was a reduction in carbohydrate intake.

Too true. The problem mainly is that Americans put sugar is
EVERYTHING. The other problem is that carbs break down in to sugar. So
we have all this sugar, but nothing real in our bodies....Hmmmmm..."Good
Omens" anyone?

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 8:04:55 PM1/14/04

The induction faze is a fad (because people take that as Atkins).
Atkins is actual a very good idea and many nutritionists have been
pushing it in some form or another for a very long time.

Really the only arguments come about when you talk about fruit (how many
carbs and sugars they "really" have).

James Garvin

Jan 14, 2004, 8:06:25 PM1/14/04
-=Matt=- wrote:

> I think if you spoke to most doctors, they wouldn't be recommending Atkins!
> At least not in England thats for sure...!

That's because they aren't nutritionists.

It is loading more messages.