Half Life CD key code where???

STEVEN L UMBACH

Nov 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/20/98
Well we bought Half Life today at Best Buy but can not get it to work.
Everything installs fine until we get to the part that says enter CD key
found on CD case. We can not find any CD key code except for a tiny five
digit number on the bottom right tab that holds the front booklet in. We
entered that number and it does not work . We took it back to Best Buy and
they exchanged it for us, and the replacement did not work either. Where is
the CD KEY?? Also neither package we bought was sealed in any way (no
plastic wrap on CD case) and there were fingerprints on the brand new CD we
bought. I wonder if someone was messing around with the packages and got the
cd's mixed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If we can not get it
to work this weekend we will take it back for a refund and buy a copy
somewhere else. Best Buy said they would refund the money since we showed
them the cd case and asked them to show us where the CD key was, and they
could not find it either. --- Steve

Nappi95

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
It's on the back of the CD jewel case. The insert is an advertisement for
Kings Quest : Mask of Eternity. The key numbers are to the left of the
screenshots. It's a 13 digit number (atleast mine is).

Nappi

Steve wrote....
>Where is
>the CD KEY?

Tim McKillican

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
It's on the back of the CD case, a 13 digit number. Valve said some of
the copies didn't get one by mistake, so if that's the case, take it
back again and get a new one. You can find a HL key generator if you're
dying to play, but it won't let you play multi.

Reb Ruster

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:34:38 -0600, "STEVEN L UMBACH"
<N9...@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Well we bought Half Life today at Best Buy but can not get it to work.
>Everything installs fine until we get to the part that says enter CD key
>found on CD case. We can not find any CD key code except for a tiny five
>digit number on the bottom right tab that holds the front booklet in. We
>entered that number and it does not work . We took it back to Best Buy and
>they exchanged it for us, and the replacement did not work either. Where is
>the CD KEY?? Also neither package we bought was sealed in any way (no
>plastic wrap on CD case) and there were fingerprints on the brand new CD we
>bought. I wonder if someone was messing around with the packages and got the
>cd's mixed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If we can not get it
>to work this weekend we will take it back for a refund and buy a copy
>somewhere else. Best Buy said they would refund the money since we showed
>them the cd case and asked them to show us where the CD key was, and they
>could not find it either. --- Steve

The coverleaf on the in the back panel of the CD case. 4 digits-5
digits-4 digits.

or
xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx