Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

DS based on pointer

3 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

bon...@gmail.com

da leggere,
5 giu 2008, 06:31:3805/06/08
Hi all,

I'm using ds based on pointer in some of our programs.
The matter is that in debug when I try to view a single field of the
ds (or the complete ds too) with the debug command "eval" I see only
asterisks, even if every field is valued.

Can you help me in some way?
I know, I can copy the ds based on pointer in another that's equal and
watch this, but I have to modify every program...

Thanks a lot!
Fabrizio

Thomas Raddatz

da leggere,
5 giu 2008, 11:51:0305/06/08
a bon...@gmail.com
Fabrizio,

Try this one:

eval pPointer->dsName

It works on our V5R4 box. You can even extend it like this:

eval pPointer1->dsName1.pPointer2->dsName2

Regards,

Thomas.

bon...@gmail.com schrieb:

bon...@gmail.com

da leggere,
6 giu 2008, 06:58:5706/06/08
> > Fabrizio- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato

Woooow!!!
It perfectly runs!

Many thanks Thomas, great shot... :)

How did you find it?
There is no info in any official help, neither in on-line AS400 help.

Thomas Raddatz

da leggere,
7 giu 2008, 11:59:5507/06/08
a bon...@gmail.com
Fabrizio,

I do not remember where I first got this information from. Most likely I found it in our beloved
newsgroup. For example, it is described in thread "When the based variable's basing pointer is pointer
based".

http://groups.google.de/group/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/browse_frm/thread/3a2a8e88aa3f27b5/fcf42f0a5af239db?hl=de&lnk=st&q=#fcf42f0a5af239db

Or search for "eval pointer" with author set to "Barbara Morris". It is the fourth entry in the result
list.

Thomas.

bon...@gmail.com schrieb:

Barbara Morris

da leggere,
11 giu 2008, 22:57:0811/06/08
Thomas Raddatz wrote:

> Or search for "eval pointer" with author set to "Barbara Morris". It is
> the fourth entry in the result list.

In that post, I see that I promised to get something into the
Programmer's Guide. And, ta daaaaa ... here it is:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/books_web/c0925076227.htm

0 nuovi messaggi