net use QDLS problem ?

Silenus paparias

Jun 1, 2011, 4:01:18 AM6/1/11
Hello.

all PCs maps SUCCESSFULLY through the windows server login script to
QDLS with the command

NET USE u: \\192.168.2.250\QDLS UNSEXC /USER:UNSEXC /persistent:no

One pc cannot map, i have the massage "Access denied".

if i try 4 times the above command, because of the SYSVAL- max
attemps, the user UNSEXC are disabled.

I dont know where is here the problem.

any suggestions ?

thnaks.

highvalue.fr

Jun 1, 2011, 6:02:53 AM6/1/11

I think to use QDLS, user (UNSEXC ?) has to be present in the distribution
directory : WRKDIRE

best regards,

FF

iseriesflorida

Jun 1, 2011, 8:04:24 AM6/1/11
On Jun 1, 6:02 am, "highvalue.fr" <contactPASDES...@iTIRETcr.fr>
wrote:
> FF- Hide quoted text -

And I take it maybe a script your using has a hard coded profile/
password, any issues with that.

Silenus paparias

Jun 2, 2011, 1:16:23 AM6/2/11
> password, any issues with that.- Απόκρυψη κειμένου σε παράθεση -
>
> - Εμφάνιση κειμένου σε παράθεση -

Hello.

User UNSEXC is already on WRKDIRE, all others users map as i said
successfully to QDLS(all users uses the same script!)
PCs are windows XP sp3, and as400 are on V4R5.

Only one PC has this problem!.This PC maps to other Servers
Successfully.
I dont know were to search else.

highvalue.fr

Jun 2, 2011, 4:00:27 AM6/2/11
Silenus paparias wrote:

> User UNSEXC is already on WRKDIRE, all others users map as i said
> successfully to QDLS(all users uses the same script!)
> PCs are windows XP sp3, and as400 are on V4R5.
>
> Only one PC has this problem!.This PC maps to other Servers
> Successfully.
> I dont know were to search else.

OK.

Access denied, user disabled : are you sure of the password you use for
this user ?

Do you use the same user and the same AS/400 on other PC's ? (OS version if
different AS, sysval QPWDLVL...)

what Happens if you try tou connect manually ?

an other idea.. dou you use special characters in password ? PC code page vs
CCSID problem ?

= > perhaps try to change password on 2 sides : PC and AS/400, upper case
and without special or accents character's

FF

Silenus paparias

Jun 2, 2011, 5:09:46 AM6/2/11
> Access denied, user disabled : are you sure of the password  you use for
> this user ?

Yes, all users use the same script.
The command is for all : NET USE u: \\192.168.2.250\QDLS UNSEXC /
USER:UNSEXC /persistent:no

> Do you use the same user and the same AS/400 on other PC's ? (OS version if
> different AS, sysval QPWDLVL...)

Yes, all users goes with user UNSEXC and Password:UNSEXC in. (1 AS400
machine)

> what Happens if you try tou connect manually ?

The same, i have the error "Reason Code 5 , Access denied ) on the
this PC.

> an other idea.. dou you use special characters in password ? PC code page vs
> CCSID problem ?

No special characters ...pass ist UNSEXC

> = > perhaps try to change password on 2 sides : PC and AS/400, upper case
> and without special or accents character's

All others users map to QDLS with this script........ there no problem
in the script or pass/ character etc.
all PC have the same domain and configuration.
Only this PC can't map to QDLS (other maps to other Server(windows)
are all working)

Robert Comer

Jun 2, 2011, 9:55:23 AM6/2/11
It could be a multiple domain or hybrid domain problem (a domain and a
workgroup), but I'm wondering if it's an authentication level problem.

Check the "Local security policy" -> Local Policies -> Security
options -> Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level and make
sure the non working machine is set the same as one that works. I
don't really know if this is the problem since you have a domain, but
it's worth a check...

--
Bob Comer

CRPence

Jun 2, 2011, 10:39:25 AM6/2/11
On 02-Jun-2011 02:09 , Silenus paparias wrote:
> All others users map to QDLS with this script........ there no
> problem in the script or pass/ character etc. all PC have the same
> domain and configuration. Only this PC can't map to QDLS (other maps
> to other Server(windows) are all working)

How valid is the claim that "all PC have the same domain and
configuration"? Is that a statement based solely on some level of
confidence based on experience, or has there been actual verification at
the PC experiencing the issue since the issue began [and presumably, as
compared to another PC which is not experiencing the issue]?

Even if the domain name is correct, perhaps explicitly specifying the
USER:domain\user for the problematic client PC could change the results.

Regards, Chuck

highvalue.fr

Jun 2, 2011, 11:12:45 AM6/2/11
Silenus paparias wrote:
case and without special or accents character's

> All others users map to QDLS with this script........ there no problem
> in the script or pass/ character etc.
> all PC have the same domain and configuration.
> Only this PC can't map to QDLS (other maps to other Server(windows)
> are all working)

OK,

what we can think..

- if the good user is disabled on the AS/400 after 4 times, it seems :
* PC accesses the AS/400, so IP and routes seems OK
* connection is denied but user is recognized

more ideas ...
(Sometimes a simple idea, even false, causes a reaction and I invite you to
really check your answers, because it often fails considering some
prerequisites for granted)

- is it a new PC ? or it was working properly ?

- have you tried (on this PC) to connect this AS/400 with telnet using
this user/password ? and other user ?

- can you connect to QDLS with other user ?on other PC ? on this PC ?

- have you tried QDLS within Op. Nav. ?

- what about windows user ?

- have you an exit point program (see the link) on AS/400 for connection
with IP restriction ? can you try a PC who is OK with IP adress of this PC
and vice versa ?

- is the AS/400 in the host file ? (like other PC's ?)

- are all PC's in the same network segment ? (I think TCP/IP ports
restriction in network equpment)

- MS windows firewall ?

- perhaps you know this link
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0/e4591ebc9694349086256b53006ed3af?OpenDocument

and now...

"je donne ma langue au chat.." en français dans le texte... ;-))

Jonathan Ball

Jun 2, 2011, 11:35:30 AM6/2/11

We had a very similar problem at the company I left back in November.
They also had users mapping to an IFS folder in the same way, using the
same profile in an embedded script, and the profile kept getting
disabled. In our case, PCs the local (UK) site sysadmins didn't know
about were running an old version of the script. We were able to
identify the PCs by IP address, and they eventually either updated the
script or took it out of the start-up for the PCs.

Silenus paparias

Jun 3, 2011, 2:23:12 AM6/3/11
Hello to all.

1. The PCs is not new, we have only one simple LOCAL Domain ---No
firewall(for Internal communication) also the software
Firewall(windows xp) are disabled.
2. Local security policy ---> local policy -->Secutiy options---->LAN
Mabager authetifications level are set to ---Send NTLMv2 response only
\refuse LM & NTLM.
3. CA / telnet working without any problems from this PC..
4. No TCP/IP port restrictions and a same network segment
5. On all PCs the AS400 is not in hosts files.

----This PC works on all other thinks very fine ONLY the map to QDLS
dont works!

I have remove this PC from Domain and then i have add again.
I saw the map to QDLS in Windows but was not accessible.
After i have restarted the PC the maps to QDLS is gone for good!

thanks.

iseriesflorida

Jun 3, 2011, 6:07:35 AM6/3/11

Is the user setup to be allowed into the folder and or directory on
the 400 side.

Ad

Jun 8, 2011, 3:16:17 PM6/8/11

Silenus paparias

Jun 9, 2011, 6:03:29 AM6/9/11
The problem must be on PC(windows XP) not on the AS400.

From all others PC works the mapping with the same user(UNSXEC)
without problems.

Kaj Julius

Jun 9, 2011, 2:41:50 PM6/9/11

"Silenus paparias" <olympi...@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> The problem must be on PC(windows XP) not on the AS400.
>
> From all others PC works the mapping with the same user(UNSXEC)
> without problems.

I concur, it must be something with this PC that's different from all the
others.

Have you checked that Netbios over TCP is enabled? I think this is necessary
as the AS/400 NetServer emulates a Windows 98 diskdrive/share (at least on
older versions of the OS).

Anyway, I would look closely at the TCP/IP setup and compare it to that of
some of the other PCs where it's working.
Well, who am I kidding, you've probably done that already. :-)

dhira...@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 10:19:47 PM5/5/16
Is the issue resolved??