Commodore Free Magazine, Issue 93 - Part 1

Stephen Walsh

Sep 20, 2016, 11:25:52 PM9/20/16

CONTRIBUTORS
Lenard R. Roach
Wilfred Wells

WEBSITE
www.commodorefree.com

EMAIL ADDRESS
commod...@commodorefree.com

SUBMISSIONS

Articles are always wanted for the magazine. Contact us for details. We
can't pay you for your efforts but you are safe in the knowledge that you
have passed on details that will interest other Commodore enthusiasts.

NOTICES

All materials in this magazine are the property of Commodore Free unless
otherwise stated. All copyrights, trademarks, trade names, internet domain
names or other similar rights are acknowledged. No part of this magazine
may be reproduced without permission. The appearance of an advert in the
magazine does not necessarily mean that the goods/services advertised are
associated with or endorsed by Commodore Free Magazine.

COPYRIGHT

Copyright (c) 2016
Commodore Free Magazine
All Rights Reserved.

*************************************
EDITORIAL
*************************************

This is quite an exciting issue, and although they seem to be taking more
and more time, are still readable and I seem to be receiving a great number
of emails asking from new issues and comments about how people enjoyed
reading the last XXX issue. I would like to thank everyone for your kind
comments (although I have done so personally by email) and I am glad you
are still with us on our Commodore journey.

This issue then has the usual news and in no particular order we have
sneaked alongside "A Comparison of some Common Fast Load" by Wilfred Wells.
Lenard Roach goes back to his Growing Pains with part Part Fin, not sure
why he stopped naming the 1, 2 , 3, 4 etc but its an interesting read about
one man and his Commodore adventures. We have an interview with Alessandro
Abbruzzetti who is the Creator of KERNAL64, although some may say, "Just
another emulator," you need to read the interview to find out why this is
different from the current batch of emulating systems. Then another
interview, this time with Christian Krenner, the creator of Space Chase For
the CBM II. Not a lot of software was created for this machine and little,
if any games. Not only is this an impressive creation, it's also very
playable, even in its current state. It's a game I am looking forward to
reviewing in the not too distant future, of course once the game is fully
finished.

This brings up another point. Commodore Free doesn't review, preview, or
beta software. I may say that the software is excellent and may point to a
final score, but a review isn't made on beta software as the code and
indeed game will evolve (change) and so the score will alter. Once the
game is stable and released then a review will be undertaken. The review
period is usually a month with extensive playing! The reviews are
completed on hardware, or if the system is very rare, then I have to resort
to emulation if I don't have the physical machine.

Lenard Roach continues in this issue with what he entitles "Growing Pains
Part Quad", continued work on "The Ledger", and I would like to press
Lenard to release this series of titles to the community either as freeware
or donation ware, as there is still life in these titles.

Finally, we have an interview with the IDE64 creator Tomas Pribyl.
Although this is a reprint of an interview I conducted some time ago for
Commodore Scene, many people have asked me to interview Tomas for Commodore
Free so I have reprinted the article.

And that's the end of another magazine.

As usual help is required for all parts of the magazine either as a one off
contribution or a regular columnist

Thanks for reading

Regards
Nigel (editor)
www.commodorefree.com

*************************************
GENERAL NEWS
*************************************

*************************************
JOYDIVISION JOYSTICK ADAPTER
*************************************

Stefan Blixth has developed a joystick adapter that makes it possible to
use an Atari style joystick on an emulator running on a PC. The adapter is
a HID device and does not need to use a special driver but should be picked
up by the operating system.

There is also a PCB-layout if you want to build the adaptor yourself.

oshpark.com/shared_projects/eoh7Ay5p

Main website

www.onyxsoft.se/joydivision.html

*************************************
RETRO COMMODORE
*************************************

Retro-Commodore has a large collection of high quality scans available for
Commodore users. The latest additions to the website are: Deluxe Paint IV
Addendum, Deluxe Paint IV Quick Reference, Elbox FastATA MK-IV, Allegro
CDFS User's Guide v2.6, COMputer, Grand Master Manual (C64), Commodore
Monitor 1940/42 User's Guide, Make CD 3 for the Amiga Manual, Phase 5
Blizzard 603 Power Board, Phase5 - Blizzard MKIV, Expansion Systems
DataFlyer SCSI+ User manual, Alfa Data Tandem IDE+CD Controller manual,
VXL-30 Accelerator Config, Chip install and Upgrade Notes, The Professional
Page Template and Design Guide, Amiga Lære og Håndbog BASIC-programmering,
Deluxe Paint III Quick Reference, Alcotini Priselister, PC10/PC20 User
Manual, PC10/PC20 Advanced Graphics Adapter Manual, and Amiga 500
Använderehandbok.

www.retro-commodore.eu/

THE WAY WE PLAYED
The Golden Age of Computer Games

This is a new Kickstarter project to publish a book about the games on t