HELP: Happypuppy demos not working!

1 view

THE CARPET CRAWLERS

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
I just connected to the www.happypuppy.com WWW site and downloaded the
demo for Mega Man X.

When I went to unzip the file, it came back saying there was an error in
the zip file.

Is there something I have to do before downloading a file from a WWW site?

I'm using Lynx on a VAX 4500 mainframe, if it makes a difference.

Any help appreciated...

- Tom N.
"It's a thrilling sensation, but it poses a serious threat to your driver's
license, suggests an invincibility that can turn out to be an illusion,
and repeatedly creates speed differentials that catch other road users by
surprise."

"...the Turbo's livery makes no bones about the car's true intentions."

"It accelerates like a catapult, it brakes with mind-boggling magnetism,
and it corners so vigorously that your neck hurts after a day's hard
driving."

- Georg Kacher
AUTOMOBILE magazine, May 1995
On the 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo

LPEN...@portland.caps.maine.edu

Nov 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/20/95

In article <1995Nov15.0...@ac.dal.ca>, tomi...@ac.dal.ca (THE CARPET

CRAWLERS) says:

>I just connected to the www.happypuppy.com WWW site and downloaded the
>demo for Mega Man X.
>
>When I went to unzip the file, it came back saying there was an error in
>the zip file.
>
>Is there something I have to do before downloading a file from a WWW site?
>
>I'm using Lynx on a VAX 4500 mainframe, if it makes a difference.
>
>Any help appreciated...
>
> - Tom N.

When you transfered the files from the VAX to a PC did you specify binary? If
not that could be the problem. (This of course only applies if you FTPed them
from the manframe to a PC)

Leslie