What are all this Jobs?

Silenus paparias

Aug 18, 2010, 2:19:27 AM8/18/10
Hello.

After a security test with Nessus on the system, i have many jobs
which i haven't see before.
Many of QTTFT00068...QTTFTXXXXXX
4 times QNEOSOEM
5 times QPASVRS
3 times QTLPDXXXXX,
QQQTEMP1,QQQTEMP2
4 times QDBSRVXXXX
5 times QTVDEVICE
Most of them are Batch jobs on QSYSWORK.

We have a "simple" system, CA on PCs, we do not operate with
FTP,HTTP,POP and such thinks and we do not communicate with other
Systems.

I have ended some Jobs but after a IPL the Jobs are again there.

As i see in Dsplog, Jobs like QTTFTxxxxx starts automaticaly on
01:00:00 amd ends on 3:00:00, at this time no one is in the Firm and
working, and i have not any schedule to do such thinks.

Do i need all this Job?
if not, how can remove this jobs so they dont start again after a IPL?

thanks.

Grim

Aug 18, 2010, 7:29:54 AM8/18/10

If it begins with a Q and you don't know what it is DO NOT KILL IT. If
your doing that you are an idiot. There's this thing called GOOGLE
that you can use to do some research or better yet CALL IBM. I'm
assuming you have software support. Those jobs are there for a very
good reason, especially if there started right after an IPL. As a
general rule if it starts with a Q don't screw with it. It's most
likely system related. The QDBSRVXXXX are database jobs and if your
killing those your going to cause major problems to your system.

jsev99

Aug 18, 2010, 6:21:06 PM8/18/10

Most of those jobs listed are system jobs that need to be running.
You can look in the infocentre to find out what most of these are for
(for v5r4 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaku/rzakuservertable.htm).
Many of these jobs will have always been running (such as the telnet
device manage QTDEVICE and database server jobs QDBSRV* to name just
2).

If you really don't need the user started ones, you can stop them
starting after an IPL through iSeries Nav.